Comparing the S7 Edge vs HTC 10...I'm torn

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Neither for me, returned my 10, passing on the S7e and sticking with my V10. Best build quality of the bunch, audio equal to the 10, screen on par with Edge; 64g, excellent fingerprint scanner and ergonomics, better/more cases available than 10; better camera than the 10 front and back and it's not close, and oh yeah, it came with 2 extra batteries and a 200g SD card.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Neither for me, returned my 10, passing on the S7e and sticking with my V10. Best build quality of the bunch, audio equal to the 10, screen on par with Edge; 64g, excellent fingerprint scanner and ergonomics, better/more cases available than 10; better camera than the 10 front and back and it's not close, and oh yeah, it came with 2 extra batteries and a 200g SD card.

I had a V10 and like the 10 much better. Much better build quality and much better size too...The 10 is noticeably faster too. The cameras are comparable too, especially if you shoot RAW like I do. To each his own though...

Posted via the Android Central App

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I had a V10 and like the 10 much better. Much better build quality and much better size too...The 10 is noticeably faster too. The cameras are comparable too, especially if you shoot RAW like I do. To each his own though...

Really? The V10 is built like a tank! Best in hand feel I've ever had. Agree the 10 is faster though the V10 is hardly slow. Size is a matter of preference to be sure.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I think you'll have to make some sacrifices here. Just keep the one you want.

Don't get into this 'I won't support apple Samsung monopoly' and we should always resist status quo and that even if HTC fails just buy their product just to show support.

Having said that. I don't think anybody failed this year. All phones are amazing. I love htc. I'm an HTC fan boy. And a recent Samsung fan boy.

With your list of priorities I think you should go with the HTC. You listed audio on number one. You can get one day of battery life on both but you can't the same audio experience on both. And the screen would be the best one you'll be using once you give up your Samsung. You won't even remember the differences between the two. So I think for you HTC would be the best choice.

Me? I chose the S7. Camera is the number priority and I just chose the one with better image processing and speed as they are more important for me. Damn I wish HTC made the best camera this year. Because with that built quality. Ahhhh it would've been the phone of my dreams.

And please don't say that HTC is just as good in camera department. I know it's good. If Samsung is 8/10 then HTC is 7/10. And the one point matters to me that much it's okay. Please don't hate.

So yeah. HTC for you my friend! You won't be disappointed!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
my .02
The HTC10 meets more of my personal preferences than any of the Samsung edge phones.
>I can't firmly grasp any of the samsung edge phones without triggering the edge display.
>Too much glass on the Samsung phones, I will drop and break them.
>Headphone jack sound quality is better on the HTC.
>I don't want to chance amoled displays and burn-in damage. I frequently watch hours of youtube videos in portrait mode, reading the discussion comments as the video plays. I also use my phone at work and am on conference calls for hours at a time, with the screen on the whole time. Amoled display burn-in does not go away, its a permanent thing (my understanding).
>I don't like micro USB, the HTC should be better (in theory).

Although I would shy away from an unlocked HTC10, and prefer to stick with a major carrier.

Last edited:

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
So oddly enough, in terms of battery. I did a factory reset of my HTC 10 and my battery life is now on par with my S7 edge. Literately. I get around ~40 minutes SoT per hour with my normal usage.

Not sure how that's possible.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The s7 edge is miles better than the htc 10 any time of the day all year. The reasons are well known, there's tons of comparisons on YouTube that will tell you the same thing. People will repeat the same nonsense all day:

Uuhhh screen burn in....
Slippery I can't hold it man....
It doesn't have USB C because I can't put it in the right hole correctly lol
Screen is over saturated I think I'm going blind.
What else? Oh Touchwiz is sooooo ugly I swear it's not android. And Sooooo laggy!

Peace out.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The s7 edge is miles better than the htc 10 any time of the day all year. The reasons are well known, there's tons of comparisons on YouTube that will tell you the same thing. People will repeat the same nonsense all day:

Uuhhh screen burn in....
What else? Oh Touchwiz is sooooo ugly I swear it's not android. And Sooooo laggy!

Peace out.

How is it miles ahead?
After owning the S6 Edge and the M7 I know how much Sense didn't bog down the phone but Touchwiz did, so that's a very valid point.

USB C is a pro for the 10 (future proof it a bit)

The S7 Edge is definitely more slippery and less durable (as evident from the drop tests).

How is this stuff nonsense? Why don't you list the pros and cons of both phones instead? Try to be useful instead of a shill.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
How is it miles ahead?
After owning the S6 Edge and the M7 I know how much Sense didn't bog down the phone but Touchwiz did, so that's a very valid point.

The S7 Edge is definitely more slippery and less durable (as evident from the drop tests).

How is this stuff nonsense? Why don't you list the pros and cons of both phones instead? Try to be useful instead of a shill.

I don't even know what to make of what he said as he does the "miles ahead" thing, then lists several legit annoyances about the S7e; lag, touchwiz, glass, irritating screen, (he forgot to add the audio is bad). All I know is, I tried the S7e and was like, "Seriously? This is what people are hyped about??" But, that's just me. I'm glad it exists because choice is a beautiful thing and I like people being able to find what works for them. It's a great phone for some people I'm sure.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
How is it miles ahead?

The pros and cons have been listed a million times no reason for me to list em again. They all come down to the same thing. HTC loyalists will buy the 10 and the rest that aren't brand loyal will favor whatever is on the bleeding edge.

There's absolutely nothing special about the 10. The V10 had a good DAC, did it break records ? No!

Throwing a dac and some speakers isn't going to win any awards.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't even know what to make of what he said as he does the "miles ahead" thing, then lists several legit annoyances about the S7e; lag, touchwiz, glass, irritating screen, (he forgot to add the audio is bad). All I know is, I tried the S7e and was like, "Seriously? This is what people are hyped about??" But, that's just me. I'm glad it exists because choice is a beautiful thing and I like people being able to find what works for them. It's a great phone for some people I'm sure.

Probably a typo... when fixed his statement makes sense...

"The s7 edge is miles BEHIND the htc 10 any time of the day all year. The reasons are well known, there's tons of comparisons on YouTube that will tell you the same thing. People will repeat the same nonsense all day:

Uuhhh screen burn in....

Peace out."

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The pros and cons have been listed a million times no reason for me to list em again. They all come down to the same thing. HTC loyalists will buy the 10 and the rest that aren't brand loyal will favor whatever is on the bleeding edge.

There's absolutely nothing special about the 10. The V10 had a good DAC, did it break records ? No!

Throwing a dac and some speakers isn't going to win any awards.

I think everyone should stick to their own sections in the forums. You can't say HTC and Samsung are doing well in the LG forum. They eat you. You can't say LG and Samsung are doing better in HTC forum. They take you as a typo. You can't say HTC and LG are doing better in Samsung forum. They say you're brand loyal.

While I agree with you on Samsung being better "overall" I think built quality and durability is something very major and those who prefer metal just prefer metal and glass won't ever do for them. I am one of those people. But had to go with Samsung for the camera.

So please refrain from trying to convince people in the wrong forum :p they won't ever listen.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I think everyone should stick to their own sections in the forums. You can't say HTC and Samsung are doing well in the LG forum. They eat you. You can't say LG and Samsung are doing better in HTC forum. They take you as a typo. You can't say HTC and LG are doing better in Samsung forum. They say you're brand loyal.

While I agree with you on Samsung being better "overall" I think built quality and durability is something very major and those who prefer metal just prefer metal and glass won't ever do for them. I am one of those people. But had to go with Samsung for the camera. He even says

So please refrain from trying to convince people in the wrong forum :p they won't ever listen.

That's not the problem. A brand name doesn't make me buy a phone. The problem is he didn't list his reasons for going with the S7 and makes this big claim that it is "miles ahead!" Really? On what fronts? That's what the discussion was about and he just came to troll. He even says "The pros and cons have been listed a million times no reason for me to list em again." so why bother commenting? How are you going to appreciate such low effort posts as his? At least try to form some decent opinions instead of straight bashing a phone.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
That's not the problem. A brand name doesn't make me buy a phone. The problem is he didn't list his reasons for going with the S7 and makes this big claim that it is "miles ahead!" Really? On what fronts? That's what the discussion was about and he just came to troll. He even says "The pros and cons have been listed a million times no reason for me to list em again." so why bother commenting? How are you going to appreciate such low effort posts as his? At least try to form some decent opinions instead of straight bashing a phone.

That's true.

Let me help him.
S7 "edge" pros include speedy camera best battery life IP68 rating fast wireless charging and for some, a better screen.
It's cons include slippery and delicate non durable built bad speakers and for some, touchwiz.

10 pros are better more durable built speedy quick software plus updates and sound.
Cons are basically none if you look at it in isolation. But I think it ranks 4th in camera behind LG Sammy Apple. And 3rd in battery life behind Sammy and 6S+. That's it for me.

So both have its pros and cons.
Don't feed the trolls.

Last edited:

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
That's true.

Let me help him.
S7 "edge" pros include speedy camera best battery life IP68 rating fast wireless charging and for some, a better screen.
It's cons include slippery and delicate non durable built bad speakers and for some, touchwiz.

10 pros are better more durable built speedy quick software plus updates and sound.
Cons are basically none if you look at it in isolation. But I think it ranks 4th in camera behind LG Sammy Apple. And 3rd in battery life behind Sammy and 6S+. That's it for me.

So both have its pros and cons.
Don't feed the trolls.

See this is a much better more quality post. I can agree with a lot of it except for the camera. I tested the HTC camera against my friend's 6S and found the HTC to expose less and have slightly more accurate colors. I have some comparison pictures against some light I took for a friend if you'd like to see.

However, I think phones are getting to a point where it is hard to choose wrong near the top.

NotoriousNeo

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I wrestled with these devices for a few days and found myself always wanting to see things on the S7 Edge's panel and use its camera since its auto-focus was faster and easier to launch. In the end, it really just came down to those two things, although the extra hour of screen on time didn't hurt either. The S7 Edge's display was just better in the areas that mattered like brightness and overall clarity while the camera could focus in and snap pictures quicker.

It's not, like, leaps and bounds or MILES ahead as some like to put it, but for those who go through a lot of phones, the differences are noticeable enough to favor one phone over the other based on what's important to them. For me, that was the display and camera with the better battery life just being a bonus.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Pretty much this.

I dont think anyone has once said, even in the HTC 10 forum, that the 10 is miles ahead of S7. Thats a comment made to rustle people more than anything. No other point to it. Theres literally no way that between the S7 and 10, that someone can clearly say one is "miles ahead". I prefer the 10 in most aspects, but in no way, shape, or form is the 10 miles ahead. It does some things better and some things worse, but what it does better outweighs the worse things. As I posted prior in this thread, the s7 is by far the best Samsung phone Ive used, and I personally havent been a fan of any prior S line of phones. So they did a good job, just not for me, nothing more.