HTC 10 vs OnePlus 3

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For the ones who have both the HTC 10 and OnePlus 3. If you could only choose one of them. Which would it be?
I have the 10 now and ordered the 1+3 and will only be keeping one. Im kind of leaning towards the 10 for the sound quality and HTC good track record for updates.
How is the sound quality with headphones with the 1+3? Is it on par or beat the 10?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Other than camera, battery life and price everything is better on the HTC 10 in my opinion. If those three are important then One plus 3 if not HTC 10.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
For the ones who have both the HTC 10 and OnePlus 3. If you could only choose one of them. Which would it be?
I have the 10 now and ordered the 1+3 and will only be keeping one. Im kind of leaning towards the 10 for the sound quality and HTC good track record for updates.
How is the sound quality with headphones with the 1+3? Is it on par or beat the 10?
Sound quality is fantastic on headphones and over speaker and as for camera I find it great, so for half the price it's a win for me.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Other than camera, battery life and price everything is better on the HTC 10 in my opinion. If those three are important then One plus 3 if not HTC 10.

When you say everything else, what are you talking about besides speakers and maybe SD card?

Haven't used the 10, but most of the specs are the same or lower, I find it difficult to believe there's much of a build quality difference, and while the screen is higher resolution it's debatable whether it's better...

Don't get me wrong, the HTC 10 looks great but it's main advantage is the speakers, and if those are important you might be better waiting for the Axon 7.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When you say everything else, what are you talking about besides speakers and maybe SD card?

Haven't used the 10, but most of the specs are the same or lower, I find it difficult to believe there's much of a build quality difference, and while the screen is higher resolution it's debatable whether it's better...

Don't get me wrong, the HTC 10 looks great but it's main advantage is the speakers, and if those are important you might be better waiting for the Axon 7.

It's best to assume I'm being sarcastic. if I'm ever serious I'll type "/s" to make it clear.

Support - HTC is better(uh oh)
Software updates - HTC better (talking about unlocked, not useless carrier branded phones)
Speakers, dac - HTC
Display - HTC (though that polarization issue may be deal breaker for some)
Size - HTC (personal opinion)
Build - Close one but I'll give it to HTC
Software - Both are great (personally prefer Oxygen)
Camera - One plus
Battery - One plus
Price - no contest One plus here
Dev support if that's important - One plus Probably?
Availability - HTC because it's available from the world's best and most important carrier Verizon /s

Think both are great, depends on personal preference.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Support - HTC is better(uh oh)
Software updates - HTC better (talking about unlocked, not useless carrier branded phones)
Speakers, dac - HTC
Display - HTC (though that polarization issue may be deal breaker for some)
Size - HTC (personal opinion)
Build - Close one but I'll give it to HTC
Software - Both are great (personally prefer Oxygen)
Camera - One plus
Battery - One plus
Price - no contest One plus here
Dev support is that's important - One plus Probably?
Availability - HTC because it's available from the world's best and most important carrier Verizon /s

Think both are great, depends on personal preference.

Yeah, I've heard some horror stories about OnePlus support to be honest.

Although, HTC "uh oh" is actually one of the reasons I DON'T like them. Because I'm British.

Posted via the Android Central App

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Not sure how this is an upgrade in anyway. Htc has a huge development community. Better screen, better audio, same battery size.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Not sure how this is an upgrade in anyway. Htc has a huge development community. Better screen, better audio, same battery size.

You know why its an upgrade? better camera, better battery( you do know battery size has nothing to do with actual battery life right??), better MOD and ROM support, stock android skin with added benefits like LED customization, and other little things that you can customize within stock android that you cant do on other devices. Better screen?? If by that you mean higher resolution then ok. That means nothing. The Oneplus 3 AMOLED panel is the best 1080p panel on a phone ive ever seen. Not only does it look great but also gives you increased efficiency. According to you a cheap insignia 4k TV that costs 399$ is better than a Samsung 1080p TV that costs 1000$.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I tried the 10 and was not impressed. It was fast and that is about all I would say for it. So far, I am enjoying the OnePlus 3.

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd be interested to see just how fast the 10 is, because the OnePlus 3 is fast like I've never before seen. It's really, really quick. And that fingerprint sensor!

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
HTC 10 vs OP3, is it still worth the price tag?

HTC has been my favorite upgrade option for a while now, but for many reasons I still have not pulled the trigger to buy it yet.

Now OP3 is out with pretty positive reviews and very competitive pricing, and Axon 7 is not far away... is it still a good idea to buy HTC 10 at a price doubles OP3?

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC 10 vs OP3, is it still worth the price tag?

HTC is well worth it over the OP3 IMO (better than or equal to in every category that I can think of except RAM, which the OP3 doesn't actually use more), and even though I think the HTC 10 is overpriced, out of the two at current prices I'd buy the HTC every day of the week.

The Axon 7 on the other hand... from what we know so far, is better out of the box than either phone. The two biggest concerns I have with it are that it makes the same charging mistakes as HTC and I have no idea if ZTE is going to stay up to date with firmware and security updates - but out of the box, it seems like the winner of these three.

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site

The OnePlus 3 made me curious when it was announced but after reading the Anandtech review, I wouldn't get it. The review goes into detail on how the 1080p screen would have been fine if it was not a pentile amoled screen. Because of that, the true resolution is closer to having a 4.7" iphone stretched to 5.5". Anandtech goes as far to say that if screen is important to you that you shouldn't get the OnePlus 3. Just my opinion.

If a new HTC 10 seems like a high price, go to swappa. People are selling them for a lot less.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Stretched out pentile + bad color reproduction, yes the screen is pretty bad according to measurements. For most people, the screen is going to look fine but this is definitely an area where OP3 didn't deliver and a strong reason to favor other better devices like the S7, 6P, etc. Anand did give pretty good praise for the HTC 10 screen, but they haven't provided measurements yet.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I really liked there oneplus one and my son still loves it today. The 10 is a really good phone but, value wise, if I didn't already own the 10 I would buy the 3 without hesitation.

Kingzzz

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I don't know, the camera and sound quality (and recording quality for those who care) of the HTC 10 are in a different league if you ask me. So if you care about having the (one of the) best camera(s) etc. then I would suggest you stick to the HTC 10. Also not having to deal with OP's customer service is a good thing lol.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

This is an HTC forum, so I'm sure most will say HTC. Post this in the OnePlus forum and you'll get a different answer. I personally owned the 10 for about one week before returning it. Way overpriced.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

HTC has been my favorite upgrade option for a while now, but for many reasons I still have not pulled the trigger to buy it yet.

Now OP3 is out with pretty positive reviews and very competitive pricing, and Axon 7 is not far away... is it still a good idea to buy HTC 10 at a price doubles OP3?

Posted via Android Central App

If you live the US I think the oneplus 3 is well worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod