Google Possibly Investing in Songza

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Samesung flat out copied Apple in looks and hardware, and even icons. Google copied them in features.
What features specifically did Google copy? I am assuming you know them.

The phone that Google was ready to release when the iPhone was introduced didn't even have a touchscreen.
What did the G1 copy from the iPhone? Are you trying to claim that all touchscreen phones copied the iPhone?

This was the first Android phone actually to be released:

google-android-g1-tmobile-01.jpg

Explain to me which features it copied from the iPhone.

And where did Apple sue Google for patent infringement if they did indeed.. Infringe? Since they protect and sue for patents as you say...
I am assuming Pappy can tell us, since he has made it clear that you can only copy when you violate patents.

What about it Pappy?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
"What did the G1 copy from the iPhone? Are you trying to claim that all touchscreen phones copied the iPhone?"

Google absolutely copied the touchscreen. And before they trashed the original Android phone, it was a copy of a Blackberry.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Google absolutely copied the touchscreen.
Touchscreens did not exist prior to the iPhone?

And before they trashed the original Android phone, it was a copy of a Blackberry.
So what? Blackberry can complain about that, but Apple can't.

So is the touchscreen the ONLY thing you can come up with? Thats what your entire "omg Android copied the iPhone" argument rests on?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
"What did the G1 copy from the iPhone? Are you trying to claim that all touchscreen phones copied the iPhone?"

Google absolutely copied the touchscreen. And before they trashed the original Android phone, it was a copy of a Blackberry.

And where did Apple sue Google for patent infringement if they did indeed.. Infringe? Since they protect and sue for patents as you say...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Please answer Pappy?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No need to needle him. We know the answers.

Hi5 to the sV

I'm not really needling it's just more of asking him to clarify his own statement. Tons of arguments have been happening on this subject and it's kind of bad manners to just say things that you know aren't true just to get people fired up... And then not show justification.. All just not good practices.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never understood the need to even argue/agressively-discuss the topic but it is entertaining, I'll give it that.

Hi5 from the sV

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Of course it is grossly profitable because their products are grossly overpriced. But I agree, they go well together as Apple's gear is overpriced too.

By your logic is: I'm not going to buy a beautifully designed piece of jewerly, because the same weight in gold is cheaper...

Why is it that if someone like you who finds no value for him/herself - suddenly becomes "grossly overpriced". I have been doing contracted work for better half of my professional carrier. Same contract can be sold in a highly marginal price (that means very different prices) depending on conditions, recognition, understanding of the content, value, and need/want principles. So someone will pay $5000 for a product and get a great deal (due to mentioned above), but someone will pay $500 for the same product and still feel cheated. You know the difference between the two? One got a product he needed (that works for him), the other got the wrong product for his needs (that doesn't work for him).

So, your blab about "Grossly Overpriced" is as moronic as the person that buys a product that was not tailored for him. Apple products are NOT overpriced - their products work better for majority of people in the U.S. and great numbers of people in many other countries. And they're willing to pay for it - as evident in record breaking sales of iPhones, iPads, iPods... If Apple devices and Beats devices were "grossly overpriced" no one would buy them would they? (maybe a few uninformed would buy it, but not enough to bring Apple, Beats, Samsung to success)... I would not buy any offering with Android today because that product does not respond to my needs as iOS devices do. Buying something I'd need to fiddle with for the same price as an iPhone would be not valuable (the price would not justify its means) for me as it will waste my professional time getting it all sorted, day in - day out. But it's probably priced just right for you.

Now you're entitled to your opinion, but IT IS YOUR OPINION... Apple is profitable because people buy it - people buy it because they find value in it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol