Comparison between the X and Iphones???

vaporman1

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am a new owner of the Droid X and never really played around with the Iphones. Can someone tell me what the comparisons are good or bad between both models and maybe the future models that might be coming out soon???

ga_fool2002

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
well coming from an iphone myself i can say a few things, size! the x is hugh! expandable memory, more apps and widgets iphone has no widgets, i dont have to go to motorola to get my phone fixed, if there was a problem with my iphone att would say go to apple we cant fix that etc. verizon offers the insurance on the phone, you can make this phone yours!! ringtone, themes, everything when you root it, the iphone was fun but now owning an x im asking why have i not been a droid? in no phone techie but im learning, just look around the boards read up and learn learn learn!!! lol:cool:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hd camera works well on the dx. I like the overall screen size of the DX. Its fast enough for me and I do not need itunes to put music on my phone. And exlandable memory is a big plus as well as removeable battery.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Besides physical differences isn't comparing the 2 phones equivalent to comparing an Apple (no pun intended) to an Orange? The OS'es are totally different when it comes to notifications, widgets/customization, email support, Google maps navigation, openness, multi-tasking, ability to attach documents within the email client, and removable battery. Android outshines iOS in each of the areas. iPhoners will tout ease of use, a larger selection of apps, and a better camera. Both sides are correct IMHO.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
We all like to hate on the iPhone, but I do have to give it props.

Take it out of the box, and everything works as intended, and it works exactly like you think it should work. Of course this is because a lot of choice and options have been taken away.

My biggest gripe is that to upgrade, back up, restore, and set-up one you need a computer running the single worst piece of software ever written -- iTunes.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Gonna get an X tomorrow most likely. I had my 1 year upgrade hit Friday and held out to hear all of CES and the announcement tomorrow from VZW.

My reasons for doing this and not an iPhone:
- Free Navigation - I use it a ton and it works very well.
- Touchdown for Exchange sync - absolutely great and getting better with every beta build. Syncs categories over - I don't know why phones since the Treo do not bring over categories for meetings. Also gives me Task sync. Have not found a good solution for the iPhone for this.
- I run battery like mad. I have the Original Droid and it keep an extended battery with me all the time. Use the regular one most of the time to fit in to my ProClip Car mount, which does not take the extended battery.
- GMail is great - reading the latest post on TiPB the GMail support is not great on the iPhone.
- Widgets Rock - ultimate customization available for my Droid/DroidX
- By doing this before the 16th I can upgrade again in 1 year and still get the discounted 2 year price on more time before going to 1 year contracts. This will give me time to see how LTE plays out and how the Bionic, Thunderbolt, Revolution, and Samsung 4G LTE (they need to fire the marketing person at Samsung now) phones play in the market.

Now I give the iPhone a lot of credit for changing the way people use their phones and driving huge dollars to the carriers for data plans on smartphones. The out of the box working is awesome for these devices.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
1: Android can Run Multiple Apps at the Same Time
2: Android Keeps Information Visible on Your Home Screen
3: Android Has a Better App Market
4: Android Gives You Better Notifications
5: Android Lets You Choose Your Hardware
6: Android Lets You Choose Your Carrier (soon to be with Verizon)
7: Android Lets You Install Custom ROMs
8: Android Lets You Change Your Settings Faster
9: Android Does Google and Social Integration
10: Android Gives You More Options to Fit Your Budget

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/10_things_android_does_better_iphone

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
3: Android Has a Better App Market
5: Android Lets You Choose Your Hardware
6: Android Lets You Choose Your Carrier (soon to be with Verizon)
10: Android Gives You More Options to Fit Your Budget

10 Things Android Does Better Than iPhone OS | Maximum PC

Did you miss anything??? lol

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
As stated many times before... For everything that Apple doesn't, Android DOES.

You'll enjoy your new X. That we all here can promise you. :cool:

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The X is way better than the current Iphone for me. Here at work, I can make calls and send and receive text messages all over the building. The people with Iphone 4 have to go outside to get signal. They ask me : you got signal? No way! They can't even send a text message. How pathetic.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
What's an iPhone? Is that like the jitterbug?

I all seriousness. Three years ago the iPhone was THE phone. Now its just A phone. It deserves its place a the grandfather of mobile multimedia but it has lost its reign as the top dog.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
3: Android Has a Better App Market-Wrong
5: Android Lets You Choose Your Hardware-??
6: Android Lets You Choose Your Carrier (soon to be with Verizon) You make calls with your Android OS?? Can't take phone to different carrier in US

10: Android Gives You More Options to Fit Your Budget??

10 Things Android Does Better Than iPhone OS | Maximum PC