Mar 21, 2010
www.BandM-Services.com
uqa9ydu8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't too impressed with the phone, but based solely on the presentation the iWatch it looks like the best implementation of a smartwatch to date. Looks like Apple put a lot of time and thought into it. Will have to see the hands-on demos before making a final judgment.

Except on the design :p

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I love using ISIS (now SoftCard) on my Note 3 and S5...can't imagine Apple's implementation will truly be less secure and less widely accepted.

This may be a stupid question......but alas...... Our phones (most newish Androids) all have NFC already along with the app formally known as a Terrorist organization (ISIS now SoftCard), so, when say McDonalds get the "touch to pay" devices, will our devices be accepted too? I know NFC is NFC but just not sure from all the hyperbole today if the merchants will only be set to take payments from Apple?

Thanks and again, pardon my confusion.

FastKatt

Mar 21, 2010
www.BandM-Services.com
This may be a stupid question......but alas...... Our phones (most newish Androids) all have NFC already along with the app formally known as a Terrorist organization (ISIS now SoftCard), so, when say McDonalds get the "touch to pay" devices, will our devices be accepted too? I know NFC is NFC but just not sure from all the hyperbole today if the merchants will only be set to take payments from Apple?

McD's has excepted Google Wallet for a couple years now...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It's not about the specs. I would prefer stock Android over iOS, but the iPhone 6 wrecks the Nexus 4 in basically everything. Better camera, better battery life, and better CPU+GPU.

I agree
The software is optimized with the new processor on the iPhone 6 - that's why they can get away with not increasing the clock speed or RAM so much. For example - if higher numbers were the only qualifying factor, a 20 megapixel point n shoot camera would produce better quality pictures than my 16 megapixel SLR, but it doesn't. why, my SLR sensor is huge compared to a PnS and the iPhone 6 has a bigger sensor .

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
ya def cause corporations feel that iphone users have more disposable income than android users since most business men and women have one so that opened tha doors for their nfc payment system i still want to kno what makes it so different that google wallet wont work since its jus a nfc payment

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Actually on NFC a lot of you are missing the big point about ApplePay version.

It isn't carrier controlled, which has been the biggest hold back with NFC Payments. ATT, Verizon, and TMobile were making it difficult for this sort of system to move forward.

Reading articles from the financial sector, they consider this the most important move to accelerate mobile payment systems. The carriers were too greedy in this and really held things back.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Hyperbole indeed! Yes your device will be accepted. Apple Pay is just the app/service that handles the NFC payment, just like Google Wallet is the app/service that handles NFC payments on Android.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Actually on NFC a lot of you are missing the big point about ApplePay version.

It isn't carrier controlled, which has been the biggest hold back with NFC Payments. ATT, Verizon, and TMobile were making it difficult for this sort of system to move forward.

Reading articles from the financial sector, they consider this the most important move to accelerate mobile payment systems. The carriers were too greedy in this and really held things back.

After the kitkat update. Google wallet works on the AT&T gs3

Posted via the Android Central App

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
After the kitkat update. Google wallet works on the AT&T gs3

Posted via the Android Central App

How many years did it take to get to that point and how much of a cut is ATT getting.
How much of an impact will that 1-2 percent ATT gets will start impacting the cost of our goods and services.
Also what if you don't want to use a Mastercard?

This is all part of the crippling effect caused by the carriers wanting their share.

When the carriers want to get a cut, how much of that cost gets passed to the consumer?
The system should just work as it already has with mobile payments being a reason to get a smartphone and data.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, is Apple Pay bringing anything new to the NFC mobile payment table? I am happy they are finally utilizing NFC because it should help the industry move forward now that such a big player is adopting the technology. I have just seen it referenced a few times that they are doing something more than what Google wallet has been doing (or at least it sounds that way based on some comments here and there)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused, is Apple Pay bringing anything new to the NFC mobile payment table? I am happy they are finally utilizing NFC because it should help the industry move forward now that such a big player is adopting the technology. I have just seen it referenced a few times that they are doing something more than what Google wallet has been doing (or at least it sounds that way based on some comments here and there)

A lot more partners supporting it, and like someone mentioned above, it is not limited by carriers like SoftCard, Google Wallet, etc. was

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the US but up here NFC is a ghost.

"Do it right or don't it at all." This is why Apple took this long to bring NFC and I've posted this several times. After watching the Keynote yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple makes NFC (Apple Pay) the new STANDARD!

Android has always been about "NUMBERS," Apple's iPhone Camera is a great example of this, it doesn't have to be the highest MP count and it's considered one of the best out there.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well didn't work at McDonald's. NFC is on Google Wallet installed. The cashier people use it all the time here so not sure what happened. The speed pay terminal never even recognized my device. Could the case be hindering it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk