Anyone changing your mind from Moto X pure to IPhone 6s or 6s plus?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
After watching IPhone announced new IPhone with new camera and new feature like live photo ,3D touch...I just want to ask you guys that Apple make u change your mind from Moto X pure to new IPhone ..

For me I think new iPhone look promising on hardware and camera look impressive but IOS still boring..

Just want to know your thought.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I had an iPhone 6+ for a little while to try it out since I didn't try Apple for awhile. I won't ever be going to Apple. I may try them out once in awhile but it won't be my daily driver.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Not even a little bit. I was more excited for the iPhone 6 and 6 plus but still no serious interest. The S versions are a yawn fest. Moto X pure as long as it is smooth in performance is the value champ

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Friends & family have iPhones. They like them; that's OK. That's their right to choose. I might consider an iPhone ... if Android disapeared from the face of the earth. ;)

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd be tempted to if the camera in the Pure doesn't live up to MY expectations. I have a GS6 now (and had an iPhone 6 for 8 months), I just can't see myself keeping this GS6 too much longer (tired of intermittent slow downs and poor battery life). I'm really intested in the new camera of the 6s/6s+. It looks like it's going to be quite good. My wife and I are expecting our first kiddo in about a month, so picture and video taking will increase dramatically. I have a DSLR but really like that my iPhone 6 and GS6 take great pics. Looks like the 6s and 6s+ will be even better...

dmaynard83

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Interesting they added the always listening feature for siri. I'm wondering if this extends to when the screen is off as well

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Interesting they added the always listening feature for siri. I'm wondering if this extends to when the screen is off as well

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I know it worked on iphone 6 / 6+ when the phone was plugged in. It'd be nice if it worked all the time. Watching the keynote, they mentioned the A9 chip had a co-processor (similar language to the Moto X and always listening).... we'll see...

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The camera will undoubtedly continue to be the definitive leader of smartphone cameras. But beyond that, there is absolutely nothing appealing to me about the iPhone. The OS is boring. The concept of it and the hardware are confining, if not claustrophobic. The "features" they added are either copies of Android (e.g. finally being able to speak to Siri with an always-listening capability that the OG X delivered two years ago) or are just completely useless to me.

And the design of the phone is, to me, uninspiring if not downright ugly. The camera bump is offset and ugly. The bezels continue to be enormous. The design is dull. The display resolution continues to lag far behind that of many Android flagship options.

And the price....the PRICE.....for on-contract 6S+ with higher the higher memory is nearly as expensive as an off-contract XPE! Yikes!!!! And then you better treat that piece of precious as if it was your life or you better shell out a ton of dough in insurance costs.

I bought an extra OG X back in the day when they had the big sale for it because it was cheaper to have that as an insurance phone than it was to pay for insurance for our three devices. And it came in handy, too, because I'm using it right now for that exact reason (I committed a fatal error in judgement/anger and broke my beloved 2014 X a couple of weeks ago --- long story, embarrassing story, sad story).

FWIW, Apple has elevated themselves to the status of "status ownership" and bilk lemming-minded people out of huge sums of cash to attain that status. There is no value other than perceived status. I'm all about value. I want something that fits my needs and serves me well. The Moto X line, camera notwithstanding, has always done that for me. And at MUCH lower cost, especially with the XPE.

So, no. Not interested in any CrApple device anytime soon.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to buy the iPhone 6s as well, I always buy the latest iPhone to go along with my other Android devices. Holiday season gets pretty expensive with all these gadgets ...lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd be tempted to if the camera in the Pure doesn't live up to MY expectations. I have a GS6 now (and had an iPhone 6 for 8 months), I just can't see myself keeping this GS6 too much longer (tired of intermittent slow downs and poor battery life). I'm really intested in the new camera of the 6s/6s+. It looks like it's going to be quite good. My wife and I are expecting our first kiddo in about a month, so picture and video taking will increase dramatically. I have a DSLR but really like that my iPhone 6 and GS6 take great pics. Looks like the 6s and 6s+ will be even better...

Man I dropped my iPhone 6 for the GS6 and swore I wouldn't go back until iphones had better multitasking. Apple managed to pick up the one feature I miss the most on my HTC "Zoes" aka live photos... I had sooo many great moments with Zoes and the chance to have that back on either an iPhone or Galaxy would be hard to pass up.... especially since I have a new born now

Posted via the Android Central App

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Man I dropped my iPhone 6 for the GS6 and swore I wouldn't go back until iphones had better multitasking. Apple managed to pick up the one feature I miss the most on my HTC "Zoes" aka live photos... I had sooo many great moments with Zoes and the chance to have that back on either an iPhone or Galaxy would be hard to pass up.... especially since I have a new born now

yeah, we'll see how I get along with this Moto X. I don't think I can go back to my GS6 with the poor battery life and the TW hiccups. If the Moto X doesn't workout for me, and the new Nexus 5 doesn't work on Verizon or doesn't have a good camera, I may be back to iPhone 6s. Like you said, the camera and ability to snap quick, great pics of a new kid will be the biggest selling feature for me. Something this Moto X might not live up to. But we'll see!

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Spend a week with a 6 and just couldn't stand it. Tiny, slow and toy like. Went happily back to my 14' moto x. Never again

Deadlagx

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I had an iPhone 6+ for a little while to try it out since I didn't try Apple for awhile. I won't ever be going to Apple. I may try them out once in awhile but it won't be my daily driver.

Honestly Almeuit took the words out of my mouth. I actually have a OnePlus One and an Iphone 5s sitting right infront of me and I use the iphone to remind myself how meh they are as a daily driver. I think it's more than I have too much invested in android that it would be a huge hassle for me to switch than anything else. That and the price just makes me cringe. However my note5 wasn't exactly cheap so I guess I can't say much on the financial side of things.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Noooooo thank you. I work in a medical office and doctors all love iPhones. My family all love iPhones. They're just fine and have great cameras; I'll say that for them. But they're boring boring BORING. Trust me, though, enough doctors out there are lining up to get whatever new gadget Apple has to offer so they sure don't need my business.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae