What advantages does Android still have over iOS 8?

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Apple is better about building a community of users than GOOGLE. If you want to go in a clubhouse and hobnob with other members then Apple is the only way to go...from super cool Apple stores with their Genie bar support to free apps at Starbucks they get the idea of creating a physical "in" crowd.
Microsoft is jealous and is trying (and failing) to replicate this. .It would be nice if Google would at lease put a cart in the middle of the mall...oh well no clubhouse for android users....
Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'll echo a lot of the comments here. Customization and huge choice of many different phones is what appeals to me. I like gadgets in general and have a 3 year old Android tablet along with a few iPads, but it was iPhone for me all the way, period for 7 years. And then 2 months ago I decided that I wanted a bigger screen and external storage. I wanted to customize more things. I also wanted a stylus type device that is on board the device too hence I chose a Galaxy Note 3. I could not be happier. All the apps I need are on Google Play and I've purchased a handful, but not going all out insane like I did with iOS and now with so many apps that I didn't even use half the time. My apps run well and I'm pleased. I still use my iPad too and I also have an older MacBook that I use with a second job I have, so I didn't just turn into an Apple/iOS hater. However, hands down, I like my Note 3 better than iPhone all the way. The new rumored iPhone phablet would have gotten my attention for size, but then nothing else besides that. Just no variety there-one thing only, no choices. Not so with Android.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
iOS still owns the States.

Of course. The walled garden is an all-American concept since IBM in the sixties.
But iOS has also steadily been losing marketshare to Android in the past 6 years. iOS is shrinking, year upon year, and Android is growing.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm not correct in thinking this, but a main reason I was considering android was so I didn't feel beholden to buying apple products if I didn't want to. If I stick with iPhone, I feel like if I was deciding between a Mac or PC I feel like I have to be swayed to the Mac side because its also a apple product and it'll work great with the phone. Whereas I would be worried a android phone wouldn't sync well on the mac. At least since PC is ubiquitous, I'd feel like it would work well with most anything. If that makes sense.

Same goes if I am looking to buy a streaming box. If I find the roku offers me more, there still that thought I should go with apple TV because its also made by apple. Really, its a hive mentality.

And I'm wanting to use Microsoft services more nowadays and I don't know if that makes more sense on android or iOS. Android is obviously very Google focused and iOS is very apple focused. Does it make sense to use android and not use google for everything or use Microsoft instead?

I use an Android phone and a Macbook Pro, 2 iMacs, and 2 MacBook Airs. Not even slightly inclined to get an iPhone, though!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
, you have fragmentation issues, you have a lack if cohesion, and other problems.

Fragmentation is a problem pushed by the media. Consumers couldn't care less. But I think that things are going to get reigned in a bit with upcoming versions Android.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I suggest going on YouTube and finding some videos on the topic. I'm sure there are plenty of videos pointing out how android is better than iOS

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I suggest going on YouTube and finding some videos on the topic. I'm sure there are plenty of videos pointing out how android is better than iOS

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

The same can be said about the opposite :p
They're all the same points though. Sometimes it's just better to get opinions from the community.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2