I'm leaving the Galaxy S6 Edge+ for the iPhone

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Those who think I'm crazy about the battery life, take a look. There's no way my Edge + would have survived yesterday. I had 7 hours of use and 16 hours of standby and still had battery left.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Please name ONE method for transferring sms from iPhone to Android...just one.

Oh, and by the the way, denying the walled garden Apple has created with ios just shows either you're an apple hack or YOU have no idea what you're doing.

Here you go...one of many ways: Samsung Smart Switch™: Transfer Contacts, Music & More

I've used it for friends to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung and it transfers everything.

I've used to to move from android phone to android phone when switching devices and it transferred everything down to call logs.

EDIT: All the How-To videos on how to transfer the data, including SMS are down near the bottom of the page such as this: https://youtu.be/gc6noHOOn4c

Very simple.

Last edited:

GeneralDreedle

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Now that I've had a few days with the S6 Edge +, I find that with heavy use, which to me means screen time in the morning for an hour or so, go to work, sporadically an hour or two more of screen time throughout the day, good messaging, and other apps updating -- by around 6 p.m. I have less than 20%. That's enough for me. My wife has a 6S through AT&T and she needs a charge a lot quicker. Coming from the LG G3 -- the battery life after a year was terrible, I had to get spare batteries and shortly after noon swap them out-- and the LG software I never cared for -- with Samsung it's different, I don;'t mind the toned down TouchWiz. But finally it's the camera -- I'm out a lot on the weekend and the camera is just better than the 6s, or the 6s Plus (to my eyes anyway) -- that it makes all the difference. I have to say that if I was going to be traveling overseas more I would get the iPhone 6S Plus just because it's truly a global phone with all the bands they support.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
hi scottysize, glad you found your dream phone. Just one question, what was the brightness of your display during the screen on time? We all know that the ips is much much more power hungry than the amoled in the galaxies (especially the latest iteration note 5 and s6 edge +).
99% of the time I see an iphone user playing with his phone, the brightness is set to something unbearably low.
I have no idea how these people actually enjoying their phones. I asked a few of my friends (iphone owners) why they are using their phone like that and they said if they make it as bright as mine note 4, the battery will drop very very quickly.

I personally think you had a faulty phone.

Brightness is always set to default "Auto Brightness". You could be right, but I've had battery issues with all Android devices, so if it's the Edge +, then it's all others as well.

As for the "Perfect" Phone, let's not go into all that! There is NO perfect phone. They all suck. It's just which one sucks less for you ;)

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have gone the other direction in the iPhone forums. Most recently back in July of this year when I moved back to the Android ecosystem. I moved back because of iOS hotspot issues. They still exist, I just found a work aroun... wait. Isn't that what I'm trying to avoid? See. There is no perfect phone.

Most just said good luck. Some tried to help me out, but a lot said, I'd be back, etc.

I still hang out at macrumors, have a mac. Nobody has to tell me how hateful the fanbois are there are and no android forum comes close. Have been a member there for years. Post a problem and it's your fault. Lot of kids trying to justify their purchase, mostly in the phone forums. Nobody has to justify your purchase except you.

I said in my post one should go with what they prefer. I could care less what someone else uses, it's insecurity that causes the hate and "goodbye" posts.

Everything I had, up to just a short while ago was apple. Phone, ipad, appletv, mac. Still have the atv and mac and I could never stand a vocal percentage there, insecurity. I have been doing the internet since dial up bbs's lost out to it and these guys are the worse. Can you believe the forums used to be civil?

Last edited:

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like my S6 Edge experience. I've put it aside and am watching it's battery life with no sim card. Picked up a Nexus 6P. My wife has an iPhone 6 Plus, and her battery lasts all day and then some, and she plays a lot of games on hers.

I desperately want my android phone to work throughout the day without me having to babysit the battery. If the Nexus 6P can't handle it then I will just have to go iPhone whether I like it or not.

Like I said, I'm watching the Edge without a sim card in it. I partially believe AT&T to blame with their service. I think it can account for a LOT of battery drain that goes relatively unreported in the battery stats. So far, I'm down to 86% battery left on my Edge after 10 hours of just sitting there. With a sim card in the phone, it would have been down to below 50% just sitting there.

Maybe my wife's iPhone does so much better because it gets on the wifi for calling instead of using cell coverage while in the house?

If you've seen any of my other posts, you will see that I went through crazy battery tuning troubles when I first got the Edge. Just kind of sux. This may actually be the first phone I turn back in on the AT&T next plan and just walk away from when my months are up. :(

Aside from the battery issues, the Edge gets laggy as hell from time to time. After I test the standby time of this thing with no sim card, I will reset it to ground zero and see what happens. I love the camera on the phone and even the size. I just hate the battery. Here's to my Nexus 6P making it through the day like a champ...to be continued...

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like my S6 Edge experience. I've put it aside and am watching it's battery life with no sim card. Picked up a Nexus 6P. My wife has an iPhone 6 Plus, and her battery lasts all day and then some, and she plays a lot of games on hers.

I desperately want my android phone to work throughout the day without me having to babysit the battery. If the Nexus 6P can't handle it then I will just have to go iPhone whether I like it or not.

Like I said, I'm watching the Edge without a sim card in it. I partially believe AT&T to blame with their service. I think it can account for a LOT of battery drain that goes relatively unreported in the battery stats. So far, I'm down to 86% battery left on my Edge after 10 hours of just sitting there. With a sim card in the phone, it would have been down to below 50% just sitting there.

Maybe my wife's iPhone does so much better because it gets on the wifi for calling instead of using cell coverage while in the house?

If you've seen any of my other posts, you will see that I went through crazy battery tuning troubles when I first got the Edge. Just kind of sux. This may actually be the first phone I turn back in on the AT&T next plan and just walk away from when my months are up. :(

Aside from the battery issues, the Edge gets laggy as hell from time to time. After I test the standby time of this thing with no sim card, I will reset it to ground zero and see what happens. I love the camera on the phone and even the size. I just hate the battery. Here's to my Nexus 6P making it through the day like a champ...to be continued...

I've heard many say the 6p gets them through the day. I just didn't want to go down yet another disappointing Android experience, if it was one. Also, I really didn't like the fact that the 6p didn't have Qi charging. That really turned me off for some reason. I know. Metal phone, iPhone doesn't, yada yada yada, but still. The 6p should have Qi charging.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
All I can say I dont use my iphone 6plus any differently than I did my s6 edge and I was always complaining about the battery life on the s6 edge. I got so freaking tired of always fiddling and changing this or that trying to get things set where the battery would last. I finally said the heck with it and went back to the iphone. Now I just use my phone and don't fiddle at all. Heck of a lot less stressful day. For those wondering why I am over here on this site I am just one of the type people that likes to stay up to date on all technology.

Menno Gouw

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I personally would not change in my abacus for a Apple product of choice. But then again an abacus has infinite battery life. It's just a matter of time before a phone just charges inside your pocket when walking the streets.

Good luck with your mom, I hope she gets better soon.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
All I can say I dont use my iphone 6plus any differently than I did my s6 edge and I was always complaining about the battery life on the s6 edge. I got so freaking tired of always fiddling and changing this or that trying to get things set where the battery would last. I finally said the heck with it and went back to the iphone. Now I just use my phone and don't fiddle at all. Heck of a lot less stressful day. For those wondering why I am over here on this site I am just one of the type people that likes to stay up to date on all technology.

Ditto ^^^

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing. iPhone takes some getting used to, and there are annoying things that make me miss Android occasionally, but you gotta like how everything works with no fiddling, and you never have to worry about the battery. What annoys me most is that every Android phone I've ever had you get people in the forums bragging (lying) about 5-6 hours of screen-on time. Even Nexus 5 users, believe it or not.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with your mom, I hope she gets better soon.
Thank you.

Mom is doing great. She is progressing through the knee replacement faster than the doctors think she should.

She hopes to be up and running around in few months , then she's getting the other done.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
When I started this thread, I really didn't mean for it to be an Android vs iPhone thing. But then again, we all knew it would turn into that. My appologies for taking us down a path that cannot be won by either side.

In case you care, I'm a recent Apple "Fan Boy". I use to be dead set against Apple and all things Apple related. Now, I am pretty sure that everything I own is Apple. I seem to keep forgetting that there's no Siggy on this forum, so if anyone cares, here's my SmartPhone history dating back to 2004:

Current Phone of Choice: iPhone 6s Plus 128GB
Gone But Not Forgotten: Kyocera 7135, Blackberry Storm, OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One Maxx, Verizon LG G2, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, VZW LG G3, iPhone 6 Plus 128GB, VZW LG G4, Sammy S6 Edge +
(Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze