Who's switching from iPhone 6 /6s/plus to s7 edge

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: What are your thoughts on iPhones

I had the first iPhone and that was it for me. The hassle of having to always plug my phone in to sync my music and contacts to back them up was ridiculous. Also Apple in my opinion is not so customer friendly. They make a new product and then it isn't compatible with the previous product unless you spend more Money and buy an adapter to make them compatible. I got an android phone and can back up my contacts and info via Google on the go and if I lose my phone, I don't have to worry that I didn't get to plug my phone into iTunes and I'm going to lose all my info. I can download pdf and other files straight to my phone and it's very convenient with Android. IPhone makes everything difficult and I honestly don't know why anyone would want an iPhone. I think it's just because a lot of people have iPhones and others like to fit in rather than stand out. It's like social media, people make social media accounts just because everyone else has one. Android life! I feel free with my Galaxy S7 edge and I felt restricted with my iPhone. I will never look back.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Do you think you will get one over the s7 or anytime soon and are you excited for the iphone 7

I've had every iPhone since they came and every galaxy phone. I usually always try out all of them and end up switching back to android. I will probably try out the iPhone 7 if it seems all that great but I just don't know what it could have that the edge hasn't already checked the boxes on.

Ios hasn't changed much lately so I don't really see any groundbreaking changes there for Ios 10 but who knows. Samsung may have finally made a phone that will lock me in. Time will tell I suppose.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I'm very happy with my iPad air2. It's what I want in a tablet. That being said it's not what I want in a phone. I can't see myself giving up an android phone anytime soon.
I feel the same way.. I have an iPad mini 4 that's for junk, entertainment and school work... but Android is my favorite OS for smart phones there is so much you can do an Android vs iOS.. plus I like having two different OS's it pisses people off that I don't have an iPhone with my iPad.. 😂😂

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm very happy with my iPad air2. It's what I want in a tablet. That being said it's not what I want in a phone. I can't see myself giving up an android phone anytime soon.

I like my android phone / iPad air combo very nice. I tried out the tab s2 and it was OK but just not as streamlined as the iPad imo. It really is the tablet app gap that I don't see getting better any time soon.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

The iPhone has never appealed to me. There aren't enough customization options. I'm also not willing to repurchase all of my favorite apps to switch from Android to Apple.

I'm not a Samsung addict.. If they hadn't brought back SD card support, I wouldn't have gotten the Edge. I would have got the Blackberry Priv or the LG G5.
I respect the Apple. My husband has had a couple of iPhones. They've been tough devices and they are the right fit for him.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Have them but I prefer the Samsung phones.
A couple of things I don't like about iPhones 6s Plus.

No swipe to reject incoming call while phone is in standy mode, have to double click power button.
No notification light for charging, done charging, missed calls, text or any other notifications.

Wife is a Apple fan girl but has been using her S7 since it came out.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

I prefer an SD card and less top and bottom bezel. If IPhone ever includes them, I'll get one. I had the original iPhone and liked it but it's style is - rinse, wash, repeat.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

They are fantastic and awesome phones and tablets to use. I always get the latest iPhone along with the latest Android phones. Only time when iPhone disappointed me was iPhone 6 plus + iOS 8 I think, that was buggy as hell and couldn't believe Apple pushed that to release in such a state. Overall iPhone's are simpler to use, buttery smooth and has more accessory support. Obviously Android has its own advantages. At this point you shouldn't be going wrong buying either of them since they have both matured to a point where differences are not that noticeable. Also if you plan to keep your phone for a long time and not change frequently I say go with the iPhone since they get software updates to latest OS at the same time as newer devices and not get bogged down in the long run like many Android phones do.

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site

Apple is a legendary company, and they have millions of fans for a reason. I think everyone here agrees that if we're looking at the total package, especially from the average consumer standpoint, Apple has always been ahead of the pack. If you look at their iPhone 6S plus, you see a 6 month old phone that's still ahead in almost all performance benchmarks (not even talking about software optimizations here), is always in the conversation for the top smartphone cameras and best battery life. On top of that you have dedicated Apple stores, Apple tech support and generally pretty decent device care policies. They have better graphics API's until Vulkan hits all Android flagships, and still get the best indie game support, because of Android side-loading piracy.

If someone came up to me and asked me for a smartphone and they wanted the least compromises, I mean it's really hard not to say "iPhone and forget everything else". Carrier bloatware, lack of updates, strange bugs that sometimes never get fixed, security issues on occasion, there's a lot of headaches that often come with Android phones, and I wouldn't feel comfortable asking a consumer to drop $500 up front for a Nexus to fix all that.

With that said, for people who are at least moderately interested in technology, mobile technology, Android manufacturers often make some of the most exciting hardware you can buy. Look at the G5, willing to take a risk on something that Apple would find absolutely crazy to try. And that's the problem with Apple in 2016, they play defensively and have played defensively since Jobs' death. They may be on the verge of having their market share eroded unless the iPhone 7 knocks it out of the park.

Oh and Ives is a crappy UI designer. The Google guys and girls who put together Material have his number.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I have zero brand loyalty - I usually go back and forth between iOS and Android on a yearly basis. They're both great

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I've owned just about every iPhone since the original only skipping the 5 and 6. I currently have the 6S and 6S+ and 6+.

