May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Root Modifications

Step one install xposed
Step two install gravity box
Step three install tweakbox
Step four cannibalize your phone and enjoy

Posted via Android Central App

This is what I did. You need to research and read to see how you'd like to proceed.

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Ok I installed exposed and tweaksbox and just to check I started simple by enabling all weather notifications on lockdown. Rebooted and viola. It works. As long as i Sick with the tweaks in the tweaks box I am ok right?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Ok I installed exposed and tweaksbox and just to check I started simple by enabling all weather notifications on lockdown. Rebooted and viola. It works. As long as i Sick with the tweaks in the tweaks box I am ok right?

Well when rooted there is always that chance but xposed is pretty solid

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Now that I've rooted and installed tweaksbox and xposed. I have terrible lag. What gives? I push the home button out any app for that matter and it hesitates.

Last edited:

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll throw in one that I absolutely love and that's using Xposed Additions. With it, I can make my buttons do what I want. For instance, if I long press the volume down button with the screen off, it starts a task inside of Tasker, which is set to open my garage door. I don't even have to take the phone out of my pocket. Another Xposed app I love is Snapshare.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
G3 or Note 4

This was bound to turn up at some point right?

So the Note 4 has been announced and my opinions on it are.....

Its a good improvement over the N3 as that's what we are looking at here. I like it..the design is better and has that Metal frame and 2D glass front. I am going to throw in seeing we are in the G3 forums. In my opinion its not even close to the design of the G3. Yes I know the Note 4 now has that Metal offering and that is great, however I just think that the G3 has the better offering if you like style over material choice.

The 2560x1440 Super Amoled Screen should be eye popping & if you like bright vivid colours its will no doubt trump the G3 here. However I'm more than happy with the G3's offering but being honest I am intrigued to see the Note 4's panel.

I could go on but you all no doubt have checked out the Note 4.

So has it got you thinking? Sell your G3 to get the Note 4.

I like what Samsung have done, I am thinking if I'm being honest of selling the Z2 ahhh spilt second there lol nah I just like more on the Z2 than that of the Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: G3 or Note 4

This was bound to turn up at some point right?

So the Note 4 has been announced and my opinions on it are.....

Its a good improvement over the N3 as that's what we are looking at here. I like it..the design is better and has that Metal frame and 2D glass front. I am going to throw in seeing we are in the G3 forums. In my opinion its not even close to the design of the G3. Yes I know the Note 4 now has that Metal offering and that is great, however I just think that the G3 has the better offering if you like style over material choice.

The 2560x1440 Super Amoled Screen should be eye popping & if you like bright vivid colours its will no doubt trump the G3 here. However I'm more than happy with the G3's offering but being honest I am intrigued to see the Note 4's panel.

I could go on but you all no doubt have checked out the Note 4.

So has it got you thinking? Sell your G3 to get the Note 4.

I like what Samsung have done, I am thinking if I'm being honest of selling the Z2 ahhh spilt second there lol nah I just like more on the Z2 than that of the Note 4.

Nope, not interested.
You assume they are equal. The Note 4 is bigger; too big for my taste.
It's Samsung; KNOX bootloader and all. No thank you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I was waiting for the Note 4 to see what I wanted ... Personally I will go with the Note 4 over the G3. The camera is supposed to be fixed (finally Samsung) and the display will be just as good looking .. but brighter. So it is a win for me (the Note 4) :).

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Nope, not interested.
You assume they are equal. The Note 4 is bigger; too big for my taste.
It's Samsung; KNOX bootloader and all. No thank you.

Not having a go just mentioning at what point did I assume they are equal in my post?

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I will be sticking with my G3, perfectly happy with it.

Main reasons are:
No Touchwhiz
I prefer on screen buttons
And
Even though I didnt like them early on, I now like having power and volume buttons on the back of the phone. No more accidental presses that I usually get from having buttons on the sides.

However, if I didnt already have the G3, I would strongly consider the Note 4.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I will be sticking with my G3, perfectly happy with it.

