Which is better S6 or iPhone 6?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Even when the S6 is actually announced I think the basic rules will apply. If you're vested in the iOS ecosystem or like the simplicity of iOS I can't imagine the S6 really bringing something to pull diehard iOS fans over to Android, as great as that might be.

I'm sure the S6 will be a neat device but the iPhone 6 is quite solid in its own right for those that prefer iOS.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Right. The hardware in the S6 will likely be more powerful and offer more features over the iPhone 6 but none of that matters when it comes to mobile OS preference. The S6 can be a beast but it won't do anything for anyone who is shoulder deep into iOS. I'm sure some people will switch from an iPhone to the S6 just as some people switched from a Samsung phone to the iPhone 6.

Either way, a proper comparison can't be made until the phone is actually announced and multiple people have put it through professional reviews. Until then, any opinions regarding the S6 are just based off of rumors and are therefore shallow. Even judging a phone based on looks alone is pretty shallow.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
That being said, i have a buddy at work who was upgrading his iPhone 4s, he wanted to go in and get the iPhone 6 Plus, but they were out and he was determined to get a phone. He ended up waking out with a Note 4 and all he's said ever since is "I'm never going back, i couldn't ever imagine going back to the boring iPhone"

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of buying a new phone. My current one is Samsung Galaxy S4. Which is better, iPhone6 or Samsung Galaxy S6?

Hardware on paper the S6 will most likely stand out. But then there's touchwiz. No one has ever come to the conclusion that Samsung UI (after it contorts stock android) has ever been as well put together and seamless as iOS.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of buying a new phone. My current one is Samsung Galaxy S4. Which is better, iPhone6 or Samsung Galaxy S6?

The main decision you have is the OS, as that's what you'll notice the most day in and day out with use. You'll have to make that decision on your own, both Android and iOS are great operating systems but both serve different people and offer different functionality. In the end the decision will be yours to make.

The s6 has yet to be unveiled so it's hard to say which is "better". Since the iPhone 6 is out now, go to a store and play with one. See what you think. When the S6 comes, out do the same. Hope I helped some.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely wait until the S6 (and HTC M9) are revealed Sunday. You already know what the iTurd 6 can do for you - so compare them and go what's best for you.

Each device will have it's own set or pros and cons.

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hardware on paper the S6 will most likely stand out. But then there's touchwiz. No one has ever come to the conclusion that Samsung UI (after it contorts stock android) has ever been as well put together and seamless as iOS.
Touchwiz on lollipop isn't all that bad. Neither is kit kat imo.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 🌌

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hardware will probably be a slight edge to the S6, since they usually one up each other. But like others have said, everything else is dependent on which OS you prefer

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Little doubt in my mind that the S6 will be better simply because of the OS and not being locked down with all the Apple craziness. I too own a Note 4 using Nova Launcher, very smooth experience. I will say that I did get an iPhone 6 Plus it is buttery smooth, but to use it I had to give up so much and pay more money... why would I want to do that? LOL You know what surprised me is so many say apps on IOS are generally better with more features and I guess that is true for some apps, but the ones I use it is actually the opposite the Android version are actually much better than the IOS versions.

cookiegurl

Banned
Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
The main decision you have is the OS, as that's what you'll notice the most day in and day out with use. You'll have to make that decision on your own, both Android and iOS are great operating systems but both serve different people and offer different functionality. In the end the decision will be yours to make.

The s6 has yet to be unveiled so it's hard to say which is "better". Since the iPhone 6 is out now, go to a store and play with one. See what you think. When the S6 comes, out do the same. Hope I helped some.

Thank you. I think I'll just wait and see. I'm an avid Samsung user but somehow with all the raves I heard about iPhone 6, I can't help it but get curious about it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I think I'll just wait and see. I'm an avid Samsung user but somehow with all the raves I heard about iPhone 6, I can't help it but get curious about it.

Over the past couple of years my thoughts on the iPhone have really evolved. I was very attracted to the 4/s and 5/s. While the 6/+ is fine and smooth (and a neat change 1x or 2x/week) Android has evolved to the point where that is what I consider home. The smoothness and flexibility have really assimilated me. You really need to be the type that doesn't want to customize OR be willing to jailbreak. ...as has been said countless times in the past.

📱VI+🐉

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
The 2k display will blow the iPhone 6 720p display out of the water lol. IPHONES look blurry after seeing a samsung 2k display.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol