Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. iPhone 6 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which would you recommend?

Out of the two choices, it depends on which are you more comfortable with in your day to day life. Me personally, I would never get either of them. They are both phablets and either one would be in pieces if I owned them.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Yea I was just showing you how things changed. I don't mind having to pull down to check the weather or to open an app, takes me a second and I don't really check the weather that much, maybe once every few hours.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
The updated weather in the notification center is nice for sure.

Out of the two choices, it depends on which are you more comfortable with in your day to day life. Me personally, I would never get either of them. They are both phablets and either one would be in pieces if I owned them.
Same. Even the S5 seems a bit big for me at times, I've had it just over a week though so I'm still getting used to its size. My case adds a bit of bulk to it but not too much. I played with the Note 4 at Best Buy and it's a beautiful phone, but just too damn big for my day to day life

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

Is it possible to bend an iPhone 6? Of course.
I agree. Just ask Twitter. Here are a few I saw just now:

iPhone 6's do bend easily. I've had mine for 10 days and it's already bent
@dbeers39

The fact that I bent my iPhone
@marybaggott

My ****ing iPhone 6 that I just got bent. Don't buy these ****
@Spaze_MH

The **** my iPhone is bent ...
@DequentinL

already bent my iphone.....
@kenny_F_C

do you know if apple would replace my iPhone 6 since it bent in my pocket?
@hjkhockey

Just bent my iPhone 6 hahaha
@UKnowFLOW

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=iphone bent -fix -uptake -report&src=typd

They are probably all lying fandroids who are just making it up. So are the ones on this site:
One of the Nine Are you One of the Nine?

This is a major company, if there was a major issue I'm sure there would be a recall by now.
Yeah, like they did with Antennaegate.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which would you recommend?

I agree. Just ask Twitter. Here are a few I saw just now:

They are probably all lying fandroids who are just making it up. So are the ones on this site:
One of the Nine Are you One of the Nine?

Yeah, like they did with Antennaegate.
http://youtu.be/SDIu-GcX5aM

http://youtu.be/bKqn8_gwW3c

I'm sure everyone knows aluminum can bend by now, bumping this thread isn't going to change that.

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

http://youtu.be/SDIu-GcX5aM

http://youtu.be/bKqn8_gwW3c

I'm sure everyone knows aluminum can bend by now, bumping this thread isn't going to change that.

Obviously it will bend if you want to bend it. But when you have quite a few people claiming it bent from nothing more than being in a pocket, that's a problem. These are supposed to be "mobile devices". If you can't put a phone in a pocket without the darn thing bending, well that's just ludicrous. As a guy who doesn't carry a man purse or wear fanny packs or have 7 inch phone holsters hanging off my belt, I'll pass on that so called mobile device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Obviously it will bend if you want to bend it. But when you have quite a few people claiming it bent from nothing more than being in a pocket, that's a problem. These are supposed to be "mobile devices". If you can't put a phone in a pocket without the darn thing bending, well that's just ludicrous. As a guy who doesn't carry a man purse or wear fanny packs or have 7 inch phone holsters hanging off my belt, I'll pass on that so called mobile device.

Well that's great for you, can this thread end now,lol, I'm not quite sure why it was bumped, this is old news, the consumer report agency or whatever looked into it, there was no recall, we haven't heard anything about it for a while, can we move on? Lol. I'm sure we're all tired of making the same points.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

Well that's great for you, can this thread end now,lol, I'm not quite sure why it was bumped, this is old news, the consumer report agency or whatever looked into it, there was no recall, we haven't heard anything about it for a while, can we move on? Lol. I'm sure we're all tired of making the same points.

Yeah, all those reports on twitter are probably just liars. It's the only possible explanation.

My iphone is bent wtf
@ElKushMasCabron

Uh so my iPhone 6 is definitely bent...
@calebcooldude22

Thanks @LifeProof for not having your case ready for the iPhone 6!!!! Now I have a bent iPhone! Thanks!!
@NiickAndrews

That awkward moment you realize your iphone is bent.........
@Brad_warn

MY IPHONE IS BENT
@georgia_Pricee

I now have a bent iPhone 6
@I3oudro

My iPhone is bent...
@SaschaArnaud_

@sammdenena
So my iPhone 6 bent sitting on it. Cool

My iPhone 6 is slightly bent.
@FraserMooney

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=iphone bent -fix -uptake -report&src=typd

Those are from today. This is not even all of them...these are the just first ones I came across in a casual search. I am sure there will be more tomorrow.

