Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Hands down, whats the best Android Device?

ok so ........ i think the EVO 4G is the best phone in the market ..... comment if you agree or disagree.....
    Last edited by Big D5; 01-16-2011 at 01:14 PM.

ROM
    unrooted

I'm going to agree...the dev community is outstanding and very supportive... the evo was and is a trend setter ... it really set the bar high for the future of cell phone technology ..just look at all the phones from CES ... they were all inspired by the evo. I've always impression my peers with my phone...and now that I'm rooted and running cm ...I've converted many iPhone and blackberry enthusiast into android fanactics...kudos to HTC and sprint

Life is about EVOlution
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

im only 14 years old and im 5"2 so my only concern about the phone is indeed the 4.3 inch screen ..... it can be just a little too big... but other than that/ that phone is just pure happiness !
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

myTouch 4G. I've owned an EVO, G2, Optimus S, and the myTouch 4G.

The speed of the MT4G is just awesome. Not as big as the EVO, but much faster.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

ROM
    unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post

I agree...out of the box the mt4g is blazing fast as is the g2. Personally I've gone through alot of smartphones ...from the g1 to numerous blackberries, low to high end androids. But the evolution is the first phone that I've technically used as a "smartphone" I see myself holding on to this for quite a long time

Life is about EVOlution

Hardware- Atrix
    Software- Nexus S
    evo only for backing from community but most all high end have enough support

I would say evo4g overall but droidx for vzw, mytouch 4g for tmobile.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

ROM
    unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by _Zguy__ View Post
    Hardware- Atrix
    Software- Nexus S
    evo only for backing from community but most all high end have enough support
    Kinda jumping the gun on a phone that isn't released yet huh?

Life is about EVOlution

Global Posts
    1,508 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

EVO. All other phones dream that they can be the EVO. Won't happen because they are inanimate objects
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

Get the Evolution. You'll grow into it. Besides I tried a MyTouch 4G and it was like the iPhone and too small a screen and no kick stand lol

I'm not much bigger than you and I don't have a problem ans prefer the size of the Evo.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    HTC Evo 4G

Twitter @billbrooksjr

It is. But sooner or later dual core and new graphics chips and better screens will be in the newer versions but that may be awhile before they are out.

HTC Evo 4G

Twitter @billbrooksjr

Exactly ... the devs are amazing I also use CM 6 and love it. My Evolution is even faster better than stock. I use rom manager to keep everything working perfectly.

.ll
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_spades View Post
    I'm going to agree...the dev community is outstanding and very supportive... the evo was and is a trend setter ... it really set the bar high for the future of cell phone technology ..just look at all the phones from CES ... they were all inspired by the evo. I've always impression my peers with my phone...and now that I'm rooted and running cm ...I've converted many iPhone and blackberry enthusiast into android fanactics...kudos to HTC and sprint

Life is about EVOlution

HTC Evo 4G

Twitter @billbrooksjr

I have to disagree. I tried the mytouch 4g and I was not impressed with it or the service.

The mytouch just didn't get good signal for me. And I'm in silicon valley the SF bay area.

To be fair the T-Mobile Rep at the store told me that in the city I am in they placed a moritorium or stop on new cell towers from being errected .

So no hspa+ for T-Mobile users in this area. Needless to say I didn't get the mytouch. The evo rocks. The mytouch was not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post

HTC Evo 4G

Twitter @billbrooksjr
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

only think im scared about is that since its about 87 months old, i dont wanna get it and then lets say a Evo 2 comes out that'll be better.... thats the only reason why i dont wanna get it
    since i dont get money, i get money from my mommy lol
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

7 months * not 87. lmao
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The nexus s, yeah it feels cheap in the hand, but she's got it where it counts.
    Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
    The nexus s, yeah it feels cheap in the hand, but she's got it where it counts.
    Sorry for the off-topic
    Use the system uploader above the message area. I'm doing all this from my phone.

BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Do not have the knowledge to comment on other Android devices. That aside I have been extremely happy with my X.

EVO 4G Hands down no contest.

Sure there might be better hardware devices out there and ones with better or sooner software updates. But the Evo has proved its worth with little flaws to come with it.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Meh, I know the Atrix isn't out yet but I'm sure it'll own the Evo, no disrepect to evo owners, the evo is what brought me to Android from iPhone but wasn't looking to switch carriers. Anyhow, Atrix has it owned for now.
    If Samsung fixes their hardware issues such as GPS, sometimes non responsive bottom buttons and page movement lag {I had the captivate god that was horrid} anyhow the Samsung Infuse looks good also but it will take a lot for me to want that device.

Actually, why isn't the droid X getting more votes? its an absolutely beautiful phone though I haven't played with it enough.
    May the little green robot be with you!
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bills_Evo4G View Post
    I have to disagree. I tried the mytouch 4g and I was not impressed with it or the service.

The mytouch just didn't get good signal for me. And I'm in silicon valley the SF bay area.

To be fair the T-Mobile Rep at the store told me that in the city I am in they placed a moritorium or stop on new cell towers from being errected .

So no hspa+ for T-Mobile users in this area. Needless to say I didn't get the mytouch. The evo rocks. The mytouch was not for me.

Maybe I should specify that I mean the speed of the device. The myTouch 4G is way faster than the EVO in benchmarks and everyday use. I had them side-by-side doing the same task.

Network speed will obviously be based on geography, which for me personally is about the same (no WIMAX or HSPA+ for me yet).

And OP, it's rude not to reply to PM's, jsyk. Especially from moderators.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pceasar View Post
    Meh, I know the Atrix isn't out yet but I'm sure it'll own the Evo, no disrepect to evo owners, the evo is what brought me to Android from iPhone but wasn't looking to switch carriers. Anyhow, Atrix has it owned for now.
    If Samsung fixes their hardware issues such as GPS, sometimes non responsive bottom buttons and page movement lag {I had the captivate god that was horrid} anyhow the Samsung Infuse looks good also but it will take a lot for me to want that device.

Actually, why isn't the droid X getting more votes? its an absolutely beautiful phone though I haven't played with it enough.
    I'm not saying it won't "own the Evo" it could very well possibly, but how in the world do you know for certain? That's like saying the next Batman movie is going to own the dark night. . . . . You have absolutely no clue how bad it might suck.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Sorry for the off-topic
    Use the system uploader above the message area. I'm doing all this from my phone.

You have to be a post ***** first lol
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

Quote Originally Posted by xMyCkOx View Post
    i think the EVO 4G is the best phone in the market ..... comment if you agree or disagree.....
    I agree that you think the EVO 4G is the best phone on the market
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast