Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wizuriel
  • 1 Post By Mr Matei
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Default Which Mobile Platform Handles Contacts/People the best?

This isn't meant to be a flame war about which platform is best, just wondering about how contacts apps compare on various mobile devices (mainly considering the main 4, but if anyone has access to another platform like a Firefox OS or Sailfish device, I'd love to hear about that too). Things that each one does better than the others/does best, syncing to other devices, social network integration, information that you can put in each contact, aesthetics, usability, anything that you can add that has to do with how contacts on mobile devices would be great.

Default Re: Which Mobile Platform Handles Contacts/People the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Matei View Post
    This isn't meant to be a flame war about which platform is best, just wondering about how contacts apps compare on various mobile devices (mainly considering the main 4, but if anyone has access to another platform like a Firefox OS or Sailfish device, I'd love to hear about that too). Things that each one does better than the others/does best, syncing to other devices, social network integration, information that you can put in each contact, aesthetics, usability, anything that you can add that has to do with how contacts on mobile devices would be great.
    This was one of the initial reasons I went Windows Phone. Setting up everything with Google, I'd often have like 6 of one contact from facebook, google account, hotmail account, etc. iPhone was good but very proprietary so getting to or from an iphone was a pain in the neck. There's a reason that in recent versions both Android and iOS heavily drew from the contacts hub and call screen of Windows Phone. It's the best implementation. Not only that, the social networking is amazing, at least with the ones I use. Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter are baked into the OS so well that you can easily maintain those three without installing an app. I'd definitely have to say Windows Phone takes the cake here.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Bb10 handles them pretty well

Posted via Android Central App
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Windows phone is lightyears ahead of Android in terms of social media integration and organizing your contacts. You can pretty much handling any social media activity you want with just the me, people and message tiles.

The me tile will show you whenever you've been referenced/contacted in LinkedIn/twitter/Facebook
    The people combines your contacts info with Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter and you can view their social media activity
    The message app lets you send private messages in Facebook and SMS (and I think twitter)
    BobLobIaw likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Windows Phone is pretty great at contacts, but Microsoft seems to want to remove as many unique features from the platform as possible (as seen with many hubs being broken in 8.1).
    A895 likes this.

the most easy way is yo buy and check that which thing can work for you the best hey

I really like the functions touchwiz adds to the stock contacts/dialer...one of the reasons I almost went with the G5 over the MAXX. Stock android is a bit of a pain with 2 apps needed (dialer/people) to do most things. Touchwiz nicely blended the two from what I saw playing in the store.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app