But there was no recall, so it must be ok. Recalls are the only way to determine that there is ever a problem with a product.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, all those reports on twitter are probably just liars. It's the only possible explanation.

Those are from today. This is not even all of them...these are the just first ones I came across in a casual search. I am sure there will be more tomorrow.

But there was no recall, so it must be ok. Recalls are the only way to determine that there is ever a problem with a product.

As I said, this is a tired topic, it's October, time to move on, please stop quoting me because you're bored and want to keep bringing this dead subject up, it's a waste of time. If you think theres a bending problem then that's nice, I don't care, this has been discussed more than enough already and there's no factual proof that this is a major issue, it's time to move on buddy.

Thanks

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

As I said, this is a tired topic, it's October, time to move on
You don't have to reply if you don't want to. But you are not dictator-of-topics on this forum. What you said was, IMO, wrong. So I'm going to comment on it, and demonstrate why it's wrong. Sorry.

You are claiming it is not a problem when lots of people (Apple people) are clearly having problems.

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site

If you believe Twitter and YouTube over Consumer Reports, then do not buy the phone. Go buy something else. Android users love to tell us about the choices in handsets they have, so exercise said choice and get an Android phablet.

Now that everyone and their mother knows about it, then just do not buy a 6+.

Let us see at the end of the quarter if the 6+ is selling or not. Let us see if it sells more or less than the Note 4 that is much harder to bend.

Sent from my iPhone 5

iman89

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I am using an iPhone 5 at the moment. Really love the camera on it, and of course the app store. I have been an iPhone user since the first generation came out. My question to you is which one would you choose? The Note 4 or the iPhone 6 Plus?

I am about ready to change to the Note 4 mainly because of the multi tasking it has and the customization. I've also heard it has better specs than the iPhone 6 Plus.

Which one is for you and why? :)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I am using an iPhone 5 at the moment. Really love the camera on it, and of course the app store. I have been an iPhone user since the first generation came out. My question to you is which one would you choose? The Note 4 or the iPhone 6 Plus?

I am about ready to change to the Note 4 mainly because of the multi tasking it has and the customization. I've also heard it has better specs than the iPhone 6 Plus.

Which one is for you and why? :)

Actually the A8 is as good as the S805.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

You know this how?

btw, "spec" can mean many things,

such as 3G RAM,
such as smaller front size with bigger screen,
such as AMOLED screen deems "the best in the market",
such as replaceable battery, expandable storage,
such as strong body that won't bend as easily,
such as .......

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
You do know there are more specs than just the CPU, right? And the A8 does not beat the 805 on all tests. The Note 4 has the best display on the market right now.

He was talking about customization...obviously Android is the better choice. Still no desktop widgets. No split screen. No native stylus support. Crippled NFC on the iPhones. No wireless charging. No expandable memory. No removable battery. No split screen. No 3rd party app integration (big for customization). No remote app install. If you buy Apple, you better get used to hearing "no" a lot when it comes to features.

Oh yeah, and the Note 4 doesn't bend or catch on fire. Thats a plus I guess. Not bending or catching on fire are definitely things I look for in a smartphone.

Anyone concerned about CPU speed only has to wait for the Nexus 6, whose K1 Denver cores will annihilate the A8.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Lmao, you guys sound so angry, all he said was that the processor was just as good, sweet lord.

Some of you guys need anger management, sheesh, some people defend a phone or a OS like it's their child or something.

Take a deep breath and relax,sheesh

The way some people act on here,lmao. Android central is quickly becoming a dark and scary place.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You do know there are more specs than just the CPU, right? And the A8 does not beat the 805 on all tests. The Note 4 has the best display on the market right now.

He was talking about customization...obviously Android is the better choice. Still no desktop widgets. No split screen. No native stylus support. Crippled NFC on the iPhones. No wireless charging. No expandable memory. No removable battery. No split screen. No 3rd party app integration (big for customization). No remote app install. If you buy Apple, you better get used to hearing "no" a lot when it comes to features.

Oh yeah, and the Note 4 doesn't bend or catch on fire. Thats a plus I guess. Not bending or catching on fire are definitely things I look for in a smartphone.

Anyone concerned about CPU speed only has to wait for the Nexus 6, whose K1 Denver cores will annihilate the A8.

First off. The K1 is a tablet only processor. Second the Nexus 6 uses a s805 and thirdly the A8X is pretty much the same as the K1 and no, the K1 doesn't come close to destroying the A8X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz