Who's switching from iPhone 6 /6s/plus to s7 edge

BobbyH89

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Me! I've been a huge apple fanatic for a number of years (have an iPhone, MacBook, iPad, Apple Watch & Apple TV) and have tried different android phones in the past but have always gone back to iPhone after a few weeks.

I recently visited the newly opened Samsung Store in Milton Keynes and the guy there completely sold me the S7 edge as well as the Tab S2 and the Gear S2. I didn't buy it there and then but have just sold my iPhone 6 on eBay and will be taking out the Blue Bag Day offer tomorrow on the S7 edge and will be selling my Apple Watch and buying the Gear s2. I'm also contemplating selling my iPad Air and getting the Tab S2 as it is just a gorgeous device and so light!

So yeah I'm pretty much a convert to the world of Samsung and am super excited to the get the Edge and the VR headset!

I've just found Apple a bit boring in the last year or so and not very innovative, whereas Samsung seems to have gone the other way which is clear to see. And I NEVER thought I would EVER say that!

But yeah am really looking forward to getting this phone and the Gear S2 :)

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the 6s+ and should receive my preordered Edge today. I love both platforms, but I like have the latest tech and will more than likely go back to the iPhone when the iPhone seven comes out.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm switching when my upgrade comes in 3 months I'm getting s7 edge in silver if my local Verizon store has it in stock otherwise I will get gold. I can't wait to try the Samsung. I had an s4 before and it was a terrible phone but excited about this phone been hearing all the right things to want try out a Samsung again.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Not exactly switching, as I'll be keeping my 6S Plus. I have no problem bouncing between the two.

Same. Both have pros and cons. It really depends on the battery life for me. Really the standby time. I realize apple's standby time is hard to beat but anything semi equivalent to it would be a plus.

Plus I want the freedom to change depending on my mode for the day. Plus I miss the camera, camera gallery (hate camera roll), and the ability to download whatever I want, whenever I want no matter the file size.

Hmmm dpham00 I didnt have nearly the trouble you are had with the 6s+. My experience has been quite the opposite. If it wasn't for the camera, camera roll/gallery and a few minor annoyances I wouldn't consider coming back to Android. The 6S+ has been that good.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm ditching my iPhone 6s Plus for the S7 edge. I hate Apple's ecosystem and the phone is a huge brick when compared to the S7 edge. I'll be selling the 6s Plus on Swappa whenever I get my preordered S7 edge from Verizon.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Dont forget the Samsung pay. Its the main reason why im switching from..well not from iphone but im switching from Nexus 5x.

Posted via the Android Central App

DroidBoy82

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching up from my iPhone 5s. For me, it's not so much that I dislike Apple's phones as they're wonderful in their own ways. There's so much new tech coming out for Android phones in general. I chose to go with Samsung because things like Gear VR have me really interested in terms of new ways of consuming our entertainment. As geeky as I sound saying this, the Edge screen has many possibilities as well. This is just Samsung stuff to, LG is doing awesome things with the modular setup of the G5, Blackberry made a wonderful Android entry with their always amazing keyboard, etc. It's just a really wonderful time of Android.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching from the 6s Plus after a 5 month stint. The 6s Plus is a great phone, but it's a little too big for the screen size and I REALLY miss Android. IMO, the S7 Edge looks like the most complete Android phone ever and I can't wait to make the jump back.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not switching always have the latest iPhone along with the latest android flagship. S7 edge replacing my Nexus 6p so it'll be interesting to see if the S7 edge can replace my 6s plus as my daily driver.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm coming from the 6s, although I will keep the phone. The ecosystem is WAY TOO limited for me and dependent on iTunes.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'll be going from the iPhone 6s Plus to the Galaxy S7 Edge. I always go to the latest and greatest phones.
The iPhone feels like such an antiquated device in this day & age. :p

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll be selling my 6S Plus this weekend. It's just too darn heavy. I don't hate iOS - so if Apple brings out a lighter one in fall, I'll likely go back - but for now it's the S7 EDGE for me.

78standards

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
..6+ to s7edge

I've been with Apple since...well..Apple. The s7e was the first non-apple product to catch my eye, and at the right time as I have been bored with iOS, so I'm gonna give it a shot..

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
So a couple of important questions - will I be able to get at least 64 gb of internal drive space? I need the room for applications. Secondly, will I be able to use the microSD card as additional internal drive space? I heard that Marshmallow allows you to expand your total drive space using your SD card. That will ensure that I can install the applications I normally utilizing. The one thing I hated about my previous 32 GB Note Edge was it only came with 32 GB of internal space. I constantly ran out of space.