Why do people act like the iPhone 6 Plus is the first big phone ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know that the Android vs. iOS thing is pretty much beating a dead horse, but I just REALLY hate Apple. I hate how it's the most popular and sought-after phone ever. I hate how so many people treat Apple like a god. I hate how every new iPhone or iPad release is actually treated as newsworthy. Major and local news sources go rampant over Apple products but never Android products. And, although I do in fact own a Galaxy S3, I hate how the Samsung Galaxy is pretty much the only Android phone that the majority of people even know about, and even then Samsung doesn't even get half the attention of Apple.

And, more importantly, I hate how the iPhone 6 Plus is suddenly the FIRST big smartphone EVER made. It only has a 5.5 inch screen, and it's only "oh meh guuudz soooo biiiig" because it has huge bezels. I actually overheard someone at my university say, "Whoa, is that the iPhone 6 plus? That thing is huge!", and from the way he said it, he most likely never saw a big phone before. Also, famous YouTubers are making tons of videos just to talk about how big the iPhone 6 Plus is.

Oh and on a side note, you can now use Tap and Pay on the iPhone with NFC. So now the iPhone is the first phone in existence to ever use Tap and Pay technology, since nobody seemed to give a crap when that feature came to Android like 2 years ago.

Android manufacturers are four times more inventive and intuitive than Apple. Apple is waaaaay behind the times while Android keeps innovating. But who gives a crap about innovation if it's not Apple, right? In fact, Android doesn't exist! Apple invented every phone feature ever and Android is just a ripoff for poor people and neeeerdsss!

Okay, rant over. Sorry, I'm just so tired of hearing about Apple.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
IMO it's because it is the first big iPhone ever made. It might be hard to believe but there are a lot of people who only care about the iPhone. To them that is the only phone they will ever consider buying. To these people...this is the first big phone they would ever consider using because it's the first big iPhone.

I personally have railed against big phones for a long time. I have a Moto X and it's OK, more than OK really it's great. But after owning an iPhone 6 I now realize what I really wanted more than anything was a big iPhone, not just ANY big phone that was for sale. I prefer iOS over Android, having a big screen alone was not enough for me to completely abandon iOS. There are many like me out there.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the majority of phone users are not as into tech as we might be. I used to be an apple fan. The original iPhone wowed me because I didn't have to carry a phone and an iPod. Email on it was ok but "proper" internet really sold it to me. I have a few variations of the iPhone after that but the 5 was when I bailed and bought a nexus 4. I was pleasantly surprised to find the phone did all my iPhone did and more. All (bar one) of my iPhone owning friends now have an android cos I "paved the way"

Basically the iPod then iPhone then ipad were big news items when they came out and gained mass appeal for markets that already existed. People then stick with what they know. I was worried that I had all my music in iTunes until research taught me that google music could read from iTunes. Probably most consumers wouldn't go to the bother of finding out. It's easier just to stick with what you know.

And as long as a lot of people want to hear about apple stuff. The news will report on them.

I still like my ipad and mac mini !!!!

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
The 6+ is indeed, well, huge. A friend posted a mirror selfie On Instagram yesterday and it looks gigantic. I do actually like it, but for the screen size it is too big. My S5 isn't much smaller as far as the display goes but it's considerably smaller overall for sure. If Apple had hit the nail on the head with a their first phablet device, I might have actually considered it. I think Apple just wanted to push themselves into the over 5" phone market and rushed it too much with the 6+, they should've done more with it and had a separate release. But I guess that's not the way they market their tech. Android definitely has a much better overall larger screen phone experience which is one reason I switched. In 2012 I wasn't ready for the switch and stuck to my iPhone 5 but it was finally time.

I was well aware of other Android Flagship models from different manufacturers, but the GS5 was what I was truly interested in more than anything. iPhone 6 just lost it's luster for me, along with iOS 8. Apple could've done much better all around this year IMO

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Why do people act like that?

Nothing else matters in their apple world.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why people on either side allow themselves to get so worked up.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
They are just electronic devices. Why make these objects extensions of your ego. Who cares what others think or what the media is talking about. I like both Android and Apple. I also have an Xbox One and PS4. I swear no allegiance to one manufacturer.

Brandon Lee Roy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
IMO it's because it is the first big iPhone ever made. It might be hard to believe but there are a lot of people who only care about the iPhone. To them that is the only phone they will ever consider buying. To these people...this is the first big phone they would ever consider using because it's the first big iPhone.

I personally have railed against big phones for a long time. I have a Moto X and it's OK, more than OK really it's great. But after owning an iPhone 6 I now realize what I really wanted more than anything was a big iPhone, not just ANY big phone that was for sale. I prefer iOS over Android, having a big screen alone was not enough for me to completely abandon iOS. There are many like me out there.
Wanna know how to categorize these people? Call the iSheeps lol

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Do you even know why Android users can be sheeps too?

Android users can not be considered isheeps, it's impossible.

Android users choose which way to go , isheeps just follow the flocks direction, they have no choice .

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say isheep. I said Android sheep. Both are derivative of sheeple. People with a herd behavior like sheep. Both Android and Apple have them.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Android users can not be considered isheeps, it's impossible.

Android users choose which way to go , isheeps just follow the flocks direction, they have no choice .

isheeps have no choice? So you're saying they are iSheeps until they "choose" to purchase Android or Windows devices? I know many Android users who have never owned a device with another platform but they badmouth other platforms like they've used them before. They claim they heard other platforms suck which is why they never tried them. Unable to make decisions on their own from experience and letting other people's opinions choose for them. A lot of them are scared to use other platforms because they don't want to relearn a new platform. The term sheep isn't reserved just for iPhone owners.

Brandon Lee Roy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Explain ur reason for android sheeps? To be honest I've owned an iPhone 4 for 2 years and I see how it works.
Apple is the best at marketing because they have a lot of advertisements which will munipulate u to buy it even more..... there's many more reasons, if u want let me know l I'll inform u. Lol

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
isheeps have no choice? So you're saying they are iSheeps until they "choose" to purchase Android or Windows devices? I know many Android users who have never owned a device with another platform but they badmouth other platforms like they've used them before. They claim they heard other platforms suck which is why they never tried them. Unable to make decisions on their own from experience and letting other people's opinions choose for them. A lot of them are scared to use other platforms because they don't want to relearn a new platform. The term sheep isn't reserved just for iPhone owners.
No until they decide to no longer be led by their collective noses. Isheeps feel that there are no other good choices available to them. Those who know there are but still elect to stay in the flock aren't being led by the nose and they made their choice not because of the hype.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
No until they decide to no longer be led by their collective noses. Isheeps feel that there are no other good choices available to them. Those who know there are but still elect to stay in the flock aren't being led by the nose and they made their choice not because of the hype.

I know what isheeps are. No need for further explanation. My point is Android has their sheeps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante