Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style vs. Nexus 6P

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition... Like It or Love It?

I think I love my Moto X lol. I can't stop sniffing the leather back :) we've grown quite fond of each other over the past few days.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

There may be few reasons as why I don't love it.
1. The LCD screen
2. The leather looks fake, just like the Note 4 back was make to look like leather. It feels like leather but when you look at it for some reason it looks fake IMO.
3. It doesn't bring anything that much different from the X2 in terms of the experience.
4. I'm getting home screen redraws every now and then when pressing the home screen button. I get a black background for a half a second or so.

That is about all, once the MXPE gets 6.0 I think the phone will get better and the only thing missing would be the fingerprint scanner compare to the Nexus 6P.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Two words: Motorola Radios. I stayed last night in a place that historically for me has had spotty LTE on Verizon. Was not a problem last night on the MXPE.

Posted from my XT1575

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

It will be interesting to see once the new device pixie dust wears off, how many like & love. My guess is light to medium users will remain content.

BTW, I would watch out.- We have had a sniper kitty and an assassin droid post in this thread. Getting intense :)

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

It will be interesting to see once the new device pixie dust wears off, how many like & love. My guess is light to medium users will remain content.

BTW, I would watch out.- We have had a sniper kitty and an assassin droid post in this thread. Getting intense :)

Agreed.

For modest users (i would argue anyone but heavy gamers), this device has a lot to offer. And let's face it, we'll likely get Marshmallow in the next couple months. Whereas a year from now, 70% of other Android devices STILL won't have it. Big plus.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Agreed.

For modest users (i would argue anyone but heavy gamers), this device has a lot to offer. And let's face it, we'll likely get Marshmallow in the next couple months. Whereas a year from now, 70% of other Android devices STILL won't have it. Big plus.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

That is one of the main reasons I will probably end up getting this phone because of the updates.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
had a galaxy nexus then a nexus 5...now got my xpure.

nothing in the 6p makes me want it:

More expensive
Cant customize colors
Probably inferior camera
No SD card slot
No moto notifications
No moto assist
Inferior screen (PPI)
Not a AMOLED fan yet (have a 2014 moto X I use for work, the IPS screen is far better than its AMOLED)
No turbocharging

None of the above make me want a 6p. I thought maybe i MIGHT want a 5x just to drop a little size, but its even more off the specs, so thats a no go.

I'm going to respectively say this post is biased, misleading and ill informed. I know I'm not the first person to comment on this but here's my take with a few counter points thrown in for the sake of fairness.

More expensive - In most cases not by much
Cant customize colors - You can pick between 3, not bad
Probably inferior camera - Probably superior actually (the MXPE camera is not the high point of the phone)
No SD card slot - Coming from a nexus I'm already used to not having one
No moto notifications - With the Amoled screen it sounds like they plan on doing notifications with less battery drain than moto
No moto assist - Personally don't use it
Inferior screen (PPI) - Same size, same resolution, listed at a 2 PPI difference so don't mislead anyone with that claim
Not a AMOLED fan yet (have a 2014 moto X I use for work, the IPS screen is far better than its AMOLED) - Personal opinion
No turbocharging - N6P has fast charging (might even be faster)

N6P Pros
Fingerprint Reader
All metal construction
USB type C
Nexus update rate
Notification LED
Bigger Battery - Huge selling point for me

For me personally I've had a MXPE for a week and I think it's great, but I plan on returning it and going to the N6P. I think we are comparing 2 great phones and you probably can't go wrong either way.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

If I could get a little more volume when in a call it would be love. So for now I merely REALLY REALLY like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: USB-C and USB 3.x (specifically calling out USB 3.x since USB-C is a connector spec)

With as many micro USB cables as I have, the USB connector isn't that much of a plus when deciding between the Moto X Pure Edition and the Nexus 6P. It'll be cheaper with Moto X Pure Edition because I'm not buying any new cables.

USB 3.x transfer speeds do nothing for me since I wouldn't plug either phone into a computer to transfer files.

The Moto X Pure Edition ships with the TurboPower 25 charger which supposedly charges a bit faster than standard 15W Quick Charge 2.0. And currently most Quick Charge 2.0 chargers ship with micro USB cables.

No need to buy new USB-C cables.

Of course, all my opinion.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure vs. Nexus 6p

Quick size comparison:

VlqEHdh.jpg

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Two words: Motorola Radios. I stayed last night in a place that historically for me has had spotty LTE on Verizon. Was not a problem last night on the MXPE.

Posted from my XT1575

I admit the radios on the motorola are a huge benefit. There are so many unknowns for me with the 6P since they are relatively new to the US as compared to other manufacturers. I do think the 6P camera will be better, but by how much over the XPE? Will the radios/gps on the 6P be comparable? If so I would get the 6P, but we just don't know yet. For now I'm keeping the XPE, but I could be swayed since I actually prefer amoled. We'll see how the reviews of the 6P go.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Nexus. The pure has serious battery issues if you do anything what so ever with the GPU. That includes maps and chrome. If all you do it leave it in standby and send some texts / email you should be fine. If you use it or are looking for development for this device I'd suggest getting a nexus instead or waiting.

I use Maps and Chrome is the only browser. My Moto X Pure Edition can last a day.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I like how he can make the "best" claim without actually having the 6P in hand.
It's even better when he gives the fingerprint reader advantage to the 6P over the iPhone based on nothing.

It's probably not the most subjective video ever bit thought it might be interesting to people.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
In my use, I think Marshmallow is going to make the battery on the Moto X Pure Edition better. I get a day's worth of (my) use now and I've got Quick Charge 2.0 chargers at work, home, and in the car.

I don't think I can go back to a phone that didn't have Moto Display or Moto Assist's Drive Mode.

Couldn't agree more. I love the Pure and have no desire to switch. Better camera than its predecessor and an SD card slot - I'm a happy camper. But the Nexus 6P looks really nice. If I were to go Nexus, that's the one I'd pick.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I love the Pure and have no desire to switch. Better camera than its predecessor and an SD card slot - I'm a happy camper. But the Nexus 6P looks really nice. If I were to go Nexus, that's the one I'd pick.

I'm more likely to go Nexus 5X over the 6P simply because of the size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan