What can the iPhone do; that the Droid X can't?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The only advantage to the iphone to me is just being able to sync easily with itunes (without having to use and pay for a third party app). Not that I like itunes (I don't), but that's where all my music is, and I know that's the case with most people. I have found a good replacement in Songbird, but that is a little buggy at times. Other than that, there is way more the DX can do.

c0mputernick

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
As an iphone user, ive been looking to switch to an android phone (galaxy s 4g) but i have been taking a serious look at what i wont be able to do anymore if i switch. Netflix app? Yeah they say its coming if they can get the security issues worked out. Farmville? Wheres the app? The app selection that ive seen doesnt really come close, but apple did have a little head start on that. The 2 i listed above arent deal breakers, but they are missing from andriods selection.
Where is the retina display? That isnt new technology, but the Super AMOLED+ display looks nice.
Aside from that, my biggest other issue is finding the best phone on tmobile. It seems i have to compromise on features. I can get the mytouch 4g that has a 1ghz cpu and 768megs of ram, or i can get the galaxy s 4g that has a 1ghz cpu, but only 512megs of ram, but it comes with a dedicated gpu. So i have to give up more ram for a better graphics processor, i want both. The galaxy S2 looks sweet with a dual core cpu and 1gig of ram and a separate gpu, but i dont want to wait months since i need a phone now. But that really isnt an android issue, thats more of a phone manufacturing issue.
I did have a chance to play with a mytouch 4g over the weekend and play with it for a while, one thing i noticed right off was that web browsing seemed kind of clunky compared to an iphone, it wasnt as smooth.

I am really interested in taking the android plunge and get away from apple, but i would really like to know what the android CANT do that an iphone can so i can know it going into this instead of finding out the hardware when i go to do something and the option or app isnt there.

My current iphone got messed up on a restore and i lost my unlock, so that kinda made up my mind to switch, and i do like hacking things, so i would be interested in rooting the phone after i get it and seeing everything that its possible to do on the phone.

So if any of you have real input in what android CANT do instead of "it cant sync to itunes" it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
As an iphone user, ive been looking to switch to an android phone (galaxy s 4g) but i have been taking a serious look at what i wont be able to do anymore if i switch. Netflix app? Yeah they say its coming if they can get the security issues worked out. Farmville? Wheres the app? The app selection that ive seen doesnt really come close, but apple did have a little head start on that. The 2 i listed above arent deal breakers, but they are missing from andriods selection.
Where is the retina display? That isnt new technology, but the Super AMOLED+ display looks nice.
Aside from that, my biggest other issue is finding the best phone on tmobile. It seems i have to compromise on features. I can get the mytouch 4g that has a 1ghz cpu and 768megs of ram, or i can get the galaxy s 4g that has a 1ghz cpu, but only 512megs of ram, but it comes with a dedicated gpu. So i have to give up more ram for a better graphics processor, i want both. The galaxy S2 looks sweet with a dual core cpu and 1gig of ram and a separate gpu, but i dont want to wait months since i need a phone now. But that really isnt an android issue, thats more of a phone manufacturing issue.
I did have a chance to play with a mytouch 4g over the weekend and play with it for a while, one thing i noticed right off was that web browsing seemed kind of clunky compared to an iphone, it wasnt as smooth.

I am really interested in taking the android plunge and get away from apple, but i would really like to know what the android CANT do that an iphone can so i can know it going into this instead of finding out the hardware when i go to do something and the option or app isnt there.

My current iphone got messed up on a restore and i lost my unlock, so that kinda made up my mind to switch, and i do like hacking things, so i would be interested in rooting the phone after i get it and seeing everything that its possible to do on the phone.

So if any of you have real input in what android CANT do instead of "it cant sync to itunes" it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

If you know how to root, I would go with samsung hands down because they are known for their good hardware. Software, not so much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463