I' said this last week after buying my S7 Edge. The S7 Edge was the first Android phone to make me leave any of the iPhones I have today, at home. they're sitting in their boxes now in a drawer. I won't sell them because next month or next week, I may want to get one out again and use it and that is why I have so many phones and don't get rid of them when I buy a new one.

I used to always prefer the music app on the iPhone much better and I guess I still do. I installed the Apple music app on my Note 5 and S7 Edge so I can still get that feel that I like.

The problem is with Apple is that I can pick up my old 5S and 6S and other then a few minor features such as the 3D touch, there isn't much difference between the two. Open each one to the home screen and other then different wallpapers, they look the same.

My Note 5 screen looks different then my S7 Edge and I can have spaces in between apps and you can't do that on the iPhone. I can even have a widget in between apps on the screen.

I'm just bored with what the iPhone can do and I'm sure a lot of that is just because my S7 Edge is so new and I love what I can so on the Note 5 as well.

I'll be watching the Apple announcement tomorrow on my Apple TV just to see what they do to that smaller iPhone and whatever else they have planned but with everything Samsung is doing lately, I could easily imagine never owning another iPhone again.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I've owned just about every iPhone since the original only skipping the 5 and 6. I currently have the 6S and 6S+ and 6+.

I' said this last week after buying my S7 Edge. The S7 Edge was the first Android phone to make me leave any of the iPhones I have today, at home. they're sitting in their boxes now in a drawer. I won't sell them because next month or next week, I may want to get one out again and use it and that is why I have so many phones and don't get rid of them when I buy a new one.

I used to always prefer the music app on the iPhone much better and I guess I still do. I installed the Apple music app on my Note 5 and S7 Edge so I can still get that feel that I like.

The problem is with Apple is that I can pick up my old 5S and 6S and other then a few minor features such as the 3D touch, there isn't much difference between the two. Open each one to the home screen and other then different wallpapers, they look the same.

My Note 5 screen looks different then my S7 Edge and I can have spaces in between apps and you can't do that on the iPhone. I can even have a widget in between apps on the screen.

I'm just bored with what the iPhone can do and I'm sure a lot of that is just because my S7 Edge is so new and I love what I can so on the Note 5 as well.

I'll be watching the Apple announcement tomorrow on my Apple TV just to see what they do to that smaller iPhone and whatever else they have planned but with everything Samsung is doing lately, I could easily imagine never owning another iPhone again.

I came from the iPhone 6sp. I really wish apple would open up just a lite and let people have control where you put icons or have open spaces on a page and let us put a widget on a home page. The only thing that has kept me on the iPhone was battery life. The s7 edge is the best battery I've used on an android. That said, I just can't imagine apple opening things up even a little.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site

I currently have the S7 Edge, Note 5, and iPhone 6s. The Note 5 was my daily driver for a few months but I decided to get the 6s, which then took its spot. I enjoyed having a phone that was easier to handle with one hand, and after a few days I stopped missing a lot of the extra software features of the Note 5. When I saw the S7 Edge, I was smitten, so I got it on launch day. So far I like it a lot. I've always liked The extra little tweaks that Android has over iOS. I prefer the way notifications look in Android a bit over iOS. I like Google Now and appreciate its functionality more than Siri, even though Siri is getting better over time. I like that I can change default apps and launchers as I love Textra and Nova. On the iPhone side, I like the way iMessage works with my iPad and MacBook Pro, and with 90% of the people I text, as most of them have iPhones. Also, the 6s software was perfectly optimized and never gave me issues, and had the best battery life of all 3. The S7 Edge is my new daily driver, I'll be selling the Note 5, and most likely hanging on to the 6s for a bit longer.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I miss reachability from the iPhone 6 Plus. Made things so much easier at times

anon(9013794)

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

I use both androids and iPhone love them both , each have there own things i like about them

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Samsung has the same reachability as the iPhone. It's under the accessibility I believe. You triple click add it brings the screen down the same way as the iPhone. Give it a whirl.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I've had it set on for a few days. It's not quite as smooth I don't think personally. 2 quick touches on the fingerprint scanner then flick up the screen when you're done in the iPhone vs 3 full presses of the home button then hit another on screen button to return to full screen. It just feels like an extra step too far to make it worthwile.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I like the general reliability, bomb proof, idi0t-proof nature of iphones and iOS. The limitations of iOS are there so people don't delete or wipe anything critical to the device. I also Like the ruggedness of the lightning connector terminal. Apple still dominates the accessory market, and you can't beat their in store customer service.

My wife has a 6s+, and I'm on an LGV10... Perfect phones for each of us.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

The lightning connector is great but how many lightning cables does anyone have that doesn't look like this after a few months? I think I have one that hasn't split yet

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

The lightning connector is great but how many lightning cables does anyone have that doesn't look like this after a few months? I think I have one that hasn't split yet

I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. Compare a Apple lightning cable with a Samsung charging cable. I have never had a lightning cable last past a year without the plastic breaking. Apple cables used to last forever then they got cheap several years ago. I still have one of the old USB connector cables for my original iPod that is nice and thick like the Samsung cable. It wasn't long before they started making them out of cheap plastic. That's the Apple cable on the right.

IMG_9937.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar