Which is better S6 or iPhone 6?

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the S6 has better specs than the iPhone 6 and is a "better" phone than the iPhone 6. I would give he edge to the iPhone 6+ though (I prefer the larger display area). I think that the S6 has a better display, camera and maybe sound than the 6.

I think what would be the deciding factor is which OS you are invested in more.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the S6 has better specs than the iPhone 6 and is a "better" phone than the iPhone 6. I would give he edge to the iPhone 6+ though (I prefer the larger display area). I think that the S6 has a better display, camera and maybe sound than the 6.

I think what would be the deciding factor is which OS you are invested in more.

That comparison is not that easy. Personal research and testing as well as keeping an open mind careful NOT to be married to one ecosystem . I would hazard to say that we will see a situation where more switch to or stay with Android than the movement toward Apple.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know Apple had huge numbers last quarter 74 million sold. I think they finally gave the public the size phone they wanted even though android has more to offer.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know Apple had huge numbers last quarter 74 million sold. I think they finally gave the public the size phone they wanted even though android has more to offer.

That's because Samsung got caught napping with the incremental GS5. The GS6 is at the very least what the GS5 should have been. The GS4 was also another incremental increase that found Samsung falling into the same pattern as Apple. Over the last two years, Apple made more forward progress. I do see Apple ramping up and waking up but Samsung has made the paradigm change that would appear to make their transformation and progress more rapid.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
But they have been honest and fair in their recommendation.

Most commenters have been very complementary about both products. So far, no flaming posts from either side. The discussion have been pretty civil as compared to prior years when there would running battles of words and insults in thread after thread.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You should buy iPhone 6.The device comes with Retina HD display and Powerful Page on snappers.it offers 4.7 inches (Large) display,8 MP Primary camera and 1810 mAh, Li-ion battery.The HD screen offers lovely visuals, while the camera quality has been boosted quite a bit with the addition of new features.
Counter that with a 5.1 QHD display with 200+ more ppi for better resolution.Auto HD, OIS and ultra fat autofocus with a wider aperture for better low light pictures and 4k video. NFC and MST mobile payment. Dual wireless charging standards built in so no new accessories. More advance LTE radio standard. DDR4 RAM. UFS storage. 16MP RFC. 5 MP FFC. The GS6 has these features and more.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You should buy iPhone 6.The device comes with Retina HD display and Powerful Page on snappers.it offers 4.7 inches (Large) display,8 MP Primary camera and 1810 mAh, Li-ion battery.The HD screen offers lovely visuals, while the camera quality has been boosted quite a bit with the addition of new features.
Wow, when you put it like that the iPhone 6 sounds a lot like my Galaxy Alpha, albeit, the iPhone has a display with a higher PPI...I think. However, from experience I'll say that having the flexibility of android outweighs the iPhone's higher PPI. Another thing, the Alpha cost $320 brand new.

🍷from The 🅰🍗

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have to admit the iPhone 6 images look better in the video above. Much brighter. Obviously these are testing perfect situations though. I think some of the cool s6 camera features may help it in real world situations.

I almost feel bad for HTC...

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I would say S6 because the camera is better (OIS alone makes it better) and it has wireless charging built in.

But if you are going to ask S6 Edge vs iPhone 6, that's no contest. It has every advantage of the S6 plus it makes the iPhone look old fashioned.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You've got to admire his/her persistence.

Especially since he/she is dead-on correct. The Note 4 is one of those legendarily epic creations that some believe was forged by gods and given to us so we'd know, without question, that there are indeed higher beings...Creators.

jk

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Which Smartphone is better depends really on what you use your smartphone for, and what is more important to you.

However, at this point with the intro of the S6 and S6 Edge, the choice between the two is so much less about build quality -- it's a choice of ecosystems.

But here is where I think the S6 will shine through - the Camera and the Samsung Pay. Everyone is crying like little kids about the missing stuff, but these two things are going to trump the iPhone in a big way. The S5 camera is IMO already better than the iPhone shooter. Now, with OIS and the 1.9 ---- killer. Plus, being able to pay at any swipable card reader ---- convenience at its best.

I like Apple stuff. It's slick. But the S6 is the better device in specs, and in features. The ecosystem is preference. The build, one could argue, is better on the S6 (I like glass, and I wish Apple would have stuck with it). And I can totally understand if you have family and want to stay with one ecosystem, facetime, same chargers, etc. Nothing wrong with that. And certainly there is nothing wrong with the iPhone 6.

But in the end, when all is said and done, the S6 has the superior hardware. Period. No question - it's undeniable.

So what is more important to you personally? The ecosystem? The OS? Camera? Feel in hand? If you go with the iPhone 6, you are buying into the ease of use and ecosystem. And there is nothing wrong with that.

There is also nothing wrong with wanting the cutting edge specs that the S6 and S6 Edge offer. Can you really go wrong with either?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Which Smartphone is better depends really on what you use your smartphone for, and what is more important to you.

However, at this point with the intro of the S6 and S6 Edge, the choice between the two is so much less about build quality -- it's a choice of ecosystems.

But here is where I think the S6 will shine through - the Camera and the Samsung Pay. Everyone is crying like little kids about the missing stuff, but these two things are going to trump the iPhone in a big way. The S5 camera is IMO already better than the iPhone shooter. Now, with OIS and the 1.9 ---- killer. Plus, being able to pay at any swipable card reader ---- convenience at its best.

I like Apple stuff. It's slick. But the S6 is the better device in specs, and in features. The ecosystem is preference. The build, one could argue, is better on the S6 (I like glass, and I wish Apple would have stuck with it). And I can totally understand if you have family and want to stay with one ecosystem, facetime, same chargers, etc. Nothing wrong with that. And certainly there is nothing wrong with the iPhone 6.

But in the end, when all is said and done, the S6 has the superior hardware. Period. No question - it's undeniable.

So what is more important to you personally? The ecosystem? The OS? Camera? Feel in hand? If you go with the iPhone 6, you are buying into the ease of use and ecosystem. And there is nothing wrong with that.

There is also nothing wrong with wanting the cutting edge specs that the S6 and S6 Edge offer. Can you really go wrong with either?
I don't think its any surprise the S6 has the better hardware. Samsung was targeting the iPhone 6, they knew precisely what they werr aiming for, the iPhone. Apple simply wanted to make a larger phone but they were not targeting or trying to best any particular handset except their own. Was Apple caught snoozing? Interesting question, that is.

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21