Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bryanmsi
  • 1 Post By shaytoon21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default moto x vs htc m8

I'm deciding between the two phones, any oppionions?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: moto x vs htc m8

Depends on what kind of experience you're looking for. HTC Sense versus pretty much stock vanilla Android KitKat

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm going with yet he moto x for customization and price....have to wait for stock to come in Jul 24..

Congrats. You will not regret it.

Moto X. Stock Android is where it's at.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Had the m8 and liked it a lot, but went back to the moto because of the size, speed, and feel. Do not regret it one bit.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Waiting for the materials to come in stock.... made it custom with mohagnay back and gold trim

Thanked by:
    yscty 

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I have both phones, and have found myself going back to the Moto X. For me, the inability of the HTC One to have any real handsfree capability is just a deal killer. I'm not a prolific texter, but I do use it during my daily commute and there simply isn't any ability to do this with the HTC. Otherwise, the HTC One is just stunning. The screen is amazing, the boomsound speakers are amazing, its wicked fast, and I really like what they did with Sense 6. It also charges faster than the Moto X even though the battery is larger. The HTC One is quite a bit larger than the Moto, but I didn't find that to be a deal breaker. The HTC one battery lasts longer than the X. The Moto has the smart unlock feature, which works great if you have bluetooth in your car (or a smartwatch like the Pebble). The HTC is physically much more high-end looking being metal and glass, but the Moto looks good too. Just not quite so premium.

Camera-wise, its a mixed bag. The Moto X images are much higher resolution, but the HTC is a bit better in low light. Neither camera is a standout. The "twist to launch camera" feature on the Moto is cool, but the HTC is nearly as good with its "raise the phone and push the volume key to launch" feature. I found the duo camera on the HTC to be a very cool effect, but one I rarely used.

Its kind of hard to compare, with the Moto X being $349 off contract and the HTC is $639. The HTC is clearly faster and more "modern" but its a LOT more expensive than the Moto, which is almost a year old at this point.

So I guess if price is no object, if you don't need handsfree, and don't mind a large phone, go for the HTC. If you need a more interactive phone, like a smaller device, or just prefer a more stock android feature, then the X wins.
    dmark44 likes this.

are u able to hold out another month or so? x2 will be coming out and thats gonna be a killer phone
    dmark44 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Nice. What price and will it be contomisible?

price will prolly be the same, between 100-200 with contract depending on memory storage. and im sure moto maker will still be available as well, that was one of the driving points for the phone so i doubt theyre gonna take it away now.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    price will prolly be the same, between 100-200 with contract depending on memory storage. and im sure moto maker will still be available as well, that was one of the driving points for the phone so i doubt theyre gonna take it away now.
    Nice, thanks

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

What about off contract price?

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Personally, I think the M8 is a very nice phone. But, I just don't know if I can do without the always on always listening function that the Moto X has. I find myself using it all the time to set timers when I'm cooking, use the what's up phrase when i get a text message at home, to set alarms and reminders, to navigate, to make calls, to initiate web searches, to get the time of day..... and many other things. One thing I do know, if it was easy to do, all of the new flagships would have this function being that Motorola introduced its almost a year ago on the Moto X. Even though the new Snapdragon chips can supposedly do it, the trick is not impacting your battery life. Motorola has figured it out and no one else has at this point that I have seen. Every time I have seen or read that someone enabled that function on their phone, it has severely impacted their battery life. I am really excited for the next Moto X to hit the market. If I was trying to decide between the Moto X and another phone, I would wait for the next Moto X.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Global Posts
    7,624 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    are u able to hold out another month or so? x2 will be coming out and thats gonna be a killer phone
    I will be considering the X2(or whatever its going to be called) as an upgrade to my Moto X over a HTC.I haven't heard officially how much it will cost either, on contract or off contract ...yet
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I will be considering the X2(or whatever its going to be called) as an upgrade to my Moto X over a HTC.I haven't heard officially how much it will cost either, on contract or off contract ...yet
    I wish I was on a contract plan...