iPhone 6S vs. Nexus 5X

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I'm setting myself up here but I would like to get some serious opinions. These 2 devices are in the size category that i want to be in and I'm replacing an LG G4 that is acting up. My prior phone was an S6. That thing had bad battery life and stuttered so I'm writing off skinned Android for a while and now it boils down to the iphone vs nexus. The phone is (should) mainly be for work..i own a small construction company. I admittedly fiddle with Android too much.lol and usually the customizing aspect would be a big selling point to me but this time around it isn't. To be honest I'm actually getting a little ocd with constantly customizing. But, i DO need google apps like Google Now, Calander and Photos. I want a smooth straight forward phone period, and i think both would fit that but the 6s is compelling to me and ive never used stock Android. So those who have used both, what would you choose and why based on the criteria i mention above? Also can google apps be downloaded to ios?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 6s or Nexus 5x

Most Google apps can be. I am just not sure about Google Now. I too, ordered a 5X to replace my G4. For me, it's mainly the size. I need something smaller, and I am hoping the 5X will be small enough.

LezCronut

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iphone 6s or Nexus 5x

I'm sure I'm setting myself up here but I would like to get some serious opinions. These 2 devices are in the size category that i want to be in and I'm replacing an LG G4 that is acting up. My prior phone was an S6. That thing had bad battery life and stuttered so I'm writing off skinned Android for a while and now it boils down to the iphone vs nexus. The phone is (should) mainly be for work..i own a small construction company. I admittedly fiddle with Android too much.lol and usually the customizing aspect would be a big selling point to me but this time around it isn't. To be honest I'm actually getting a little ocd with constantly customizing. But, i DO need google apps like Google Now, Calander and Photos. I want a smooth straight forward phone period, and i think both would fit that but the 6s is compelling to me and ive never used stock Android. So those who have used both, what would you choose and why based on the criteria i mention above? Also can google apps be downloaded to ios?

Posted via the Android Central App

Google Now, Calendar, Photos. Well what better thing than an immersive pure Google experience? There is nothing quite like a total Google Now experience in stock Android. The integration is surely way more top notch than in iPhone.
I'm not specifically sure how you use the phone for work. If you can provide more detail in the specific activities, that'd be great.

May I know how your S6 stuttered? I thought that thing is one hell of a beast. What happened to G4 as well?
I used to own a Galaxy S2, and oh boy I swore I'd never use a Samsung anymore. Then I grabbed a Nexus 5, and I've been blown away by the UX. High five for thinking the same with me: my choice is only between an iPhone or a Nexus. 😊

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
With all the power of the G4 and s6, it seemed to pause when loading pages sometimes and scrolling would hesitate. The G4 home launcher crashed constantly and the s6 battery life sucked. I still in 2015 don't think that manufacturers know how to optimize their skins and software to work with android. Skins are terrible. I actually bought the iPhone 6s and it's a joy to use in all honesty. I have 9 days to take it back but I have a felling I won't. It's polished down to business and fast as hell. I'm happy I think. I've been an Android user for 7 years. I agree stock Android or iOS for now on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ujini

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I find that iPhones have much better reliability than Android phones. I've owned a Nexus 5, Galaxy s4, and Xperia Z; but my original iPhone 4s has outlasted all my phones.The nexus and s4 I've had to get it repaired once. My friends have had similar reliability track records (ie: some of them still have working iPhone 4s! While even a galaxy s5 is beginning to get problems). It's only a limited sample size however. I do love android though. I need my customization!!