Anyone have the Turbo and the Pure?

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Looking for thoughts, comparisons, etc...
Camara, call quality, signal strength, screen comparisons, etc...
Droid Turbo owners only please.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the Turbo and sold it for the Pure.
I like the amoled screen of the Turbo but I have found after a few days with the pure its no big deal.
The LCD in the sunlight is totally visible and better
The batteries last pretty close. Where I was at 65% im now at 50% at end of work day. but with the turbo charger no worries.
The Turbo fit better in my small hands but the Pure is growing on me.
Im so glad to not be using the capasitive buttons. Its actually the only reason I switched
The camera capture is faster
I hope I find a good case that feels good in hand with this phone the included bumper makes it feel badly
The speaker stereo sound is amazing
I'm not paying over $600 for the next Turbo!
I love the dimple in the back.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I had two turbos, one at launch and one recently.

Better camera with no shutter lag is the big difference.

On screen buttons, unlocked/faster updates, speakers, and no verizon-changes to the ui are the smaller benefits to the pure edition.

Battery on the turbo would last longer for sure.

mlr_90

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Turbo and I like the look and feel of the MXPE better than the Turbo. The display took a little getting use to. I've had the Galaxy S2, 3, 4, 5 and the Turbo so Amoled screens are all I've had for the past few years. I was never impressed with the Turbo's battery life. I have weak signal where I work and at home so I've never had good battery life. The MXPE actually lasts longer than my Turbo. I could never get 4+ hours of SOT on my Turbo but I can with the Moto X. Overall, the Moto X is better suited for me. Except for wireless charging. I really miss that.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
That's good to hear. ..I've had the turbo since launch, 64 gb Ballistic Nylon, and it has been an awesome phone. My battery life is amazing on mine, take it off the charger at 5am, when I go to bed around 10, I still have 60% left. I'm waiting for my pure to come in from moto, just hope I'm happy. I'm really curious about signal strength and call quality, as I feel the turbo was just OK in these areas compared to my previous moto phones.

mlr_90

May 3, 2010
Visit site
That's good to hear. ..I've had the turbo since launch, 64 gb Ballistic Nylon, and it has been an awesome phone. My battery life is amazing on mine, take it off the charger at 5am, when I go to bed around 10, I still have 60% left. I'm waiting for my pure to come in from moto, just hope I'm happy. I'm really curious about signal strength and call quality, as I feel the turbo was just OK in these areas compared to my previous moto phones.

I've kept calls on the Moto X that I normally drop on the Turbo. This is around the house and I could just about always duplicate it. The Moto X hasn't dropped one yet. I take mine off the charger at 6am and normally hits the charger at ~10pm. I've used the MXPE more and I will normally be around 10% with 4hr+ SOT. The Turbo wouldn't have been much better for me.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Patrick Matteson

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the 64 Gb turbo also and used a Moto X Pure for one day didn't care for the battery life at all its going back. Couldn't even make it 12 hrs without recharging, maybe I jumped the gun sending it back this quick who knows. Wish they would of went with a bigger battery. Other than that I loved it the dual speakers blow the turbo's away, screen better in bright light. No HD or video calling on the X not sure if that's coming or not. Gonna grab the Turbo 2 it's got better specs than the pure, along with the bigger battery.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone, my pure will be here on Tuesday, so I'll let you know my thoughts. ..just hope I'm OK with the screen for moto's active notifications, that's all that really worries me at this point, everything else should be a plus...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15