Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Comparison : Galaxy Note 3 verses Galaxy Note 4

Now that the Galaxy S Note 4 is official and we have specs its time to pick them apart and listen to your thoughts..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: Comparison : Galaxy Note 3 verses Galaxy Note 4

Other than the upgraded screen, I'm not really impressed. Not that I was expecting anything mind-blowing from the Note 4, though. If they had managed to make this waterproof, then I'd have taken a second look.
    Thanked by:
    Hectorius likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    If they had managed to make this waterproof, then I'd have taken a second look.
    Good point considering this phone has become the favorite of many in various trades and businesses. I think of simple things like coffee spills, water, outdoor usage.. Would of been nice to see it with water proofing/resistance.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

I know. But with the upgrades they made this time, I find it a hard sell to upgrade my Note 3 just for the screen. If they come up with a great promo or something, then I might hehe because I do like the Note line, but yeah, it didn't blow my mind. I think they reached that 'iPhone' point where you start to only get incremental upgrades, not really anything new or groundbreaking.

Wait for note 8, for me.

I don't see meaningful upgrade anytime soon, as I expect big changes for my next phone, such as:

50 to 100% increase in battery life
    Foldable screen
    Contact free wireless charging

I consider anything else, e.g., 64bit cpu, higher resolution, metal casing, fingerprint scanner, gimmick that do not worth spending $800 on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3/ZTE OPEN C
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510/GTS 8.4

I know. But with the upgrades they made this time, I find it a hard sell to upgrade my Note 3 just for the screen. If they come up with a great promo or something, then I might hehe because I do like the Note line, but yeah, it didn't blow my mind. I think they reached that 'iPhone' point where you start to only get incremental upgrades, not really anything new or groundbreaking.
    They have upgraded far more than just the screen. Not like this was a spec bump. This was a good upgrade.
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 4- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Gear S

Exactly. UPGRADE. Nothing really new or exciting. Not that it's not a bad phone, if I had the cash or a plan where I'd be just about to get a new phone, I'd definitely go for this one! But if my Note 3 is still top-notch and I can wait a few more months to upgrade, then yeah, it didn't catch my eye as much as the Note 2 VS Note 3 did.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Wait for note 8, for me.

I don't see meaningful upgrade anytime soon, as I expect big changes for my next phone, such as:

50 to 100% increase in battery life
    Foldable screen
    Contact free wireless charging

I consider anything else, e.g., 64bit cpu, higher resolution, metal casing, fingerprint scanner, gimmick that do not worth spending $800 on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Well, there is room for innovation. Give me Note 4 with IP67 or more protection, and you can bet I'll be the first in line at the stores on day 1. I don't care about curved screens (I actually think the rate of people dropping the new curvy one and having to replace the screen is going to be quite high) but I could care about better battery tech or performance without increasing the size of the phone. I don't think I'll use the UV sensor but I could see myself using an X-Ray camera (I know, one can only dream hahaha). Stuff like that. Bring something new to the table, just like when the Note 3 brought an even larger screen with much better resolution than the Note 2 in a smaller, thinner, stylish package.

Just to add, I would be tempted if they throw in Gear VR for free.
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3/ZTE OPEN C
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510/GTS 8.4

Exactly. UPGRADE. Nothing really new or exciting. Not that it's not a bad phone, if I had the cash or a plan where I'd be just about to get a new phone, I'd definitely go for this one! But if my Note 3 is still top-notch and I can wait a few more months to upgrade, then yeah, it didn't catch my eye as much as the Note 2 VS Note 3 did.
    That's what it's supposed to be though. It's an upgrade to am existing line, not a brand new revolutionary phone. A lot of people seem to complain that there isn't much difference between two phones in a series such as the S4 and S5, but what do you want? Again, it's an upgrade, not a new phone line.

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Well, I'm not saying it's a bad phone. If I didn't own one that's perfectly working I would definitely get one! But you have to admit, the jump from Note to Note 2 was noticeable, the jump from Note 2 to Note 3 was noticeable... The jump from Note 3 and Note 4 is skin deep.
    clevin likes this.