The LG G3 has arrived :-)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

removable battery does add dimensions, in the case of LG G3 versus the Nexus 5, the G3 is a WHOPPING .3mm thicker...

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I need to see and feel this phone in person before making a decision. I was looking at the S5 but with this being only barely larger than the S5 I would rather have the larger screen if they are that close in size. Based on a size comparison pick they are very close. Kind of sick of samsung too. I'm just worried what the full cost price will be as I will be paying for it in full. I'm hoping $650 or less on verizon....not sure how realistic that is though....

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

G3 + QuickCircle case + wireless charging stand will break the bank but I can't wait! I'm even excited about their G watch.

Now it's just the waiting game on carrier launch dates and model availability... (is the 32gb GS5 even out yet?...haha)

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

removable battery does add dimensions, in the case of LG G3 versus the Nexus 5, the G3 is a WHOPPING .3mm thicker...

Well, there's 0.5mm difference between the N4 and N5. I think they feel quite different in the hand. And if you don't care about thickness then as I mentioned you could just keep the thickness constant and pack a bit more capacity in your battery.

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

Oh noes. Skinny jeans no like .3mm thickness.

No need to be sarcastic. The point of this thread is for people to explain why or why not they will be buying the G3. Or is it "Why I will be buying the G3."?

I just gave my reasons for why I probably won't get this phone. I'm not mad at LG for producing such a phone though, nor am I mad at people who want to buy it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Well, there's 0.5mm difference between the N4 and N5. I think they feel quite different in the hand.

Oh they do. My sis has the N4 and her bf the N5, very different feel when double fisting them

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

If I do it will be my 30th upgrade since '09. I'm just waiting to see what Apple does with iPhone 6 because I only have 1 update left on my account.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I was going to get the HTC one m8 prime. Since that is cancelled looks like HTC has lost a customer and LG has gained one.

grove53

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Just got my LG G2 about a month ago. I was eligible for an upgrade with AT&T so with a two year contract I got the G2 for free. Best freak'n smartphone. I've had a couple of iPhones and a Samsung Galaxy phone but the G2 is the best. I'm planning on holding on to my G2 until a G6 comes out. The G3 looks good and has good specs but I like the 5.2 screen and I like the G2's back buttons better. Super easy to take a screen shot. Battery life is a day and a half to 2 days easy. Runs as smooth as butter on a bald monkey. G3 looks and sounds good but I'm going to keep up my love affair with my G2.

Posted via Android Central App

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure if it will replace my DNA or not. Waiting for some hands on review of the Verizon version. Also waiting to see if we get the Xperia. I'm in no hurry to upgrade. .

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

i will be...

i had a note 3... sold it cause i wanted to have the nexus 5 and oneplus... i got the bright RED nexus 5 and it was awesome, but i missed the big screen and the screen on the Nexus 5 although nice.. was pretty dull looking... i sold the N5 after a week and a bit..

the onplus doesn't seem to be ready to be released to the public without invites for a while now so i am not banking on waiting..

so i have Cash in my shoe box waiting for Rogers to get the G3.. i am hoping they will get the Shine GOLD right at launch...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

The G3 looks to be a good device and I would highly consider it if I decide to get a new device.

Asterisk

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

It'll be my first LG phone! Yay! Upgrading from Note 2. So glad it's physically smaller!!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

It'll be my first LG phone! Yay! Upgrading from Note 2. So glad it's physically smaller!!

My first LG phone as well! I just hope that the 3/32 combo is available to us here in the states. I would be willing to go to any carrier for that option!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463