G2 vs Z3v or....another?

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I right now have G2(Verizon), which I have been using for about a year now. I really like the phone, but there a few things that has me looking at new phone. I want to know how the Z3v compares to the G2? I know the Z3v will offer microsd slot(part of the reason why I am looking), and is splash proof, but how does everything else compare? Like the GPS on my G2 is kind of shi^^y(know issue) and I am on my 3rd G2(first two also had gps issues, but also suffered from battery, and/or loose headphone jack), but is Sony better in these regard? What about in terms of reception, call quality, and display quality?

I am also thinking about the Note 4, but so far there is no root on the standard VZW variant, only the developer edition has it. However, while I am a huge fan on the specs, and really like the idea of the pen, but not keen on Touchwiz and knox. Plus, it would have been nice if it was waterproof like the Z3 and S5. I've also though about Turbo, which has the specs, but 64gb may not be enough, and I already had the Droid 2, which was solid, but I prefer Sony products to Moto atm. Thank you.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for he Z3V but I upgraded to the Turbo from the G2 about a week ago. Honestly, I'm not impressed with the Turbo. The G2 camera smokes the Turbo's. As for the battery, the G2 drains much slower than the Turbo and overall, the extra 900mah on the Turbo makes little if any difference. Battery aside, I would rather have saved the $150 and went with a new X.

I plan on checking the Z3V myself in the next few day's and see if I like it better than the Turbo. Not a fan of Touchwhiz and have always had issues with Samsung radio's so my choices are pretty limited on Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had both the G2 ( and almost every phone in between!) and the turbo....
then traded the turbo for the Z3v, no regrets
better camera, tons of options, better pics...IMO
wireless charging
water resistant
seems more customization available....Sony stuff...
(walkman player is kool)
screen brightness!
battery so far about the same....i can get home with %30 - -

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
So, battery will be about the same on the Z3v and G2? I only get like 3-4 hour sot and drain is sometimes faster than expected/others get. How is the handling vs the G2?

I think the only two downside of the Z3v for me would be no root right now, and lack of active digitizer. If only the Note 4 was a bit more compact with the same display, and waterproofed.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So, battery will be about the same on the Z3v and G2? I only get like 3-4 hour sot and drain is sometimes faster than expected/others get.

I've never tested the G2 but I've had the Zv3 for two weeks and I'm averaging about 9 hours actual on screen time. Amazing battery.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Generally speaking, LCD is less punchy more accurate. AMOLED is more punchy less accurate. Depends what you prefer. You would need to see the screens side by side to determine what you like more. I always thought I liked AMOLED more until I got the Z3v.

Bezruk

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG G2 and I do like about him, only the camera at night does not work well. Z3 good device, but costs almost 2 times more expensive. Still, I'd rather prefer G2. From the latest smartphones Sony great smartphone - Z3 compact. This same as Z3, but the screen is smaller and it is pleasant to me.