Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 49 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1219
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Interesting..

    While the big players fight over the next big thing...

    The smaller or less recognised companies really focus....

    Image Leak Suggests This Is The Huawei Ascend D3 Complete With Super Slim Bezels | Androidheadlines.com

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default what is it with morons posting crap.

    It's really annoying that these muppets are posting crap for films, earn 1 billion pound an hour if you subscribe to whatever crap it is.

    Moderators get rid of these idiots.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  
    Vsweety's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    409 Posts
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    It's really annoying that these muppets are posting crap for films, earn 1 billion pound an hour if you subscribe to whatever crap it is.

    Moderators get rid of these idiots.
    Erm... quite!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    Best thing to do is click the little triangle in the upper right of their post, enter your message (ex. such as "Spam"), then hit Send Report. It will notify the mods/site administrators and they'll take care of it.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Best thing to do is click the little triangle in the upper right of their post, enter your message (ex. such as "Spam"), then hit Send Report. It will notify the mods/site administrators and they'll take care of it.
    Yeh forgot about that, will certainly be doing that :-)

    Must admit the moderators do a good job at getting rid.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Best thing to do is click the little triangle in the upper right of their post, enter your message (ex. such as "Spam"), then hit Send Report. It will notify the mods/site administrators and they'll take care of it.
    ^^ Use the report post to Moderator, we will take care of the rest!

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  7. #7  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    25,759 Posts
    Global Posts
    26,202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    As a whole, the Ambassadors and Moderators report and eliminate (respectively) as we see it. However there are many threads, many posts, and sometimes some just slip by.

    But yes, as already stated, if any regular member sees any, by all means, please click the triangular report button, and simply fill out the message box. "Spam" is really all that is needed.

    Also, please note that there is a delay of 120 seconds between reports. Some spammers post several posts of garbage. Reporting one of them is all that is necessary.

    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    As a whole, the Ambassadors and Moderators report and eliminate (respectively) as we see it. However there are many threads, many posts, and sometimes some just slip by.

    But yes, as already stated, if any regular member sees any, by all means, please click the triangular report button, and simply fill out the message box. "Spam" is really all that is needed.

    Also, please note that there is a delay of 120 seconds between reports. Some spammers post several posts of garbage. Reporting one of them is all that is necessary.
    Gotcha and get that some may slip through the net, what is it with these attention seeking spammers?

    Keep up the good work though and did noticed the posts in question were quickly removed.

    Cheers & have a great weekend :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    25,759 Posts
    Global Posts
    26,202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Gotcha and get that some may slip through the net, what is it with these attention seeking spammers?

    Keep up the good work though and did noticed the posts in question were quickly removed.

    Cheers & have a great weekend :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
    I think some of them get paid for clicks. Or at least that is my guess.



    From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  10. #10  
    eggantom's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default Re: Interesting..

    The design reminds me of something... Hm, I wonder what it is?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Interesting..

    Nonexistent (or nearly) bezels look sexy as anything, but it's kind of awful in practice: you can't cup your device in your hand or let your fingers grip the edges, because if you do you're touching the screen and things wig out because the device is registering touches on the edges constantly. Often, I might add, on the back button because that's where the palm under your thumb rests. You also can't use a case very well because the lip that clicks around the front of your device makes it impossible to execute gestures from the edge of the screen. In short, it's good-looking, but bad for functionality.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Re: Interesting..

    Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    Nonexistent (or nearly) bezels look sexy as anything, but it's kind of awful in practice: you can't cup your device in your hand or let your fingers grip the edges, because if you do you're touching the screen and things wig out because the device is registering touches on the edges constantly. Often, I might add, on the back button because that's where the palm under your thumb rests. You also can't use a case very well because the lip that clicks around the front of your device makes it impossible to execute gestures from the edge of the screen. In short, it's good-looking, but bad for functionality.
    Makes sense, I to like the slim bezels but valid points there :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think some of them get paid for clicks. Or at least that is my guess.



    From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.
    Most likely. Either that or they are advertising their services or products.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  14. #14  

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    You mean you don't want to WATCH X-MEN FOR FREE??!?!?

    I take an inordinate amount of pleasure reporting those soulless spambots.


    IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    As a whole, the Ambassadors and Moderators report and eliminate (respectively) as we see it. However there are many threads, many posts, and sometimes some just slip by.

    But yes, as already stated, if any regular member sees any, by all means, please click the triangular report button, and simply fill out the message box. "Spam" is really all that is needed.

    Also, please note that there is a delay of 120 seconds between reports. Some spammers post several posts of garbage. Reporting one of them is all that is necessary.
    Exactly this .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.



    Community Rules & Guidelines
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: what is it with morons posting crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    You mean you don't want to WATCH X-MEN FOR FREE??!?!?

    I take an inordinate amount of pleasure reporting those soulless spambots.
    I watched frozen for free over the weekend... Borrowed it from the library.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Design & Features

    Ok so we now have all the Major Flagships Released bar the G3 which was recently announced.

    This is all subjective and based solely on my perspective.

    The Following in terms of design have superseded the S5..

    The Xperia Z2 while not much has changed over the Z1 what Sony did was implement subtle changes that just work and done very well.

    The Htc One M8 same applies and well done to Htc little changes but what they did works and well.

    The LG G3 wow so great that they have managed to increase the Size but keep it manageable so well done Lg. They have changed the design and improved upon the G2 very well, and to be less fingerprint prone is a huge plus.

    That leaves the S5 which yes they implemented the water resistance and new dimpled back, but the overall tweaks are nothing compared to the above. It's the yawn phone where the above was actually like hmm subtle but what they have done works.

    Features on the Z2

    Waterproofing, Noise Cancellation, 20.7mgp great Camera, knock on (an LG feature) Stereo speakers,4k recording, Great battery life, Nice & light Ui with great usability especially the gallery which is superb and in general runs so smooth.

    Htc Features

    Gesture controls and also using knock on and off, Sense 6 nicely revamped, boomsound speakers, Duo Camera all great tweaks over the M7.

    LG G3 well the G3 got to mention that screen ok it's ahead of time and apps and video ect need to catch up but that's where things are going so well done Lg, knock code, knock off and on,.new Ui design and little features such as smart notification, Camera improvements.

    S5

    Features galore and not going to give Samsung to hard off a press here they have implemented some nice features such as Download booster, battery saving, Ui tweaks, kids mode, private mode ect and some that to me are pointless eg fingerprint reader and heartrate monitor.

    Overall the likes of Sony, Htc and LG have done alot better with their flagships this year.

    But wait there is the S5 Prime hmm will it continue the trend and be all hype and not much else?

    What do you all think?

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default So who will be purchasing the G3?

    I must admit I'm a bit of a collector of smartphones and have been through quite a few. Not as many as some lol namely Samsungs.

    I have now swayed away from Samsung and this is just my opinion, is that other OEM's are implementing design & features in a superior way.

    I am really tempted to purchase the G3. But I have a month ago acquired the Xperia Z2 which I like alot.

    However out of my addiction and general curiosity I will no doubt add the G3 to my collection.

    How about you?

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

    I've had a few too. IPhones, Samsung GALAXY S3 , LG OPTIMUS G PRO, Nexus 5. I'll definitely get the G3. It's the closest to perfect for my needs. None have gotten it completely right yet.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frope01 View Post
    I've had a few too. IPhones, Samsung GALAXY S3 , LG OPTIMUS G PRO, Nexus 5. I'll definitely get the G3. It's the closest to perfect for my needs. None have gotten it completely right yet.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    The Z2 has nailed it for me and I would struggle to find 3 flaws, really like what Sony have done. This is of course my opinion alone.

    But I also like what Lg are doing and for implementing that unique feature of placing the buttons on the back, which enables thin bezels. Also for the knock on & off and knock code & that quad Hd screen I'm curious lol

    I will be purchasing upon release.

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  
    jtblazer's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

    Liking what I have seen so far. May sell my note 3 and get this.

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    The Z2 has nailed it for me and I would struggle to find 3 flaws, really like what Sony have done. This is of course my opinion alone.

    But I also like what Lg are doing and for implementing that unique feature of placing the buttons on the back, which enables thin bezels. Also for the knock on & off and knock code & that quad Hd screen I'm curious lol

    I will be purchasing upon release.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I have seen many of your posts on the Z2. I was thinking getting a Z2 but will wait to see the G3 in person. They look to be about the same size while the G3 is lighter. I like the water resistance of the Z2 but like the not the 16GB internal storage. I like what I see so far on the G3 but will wait to see it in person before deciding.
    Galaxy S6 ACTIVE, Zenfone 2, Galaxy S6 (64GB), Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB 2014 Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2



    Current Devices
  23. #23  

    Default Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

    Can't wait to hold the G3

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Retired Ambassador
  24. #24  
    VW Maverick's Avatar

    Posts
    3,245 Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

    Default Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    So who will be purchasing the G3?
    I will.

    Mav.

    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: So who will be purchasing the G3?

    I'll get one. Just need to find one I can use on AT&T'S HSPA network but without AT&T'S bloatware.

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 49 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New GAME FREE - The Exterminator - Zombies
    By Carmen Salas in forum Android App Inventor
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 04:03 PM
  2. New G3 UK User
    By belodion in forum LG G3
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 02:57 PM
  3. Dude Perfect with the G3
    By scottysize in forum LG G3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 12:01 PM
  4. Galaxy S# L710 stuck in endless "gapps has stopped" loop
    By PascLeRasc in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 05:54 PM
  5. New GAME FREE - The Exterminator - Zombies
    By Carmen Salas in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions