Samsung S6 or Nexus 6?

mykwinters

May 28, 2012
Visit site
How is your battery life on your N6? Have the Galaxy S6 right now and it's terrible - 12-14 hours on battery/2.5-3.5 SOT.
Battery life is OK I guess. I'm getting maybe 3.5 to 4 SOT. Not as good as I hoped it would be. Love the screen and the speakers.

Last edited:

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T N6 rebooted often. I never noticed except for the Incredibly LOUD carrier boot sound with boot animation. I didn't have time to unlock or root until several weeks after purchase and was forced to do it earlier than I wanted due to the reboots during sleep. Once I unlocked and rooted I haven't had a reboot since. I also deleted the carrier apps. Not sure which did it but I wish I knew.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well if you were to ask me last week it would have been an astoundingly huge vote for the s6. But now the phone gets laggy for me especially in the messages app. I tried clearing the cache. A system cache clearing. restarts. but the phone always goes back to lagging in the messages and the keyboard. Now I figure I will try the Nexus 6 and see where that takes me. I do not have it yet so I cannot compare it. The s6 does have the best camera I have EVER used in a phone if that helps but I do not take a ton of photos so it is a non issue for me. Good luck with your choice.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Nexus 6 over the Samsung S6 too. I have had since April 25, I have not had any rebooting issues its be flawless.
It took awhile for me to get use to the size but otherwise its be great.

Never a random reboot out of my nexus 6. My moto x on the other hand would random reboot multiple times a day.

Sorry to hear that.Which Moto X ?

I have both the Moto X's (2013/2014) haven't had reboots with them either

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The reboot issues are old news... the storage drivers had some bugs in 5.0.X and it caused problems when the phone attempted to wake itself up from deep sleep and the internal storage wasn't ready to be accessed. 5.1 addressed the issue. It was an isolated issue in 5.0.2 and a rare one in 5.1.

Which phone? depends on your priorities. Yes, the S6's camera is top notch, but I have no issues with the Nexus 6's shooter to be honest. It takes pretty good pics in its own right and I have no major complaints. The screen? Sure, the S6's is better, but I'm one to fuss with every aspect of my phone and a different color calibration is just a custom kernel away. Even so, the colors are fine and I would rather use the much larger screen. But if aren't one to live with a 6" phone, the S6 will work better.

The two phones cater to different needs.