Main reasons are:
No Touchwhiz
I prefer on screen buttons
And
Even though I didnt like them early on, I now like having power and volume buttons on the back of the phone. No more accidental presses that I usually get from having buttons on the sides.

However, if I didnt already have the G3, I would strongly consider the Note 4.

I'm sticking with my G3 as well.

Sent from my Verizon LG G3

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm perfectly happy with my g3 .. But I also would be perfectly happy with a Note 4. The question is do I feel like going through the hassle of selling my g3, switching back to my note 2 and then buying the note 4 ... And I'm reasonably sure the answer is no I do not.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

No other phone would make me want to sell my G3, or my other two phones. But money permitting I'd be happy to add another to the family and the Note 4 certainly looks good, but probably too expensive for me.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

I thought for sure with my sick obsession with phones that once I saw the Note 4 I would want it but sadly I do not. Nothing about it really grabs my attention. The G3 is a solid keeper it looks like for a little while. It is a very solid device.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I also came from the Note series...and was going to get the Note 3, but at the last minute opted for the g3 and then possibly trading up to the Note 4 if it was worth it. After a week with the g3, there is no way I am going with the Note 4.
I love the fact that this is the same screen size as the Note 2 and yet the footprint is smaller. All screen... No physical button. Also the power/volume rocker on the back are a revelation. I didn't know how I would feel about that but now I can't live without it. I hate that about the Note. Because of the size of the phone I would always be pressing those buttons when taking the phone out of my pocket.

Brightness is perfect for me, and the color is more natural to me. Samsung always over saturates. Camera is fantastic. I love a camera that takes good pictures without too many settings. That is what a phone camera is for. Good pic, little fuss.

The only thing that will make me trade up my g3 is the g4. 😀 I think I am leaving Samsung behind for good. For me the g3 has the winning formula.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I also came from the Note series...and was going to get the Note 3, but at the last minute opted for the g3 and then possibly trading up to the Note 4 if it was worth it. After a week with the g3, there is no way I am going with the Note 4.
I love the fact that this is the same screen size as the Note 2 and yet the footprint is smaller. All screen... No physical button. Also the power/volume rocker on the back are a revelation. I didn't know how I would feel about that but now I can't live without it. I hate that about the Note. Because of the size of the phone I would always be pressing those buttons when taking the phone out of my pocket.

Brightness is perfect for me, and the color is more natural to me. Samsung always over saturates. Camera is fantastic. I love a camera that takes good pictures without too many settings. That is what a phone camera is for. Good pic, little fuss.

The only thing that will make me trade up my g3 is the g4. 😀 I think I am leaving Samsung behind for good. For me the g3 has the winning formula.

I agree with the majority and like you I have grown used to and really enjoy onscreen navigation keys.

The G3 has everything wrapped up in a very tidy package.

That said the Note 4 is a nice improvement and all the features for me are spot on. But I see no value in a heart rate monitor or UV the latter being useless I live in Scotland the sun is defiantly not omitting enough UV rays to be concerned about lol.

I was tempted to sell my Z2 but that was a split second moment.

But I won't put down the Note 4 its looking good from the hands on reviews :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yes, Theme Tweaks/Navigation Bar/scroll down to Action on Home Double tap.....

THAT'S SETTING IS EVIL!!!!!! :)

It will add a delay to the home button..... So if you use it, don't complain that the phone 'lags' when you hit home. ;)

But I don't have the time or space to add the root mods.... basically a fair amount of Xposed modules.

By the way, I found that dropping the dpi density system-wide can have an adverse affect on screen renders... adds jitter sometimes. I use Xposed's App Settings to set the dpi scaling on a per-app basis, rather than system wide. You can fuss with the grid and icon sizes with Xposed stuff.

And in the end, I can do cool stuff like this:

ss1.jpg

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

The note is not for me . I feel alot of the features that make it a Note special would be lost on my ,I'm not big on stylus. The Note edge looks neat but I'm sticking with the G3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34