Would would the 5.5 iPhone need for you to leave the note line?

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
A proper filing system. An S-pen, a removable battery, micro SD card expansion, ability to set default apps.

The same sharing abilities as found on Android devices. Multi window, an amoled display which is at least 1080p but preferably 2K. On screen Widgets, gestures like palm swipe to capture screen shots, placing the phone face down to silence a call.

Smart features in the dialing app like the ability to raise the phone to my ear and for it to dial automatically. Ability to change fonts, ability to wear any gloves and still use my phone.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Posted from my S5

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I like all that stuff too, I could give up the microsd expansion if they come up with a 128GB model. Having said that, even if it had most of the things you mention, I wouldn't switch back after two years of Galaxy notes until they came out with something like Calibre Companion and a book reader as good as Moon+Reader. For me, those are the killer apps for Android.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Widgets (home screen not in a notification panel), bigger battery than the Note, an app drawer so every app on the phone doesn't have to be on my home screen.

Just to name a few :).

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
SD slot

Drag and drop

No iTunes gate

Allow emulators on iTunes

Better app management

None of the above is happening.

I like my iPad Air 128GB a lot, but would not like my phone constrained like that.

Also have a Note 2014, but prefer the iPad due to better battery life and MAME is a LOT smoother on the Air.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Really you would ask that question no iphone can touch the most powerful phone in the planet the note 3 for me personally that would be such a downgrade to go to the iPhone 6 I be seen the specs and the pictures not impressed at the least

Posted via Android Central App

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
A proper filing system. An S-pen, a removable battery, micro SD card expansion, ability to set default apps.

The same sharing abilities as found on Android devices. Multi window, an amoled display which is at least 1080p but preferably 2K. On screen Widgets, gestures like palm swipe to capture screen shots, placing the phone face down to silence a call.

Smart features in the dialing app like the ability to raise the phone to my ear and for it to dial automatically. Ability to change fonts, ability to wear any gloves and still use my phone.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Posted from my S5

Ha! So you pretty much want a Note 4. Good one, shanghaichica!

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I like my iPad Air 128GB a lot, but would not like my phone constrained like that.

I've seen others voice a similar sentiment. Am I the only one that can't stand iOS on a tablet, but don't mind it as much on a phone?

To answer the OP's question, nothing that an iPhone is going to offer tomorrow would make me leave the Note series, but I plan to get a 5.5" iPhone in addition to my other phones when it becomes available.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Reports are we will see the larger iPhone tomorrow. What must it have for you to leave Android /Note line?

If it had Android OS. Seriously. I have an iPad mini and I love it because of the small size and use it to "bridge the gap" for the iOS users I know but I absolutely would NOT want to look at this on my phone all day. As another post said they are very closed. I don't want to have to keep converting every song just to put it on my phone. Note 4/Android FTW.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful amoled screen that will never have screen uneven problem
Replaceable battery
Micro SD
Much open system where i can use 3rd party apps

I am done with apple restricted ecosystem since 2008.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that there will be many Note users leaving to get iPhones in the first place. It may be slightly insulting to the Note line to assume that it's main differentiator is the screen size because basically that's what it seems that Apple is going to unveil today, that the iPhone is going to become big and then bigger. So to say that Note users are just waiting for a big iPhone is somewhat unfair. The Note line offers a completely different experience and it isn't all predicated on the screen size. The pen, software, ecosystem (Samsung and Google), extras like removable battery and expandable storage make it a very different device. I think that for us iPhone users, the new iPhone announced today will be a welcomed improvement. But for the most part, the experience will be much of the same and I would assume that's basically what we want. Just like the Note 4 I would imagine is what Note users would want.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If they priced the 128gb model at say $100 over the note 4 then I would consider it.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I posted a similar thread on iMore, they aren't used to have discussions about multiple devices. I was instantly labeled as a troll and not one person was able to tell me why they would choose the 5.5 iPhone 6 over the Note 4.

I've been a big fan of the note series, the multi-tasking on the note 4 really piques my interest. Not to mention quad HD super Amoled, "evolved widgets" , removable battery, SD card slot, IR blaster, etc...

However there is something about iPhones, the build and fluid operation is almost unmatched. iOS8 looks promising and a 5.5" iPhone is very enticing

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I posted a similar thread on iMore, they aren't used to have discussions about multiple devices. I was instantly labeled as a troll and not one person was able to tell me why they would choose the 5.5 iPhone 6 over the Note 4.

I've been a big fan of the note series, the multi-tasking on the note 4 really piques my interest. Not to mention quad HD super Amoled, "evolved widgets" , removable battery, SD card slot, IR blaster, etc...

However there is something about iPhones, the build and fluid operation is almost unmatched. iOS8 looks promising and a 5.5" iPhone is very enticing

Flagship android devices are just as fast and smooth as ios devices now. I had an iPhone 5S earlier on this year and still own an ipad air. My galaxy S5 is just as fast and fluid add both of those devices.

Posted from my S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith