Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

Default Who else will be ditching their S5 for the iPhone 6 ?????

As much as I love/have loved all my Galaxy's and Note's I do plan on jumping to the iPhone 6 on day one (I'm on the T-Mobile original jump plan )

Yea,,, I'm one of "those" ,,,,, I like both Android and iOS ( I'm typing this on my iPad Air right now) but my current phone is the S5.

Main reason I dumped iPhone (owned every model ever made) was because of the 3.5 and 4" screen sizes, but now that Apple is going to be putting out 4.7" and 5.5" screens that's a big game changer for me.

Also, iOS 8 is now going to be finally using some of the best features that Android has had for the last few years,, predictive text keyboard, easier access to settings and a few other things that iOS has always been behind on.

And all the new features and the re-vamp of iCloud with the new iOS 8 release are very welcome as well,,,,, iCloud will finally be what it should have been long ago (more like Google Drive and Dropbox have been)

Anyhow,,,, I do love my S5, but I'm counting down the days for the iPhone 6 release,,, just can't decide between the 4.7" or 5.5" version,,,,, leaning more towards the the 4.7" though.

Any other S5 owner's out there having the same thoughts about going to, or switching back to Apple when the 6 comes out ???

Cheers
    Davyo

Default Re: Who else will be ditching their S5 for the iPhone 6 ?????

I've always like iphone, my wife has the 5s and I have galaxy s5....for me to switch to iphone again I want water resistant to start with, next an iphone with removable back to take battery out...and keep the metal design

Posted via the Android Central App
    navymoms and bsettz like this.

I'll be switching. I too love both platforms as I left the 5S for the S5 and now I'm going back. What I'll miss most is the IR Blaster. I know that sounds like a gimmick to most, but for someone in poor health who watches TV as much as I do, it's incredibly handy.

Nope I won't. I have never been a fan of iPhones. They are too restricted. Being able to use launchers and what not without jail breaking or rooting my phone is a plus for me. I do own an iPod and an iPad so I don't dislike apple products. I just would never buy a phone.

Posted via Android Central App

I was a die hard fan of iphones. I owned all of the generations. Once I switched to the GS5, I'm not going back.

Not me. For one, I'm already accustomed to android (never owned an iPhone) and don't really have a desire to completely change operating systems. Two, I'm just not the type to get a new phone every 4 months. I'll run out my two years with the S5 and see what's on the market at that point.
    Jermaine Gray and Xzibit3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    I was a die hard fan of iphones. I owned all of the generations. Once I switched to the GS5, I'm not going back.
    +1, I don't see anything that would make me want to switch back

crawfojj and navymoms like this.

I said I would go back to iOS if Apple increases the size but I'm loving android way too much.

The last two was purchased to profit off them. It cost me $250 to upgrade and sold the 64GB for $850!

Besides, base on what I've seen I'm not that thrilled about it. As I said before I only bought the 64GB iPad Air LTE because I'm a Mac user and invested in iTunes.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Won't ever happen here, can't replace the battery and the Apple store is too restrictive.
    I have stronger words for the whole iOS camp but............
    MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
    MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON

I can't imagine ever going from an S-anything to an iPhone. I know this next one is supposed to be bigger, but overall they look like "baby phones" to me.
    LadyEpic and DudeThatsErin like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Samsung for iPhone 6? Yeah I'd seriously consider it. Samsung for an HTC, Moto, Sony android? In a heartbeat.

I'd in all seriousness consider a Nokia lumia over a Samsung android. I dislike Samsung's android software that much.

maybe..

How can you "switch" from Samsung Galaxy s5 without incurring large carrier charges and losing the cash paid up front for it?

Frankly, I'd consider switching from s5 to Amazon Fire Phone if I could ti at no cost.

I use ATT. Would ATT make such a deal?

Using iphones since 1st generation and gave a fair try to s3's4' m7 etc but every time went back to iphone.
    This year again M8 and S5, and settled on S5, not going back to iphone again, next step convet Mrs lol

Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    7,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

It really depends on what the iP6 brings to the table when officially announced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

I'm really curious to see if apple has figured out the battery for these up coming iphones. The 5s battery was horrible. The new iPhones are looking to be very slim with much larger screens. If users can easily get thru a day w heavy use I'd seriously consider a iPhone 6.
    BB_Junky likes this.

There is nothing Apple could do to convince me to ditch Android for any of their locked-down ios products. That and my severe disdain for the way they run their business.

Thanked by:
    LadyEpic, msndrstood and crawfojj like this.

Global Posts
    7,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by GC736 View Post
    There is nothing Apple could do to convince me to ditch Android for any of their locked-down ios products. That and my severe disdain for the way they run their business.

For, you do not have to "ditch" your android product(s). ...in addition to, in addition to.

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱
    Live long and prosper.

joe watson1 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

How dare you ask such a thing. BLASPHEMY.. lol!!
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the ​THANKS button.

Current Devices: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

I wont, i just recently switched from iPhone 5 to the S5, I've had iPhones since the 3GS, 4, 5. I just had grown tired of it, it was boring, and all the new iPhone 6 will be is "Boring" with a bigger screen.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasS5 View Post
    I wont, i just recently switched from iPhone 5 to the S5, I've had iPhones since the 3GS, 4, 5. I just had grown tired of it, it was boring, and all the new iPhone 6 will be is "Boring" with a bigger screen.
    I hear you. I'm considering going android myself. Been with Apple since day one and I'm getting really bored. Just waiting to see what everyone releases in the next month or so. Then I'll make my choice.
    navymoms likes this.

All I need to know is how to add me Yahoo e-mail account to me S5 on at&t. I do not want to go to a store for obvious reasons. I heard I have to download Benstar app "my mail" Can someone give me dat address, I am old and get frustrated easily with detailed instructions lol

No because 4.7" is still tiny. The software will still be boring and monotonous and oh yeah No Root.

I won't be ditching any phone for an iPhone.. I've tried them and simply prefer Android more .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

I couldn't imagine going to an iPhone again. I like my iPad but that's about it. I don't like the phone. There always the same plus I like OS better for android

Posted via Android Central App Using Samsung Galaxy S5
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast