- 06-06-2011, 04:47 PM #101
- 21 Posts
^ This is irrelevant to me. How about an objective discussion. Where you talk about the facts and opinions without your hormonal obsession. The Galaxy Within is not currently available for sprint so I do not see how this is relevant to the topic. Feel free to express you opinion but fanboyism doesn't add any value to this conversation.
On that note I wish the Galaxy Within had a release date. I think if it was released shortly after the 3D I would have a difficult decision to make. For me it comes down to:
I don't want 3D (I have zero use for it)
I like HTC's build quality over Samsung. Samsung just seems too light and breakable.
Not sure about:
Higher pixel density
Lower pixel density=better performance. I haven't decided if this a pro or con. I'm happy with the current Evo screen but I haven't had the opportunity to compare it to the Evo 3D
No 3D, I don't want it and this doesn't have it!
When will it be released?
- 06-06-2011, 04:57 PM #102
- 06-06-2011, 05:10 PM #103
- 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM #104
- 06-06-2011, 05:28 PM #105
- 06-06-2011, 05:59 PM #106
If anyone would like to discuss forum rules, you can PM me. This thread is not the place to do it. Once again, let's get back on topic please.
As for my personal observations about the Evo vs Galaxy S or HTC vs Samsung - I would absolutely love it if someone would offer a rebuttal (without name calling/personal attacks). That's why we're all here after all, for an open discussion.
- 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM #107
^ Totally agree with you! This thread went from informative to a Samsung rocks and HTC sucks infomercia.....I'm still trying to make up my mind , I currently have an Evo but by no means am I exclusive to HTC. If another company is puting out a quality product I'm jumping ship. But I'm looking for an unbiased opinion but that seems impossible in this thread. My only issue is that I don't care for touchwiz and I like sense. But screen wise I'm not sure I love the black levels of the Sammy and color but higher resolution is a plus.........Damn this is going to be tough!
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
- 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM #108
- 134 Posts
- 06-06-2011, 07:50 PM #109
1) Light leakage was the worst thing to plague the Evo. And screens weren't falling off stop exaggerating. I'd take a phone with light leakage than a phone that had a complete and underly useless GPS which took MONTHS to fix..
2) The issue of the grounding was a problem for literally a couple of weeks at most. HTC (the company that actually supports their devices) issued a fix for that very soon after the initial launch....
- 06-06-2011, 07:57 PM #110
- 4 Posts
Me, me, me! I'm going to hold out for the GS2. I have read the reviews several times just to make sure what they where saying about this phone was real. Sounds like they have put a whole lot of thought in the GS2. I have the Evo now and would not trade for another Evo just for the 3D. The GS2 is on my wish list...gotta have it.
- 06-06-2011, 08:10 PM #111
I suppose it's hard to make an informed decision when we don't even have all the facts yet. If the U.S. GS2 phones differ from the international version as much as the GS1 phones did, there could be a lot of added pros/cons.
- 06-06-2011, 08:18 PM #112
- 06-06-2011, 08:27 PM #113
This is what I'm afraid of with the Sammy! They seem to be having a lot of banding issues and problems with this screen, I don't know if I could deal with all that. My only hope is that these issues will be resolved for the US version!
Last edited by peppergrinder314; 06-06-2011 at 08:45 PM.
- 06-06-2011, 09:15 PM #114
- 06-06-2011, 09:56 PM #115
- 06-06-2011, 11:02 PM #116
- 06-06-2011, 11:18 PM #117
- 06-06-2011, 11:26 PM #118I hope not. This international version rocks, unlocked, no crapware, unlocked bootloader as well. But alas, the people who get us versions will not be happy if these don't crossover :/
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
One thing that I do like about the Galaxy SII is that I don't feel a need to have it be unlocked. If its unlocked great if not no big deal. I am looking forward to owning a phone I don't have to root and ROM to enjoy. Droid has filled my flashing addiction for good.
I'm looking forward to a great OTB experience to be perfectly honest.
Sent from my Droid
- 06-06-2011, 11:47 PM #119
- 06-07-2011, 12:18 AM #120
- 06-07-2011, 12:33 AM #121
- 06-07-2011, 12:36 AM #122
- 06-07-2011, 10:56 AM #123
- 06-07-2011, 06:03 PM #124
- 06-07-2011, 07:36 PM #125
Last edited by hyestack; 06-07-2011 at 07:43 PM.