Comparison : Galaxy Note 3 verses Galaxy Note 4

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Now that the Galaxy S Note 4 is official and we have specs its time to pick them apart and listen to your thoughts..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Other than the upgraded screen, I'm not really impressed. Not that I was expecting anything mind-blowing from the Note 4, though. If they had managed to make this waterproof, then I'd have taken a second look.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If they had managed to make this waterproof, then I'd have taken a second look.
Good point considering this phone has become the favorite of many in various trades and businesses. I think of simple things like coffee spills, water, outdoor usage.. Would of been nice to see it with water proofing/resistance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know. But with the upgrades they made this time, I find it a hard sell to upgrade my Note 3 just for the screen. If they come up with a great promo or something, then I might hehe because I do like the Note line, but yeah, it didn't blow my mind. I think they reached that 'iPhone' point where you start to only get incremental upgrades, not really anything new or groundbreaking.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Wait for note 8, for me.

I don't see meaningful upgrade anytime soon, as I expect big changes for my next phone, such as:

50 to 100% increase in battery life
Foldable screen
Contact free wireless charging

I consider anything else, e.g., 64bit cpu, higher resolution, metal casing, fingerprint scanner, gimmick that do not worth spending $800 on.

Posted via the Android Central App

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I know. But with the upgrades they made this time, I find it a hard sell to upgrade my Note 3 just for the screen. If they come up with a great promo or something, then I might hehe because I do like the Note line, but yeah, it didn't blow my mind. I think they reached that 'iPhone' point where you start to only get incremental upgrades, not really anything new or groundbreaking.

They have upgraded far more than just the screen. Not like this was a spec bump. This was a good upgrade.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. UPGRADE. Nothing really new or exciting. Not that it's not a bad phone, if I had the cash or a plan where I'd be just about to get a new phone, I'd definitely go for this one! But if my Note 3 is still top-notch and I can wait a few more months to upgrade, then yeah, it didn't catch my eye as much as the Note 2 VS Note 3 did.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wait for note 8, for me.

I don't see meaningful upgrade anytime soon, as I expect big changes for my next phone, such as:

50 to 100% increase in battery life
Foldable screen
Contact free wireless charging

I consider anything else, e.g., 64bit cpu, higher resolution, metal casing, fingerprint scanner, gimmick that do not worth spending $800 on.

Posted via the Android Central App
Well, there is room for innovation. Give me Note 4 with IP67 or more protection, and you can bet I'll be the first in line at the stores on day 1. I don't care about curved screens (I actually think the rate of people dropping the new curvy one and having to replace the screen is going to be quite high) but I could care about better battery tech or performance without increasing the size of the phone. I don't think I'll use the UV sensor but I could see myself using an X-Ray camera (I know, one can only dream hahaha). Stuff like that. Bring something new to the table, just like when the Note 3 brought an even larger screen with much better resolution than the Note 2 in a smaller, thinner, stylish package.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. UPGRADE. Nothing really new or exciting. Not that it's not a bad phone, if I had the cash or a plan where I'd be just about to get a new phone, I'd definitely go for this one! But if my Note 3 is still top-notch and I can wait a few more months to upgrade, then yeah, it didn't catch my eye as much as the Note 2 VS Note 3 did.

That's what it's supposed to be though. It's an upgrade to am existing line, not a brand new revolutionary phone. A lot of people seem to complain that there isn't much difference between two phones in a series such as the S4 and S5, but what do you want? Again, it's an upgrade, not a new phone line.

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not saying it's a bad phone. If I didn't own one that's perfectly working I would definitely get one! But you have to admit, the jump from Note to Note 2 was noticeable, the jump from Note 2 to Note 3 was noticeable... The jump from Note 3 and Note 4 is skin deep.