The LG G3 has arrived :-)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
LG G3 Head up display

Just started using head up display, apk found over at XDA developers.

This so far is a great feature and well done to the developer for making it available.

Head over to check it out.

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just received my Lg G3 and the build is surprisingly really good.

Being plastic and my Z2 being glass I thought it wouldn't feel as premium but it really does and I can see the Amazement in that its slightly smaller in height than my Z2, and very slim bezels.

The screen is so crisp, but as are full 1080p screens.

In the process of setting it up so not much time spent yet exploring.

The design is great and it feels slim, and great in hand and rear buttons feel clicky and well constructed.

Overall I think I made a good call purchasing the G3 :)

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just received my Lg G3 and the build is surprisingly really good.

Being plastic and my Z2 being glass I thought it wouldn't feel as premium but it really does and I can see the Amazement in that its slightly smaller in height than my Z2, and very slim bezels.

The screen is so crisp, but as are full 1080p screens.

In the process of setting it up so not much time spent yet exploring.

The design is great and it feels slim, and great in hand and rear buttons feel clicky and well constructed.

Overall I think I made a good call purchasing the G3 :)

Awesome, can't wait to get mine! Where'd you get your from?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, can't wait to get mine! Where'd you get your from?

I got mine from mobiles.co.uk and they were very prompt with dispatch, ordered at 6pm Tuesday and it arrived 11am Today.

You will be amazed, the build and design is top quality and like the Z2 you just sense time went into it.

Enjoy it when it arrives :)

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I got mine from mobiles.co.uk and they were very prompt with dispatch, ordered at 6pm Tuesday and it arrived 11am Today.

You will be amazed, the build and design is top quality and like the Z2 you just sense time went into it.

Enjoy it when it arrives :)

Great can't wait! I'm coming from Windows Phones so despite my brief (friend had one) time with the Z2 I can tell it was top notch. All my Windows Phone have been 100% Excellent build quality with months of stress. Hoping I made the right choice to jump ship for the time being!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Duncan1982: I shall be interested to know what you think of the display compared to that of the Z2....as will many others I expect.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Great can't wait! I'm coming from Windows Phones so despite my brief (friend had one) time with the Z2 I can tell it was top notch. All my Windows Phone have been 100% Excellent build quality with months of stress. Hoping I made the right choice to jump ship for the time being!

Yes windows phones are well constructed, Nokia do well in making plastic feel premium.

Like the G3 but its different, its lighter than the Z2, but not to much that it feels cheap, the feel is slim and the curve is fantastic and it just doesn't feel like its been rushed, I retort like the Z2 time went into it and it shows.

And again you won't regret purchasing the G3 I promise.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Duncan1982: I shall be interested to know what you think of the display compared to that of the Z2....as will many others I expect.

Hmmm the display on the Z2 is brilliant and despite reviews stating its poor in daylight, my experience has been the opposite and so much so that I never have my phones at full brightness and I had no difficulties apart from fingerprints that effect viewing of course. But a quick wipe and your sorted.

To now answer the question the G3's screen compared to the Z2, well the G3 is pixel perfect and the Z2 is almost so to speak, really trying to provide an analogy hmmm perhaps that wasn't the best. I will try again.

Both are great the Z2 is crisp and clear and colours are great.

The G3 is more like silk, softer but so so crisp and smooth.

Hope that helps lol

Will provide a Camera comparison tomorrow.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Does the g3 fit in your front pocket, say if you're wearing jeans or is it too big to carry in your front pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I feel bad for leaving all my Windows Pride back in the past, and jumping over to the OS I once hated, but the near stock android experience, beautiful design, amazing display and fast camera I couldn't resist. This phone is one hell of a monster, a sleek, thin, high res monster.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Does the g3 fit in your front pocket, say if you're wearing jeans or is it too big to carry in your front pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its an amazing feat that Lg with the G3 managed to somehow fit the incredibly pixel perfect 5.5" screen that pops into this frame.

Its a tad smaller than the Z2 in height and a tad wider than the Z2.

Honestly its so so manageable and those slim bezels wow.

So yes it will fit comfortably :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I feel bad for leaving all my Windows Pride back in the past, and jumping over to the OS I once hated, but the near stock android experience, beautiful design, amazing display and fast camera I couldn't resist. This phone is one hell of a monster, a sleek, thin, high res monster.

Again you won't regret it, what is not to like? The screen is superb, yes I get that it may be hard to tell the difference between full HD and quad HD but there is a difference, just not yet fully utilised. It has a removable battery and a micro SD card slot.

Knock code and I'm still exploring, I don't like to rush everything in lol

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Howdy.
Did it come with an sD card and if yes, what's the size/storage?
Thanks.

Mav, :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

No it didn't come with an SD card here in the UK.

Box Contents

The handset

Quadbeat ear buds

Charger and micro USB to USB cable.

Battery

And the usual paperwork.

But this G3 is impressive, the build and design, features are spot on :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So sound quality with the quadbeat headphones is no match for the impressive sound of the noise cancelling ones that come with the Z2.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Why can't I get the Amazon app on LG G3?

For some strange reason unknown to me, I can't get the Amazon app for the G3.

Google play on the Z2 finds it, on the G3 its not there.

Does anyone no a reason?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why can't I get the Amazon app?

Your phone has reviewed the app and found it to be revolting lol

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member