Nexus 5 or Nexus 6?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So right now I'm under contract for a htc one m8. It's a good phone, but honestly the more and more I see of lollipop, the more I want it. When the m8 gets it, it won't have the same look as a stock phone would.

So now I'm in the tough spot of choosing between the nexus 5 or Nexus 6.

It may seem obvious that the 6 is the better choice, but remember it's also 650 dollars compared the the nexus 5's 400 dollars. Also, I'm unsure I'll be happy with the nexus 6 size (I think the m8 is even a bit too tall)

However, I still don't know if I'll be happy with the nexus 5's battery. I've tried the phone a few times before and it made me want to send it back. Would android L improve that a lot?

What say you guys? I'm still paying off the m8, but really want stock lollipop and I don't want to root the m8 to get it

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
So right now I'm under contract for a htc one m8. It's a good phone, but honestly the more and more I see of lollipop, the more I want it. When the m8 gets it, it won't have the same look as a stock phone would.

So now I'm in the tough spot of choosing between the nexus 5 or Nexus 6.

It may seem obvious that the 6 is the better choice, but remember it's also 650 dollars compared the the nexus 5's 400 dollars. Also, I'm unsure I'll be happy with the nexus 6 size (I think the m8 is even a bit too tall)

However, I still don't know if I'll be happy with the nexus 5's battery. I've tried the phone a few times before and it made me want to send it back. Would android L improve that a lot?

What say you guys? I'm still paying off the m8, but really want stock lollipop and I don't want to root the m8 to get it

Nexus 6 all day long,

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Lollipop would help battery a little, but I wouldn't solely bank on it. Besides price, you also have to consider the Nexus 6 size.

I'd say Nexus 6 but if price is your concern, you couldn't go wrong with the Nexus 5.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, given your criteria I'd say try the Moto X. It's priced between the N5 and N6, not as huge as the N6, has a significantly better battery than the N5, and has a very close-to-vanilla software look.

Before that though, I'd see what Lollipop actually looks like on the M8; you might like it, and then you could save yourself the trouble of switching.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, given your criteria I'd say try the Moto X. It's priced between the N5 and N6, not as huge as the N6, has a significantly better battery than the N5, and has a very close-to-vanilla software look.

Before that though, I'd see what Lollipop actually looks like on the M8; you might like it, and then you could save yourself the trouble of switching.

My issue is I'm probaly not going to get it on my m8 for a while. That's mainly why I'm kicking myself for not getting a nexus or developer phone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the 6 but... you said the M8 is too tall. If the M8 is too tall then the Nexus 6 is WAY TOO HUMONGOUS. So based on that, the 5. Otherwise, the 6.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
And if battery life was a concern before, it'll be a concern now too. Especially coming from the M8, which has great battery life.

You could always root and convert to GPe, but that comes with it's own set of compromises (in the camera department).

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Well it's something I can probably adjust too. Don't have much choice since phones are going bigger, not smaller.

no, both apple and samsung offers two lines, big ones and small ones.

if you think about it, google also offers big one and small ones, 5 and 6.

6's battery life is just a tab better, 3.5 vs 4 hr screen on time. So battery life shouldn't be your standard (none offers removable battery anyway).

Instead, focus on the size (5 vs 6), speed (fast vs slow), and display (LCD vs AMOLED), these are the major differences.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae