Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Default Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school

Just another rainy day for students,every morning in a hope to get a call from school declaring a holiday due to excessive rainfall...

Yes, august is the time rainy season graces the land of India so does the re-opening of school!

Mobile : LG Nexus 4
    Editing : Instagram and Snapseed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-img_20130821_163608_2.jpg  
    Last edited by manan maheshwari; 08-24-2013 at 04:57 AM.

As a traveling pipette technician, "back to school" means long and late hours in university research labs cleaning & calibrating pipettes before school starts. This picture is a window reflection of my work area around 12:30am. You can see the parking garage through the window. This was taken with the Toroplus running the unofficial cm10.2 release and Moto X camera app while tuned to Ziggy Marley via Google Play Music. I'm working my way through free online coding courses as I sit in hotel rooms, M-F every week. A Chrome Pixel would be a welcome improvement over my 4 year old HP. Thanks for providing a reliable source of the latest happenings, you guys are best in class.
    *edit: photo was auto-enhanced via G+ as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-reflect.jpg  

Miz Z1 edited with Snapseed
    jimjr03 likes this.

In India, schools open usually in June.. This one is from today morning when my little one is waiting for the school bus to arrive. I shot it from our balcony..

Device: LG Nexus 4
    Edited using Picnic in Google+
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-back-school_ac-contest.jpg  
    Last edited by Nandagopal R; 08-22-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: The Google+ link was not fetching the image. So I attached it to the post.

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Going back to school means setting several redundant alarms in a futile attempt to undo the horrid sleeping habits I'd developed over the summer.
    Taken with a Sprint Galaxy Nexus, edited with Instagram
    P.S. You have no idea how hard it is to take a low light shot with the Galaxy Nexus. Rube Goldberg would have been proud of my setup.

Taken today August 21st in Candugay, Barili, Cebu Philippines. I really didn't expect this result, my 3 year old daughter is playing outside our place running everywhere. I'm having hard time taking a good shot, knowing I only got an LG Optimus net dual P698 phone. While she runs and jump over a semi-cliff like thing, scared of her action because she jump so high and didn't think twice if she will be hurt during her landing while holding my LG coming out of nowhere I took a quick shot unto her then came over to her to aid her, now look what I got.

Hope you like it.

Subject: Jesiah Bela Erica Girasol
    Tool: LG Optimus Net Dual P698
    Software Used: Camera software built in Gingerbread android 2.3 platform

Packed for my freshman year of college! Wish me luck on my quest to become a software engineer.

Taken on my Galaxy s4

Picture taken while jet skiing on the Blackwater River, ending the day with an awesome sunset what else could you ask for. Photo taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

I captured the attached image with a Samsung Galaxy S 4G, in hopes that it would lead to a Nissan GT-R. Until the Nissan GT-R happens, the Honda Civic will be my ride back to school. Yet, perhaps the attached image may lead to a Chromebook Pixel and a Google Play edition device!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-2013-06-15-17.38.39.jpg  

EDITED ENTRY

Hi, I have changed me entry as I believe that this new one is more fitting to the topic "Back To School" and how I see myself back at school.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 running Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 RC2
    Camera: Stock CyanogenMod camera with default settings
    Additional software: Aviary

The following picture illustrates my excitement and continuous satisfaction with solving problems. Mathematics is a subject that I am renowned for in my school - on the breaks I learn mathematics, at home I learn mathematics, on the train to and back from school I learn mathematics. Mathematics is my life. I believe the Chromebook Pixel and and a Google Edition device will be able to even further develop my keen interest in mathematics. I will most surely need a new laptop for when I go to university in a years time and I believe the Chromebook Pixel will be more than enough.

Thank you for considering my picture and thank you for the giveaway Android Central, I hope to see a lot of great entries.

OLD ENTRY - PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT
    I did this whilst on holiday, I hope it will inspire me this school year (the owl represents wisdom and the ability to see things that are hidden to others) . The photo was taken at Muncaster Castle with an Owl sanctuary.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 running the last 10.1 nightly of Cyanogenmod for the device (13.08.2013).
    Camera: Stock Cyanogenmod 10.1 camera with default settings
    Additional software: Aviary (cropped, filters, blurs, lights, sharpening), Photoshop Touch (light source - top right)

http://s9.postimg.org/ifdyfgi0v/1377163866268.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-img_20130906_112822.jpg  
    Last edited by mmkaznowski; 09-09-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Changed entry
    gregfortune and DamienThorn like this.

Taken with Nexus 4, with added G+ Enhance.
    DamienThorn likes this.

Snapped this shot of my friends classroom all ready for the new school year with my N4

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

School buses. Lots of school buses. Making me late everywhere I go.

Taken with my Galaxy S4 and edited with Pixlr-o-matic (random effects).

School Buses by Jim B L, on Flickr
    jimjr03 likes this.

Took this with my Note 2. Instagram filter and meme generator.
    I purchased two Nexus tablets for my class because CCSS (state testing) will now be done with computers and ipads. Pen and paper pencils are being pushed out. In theory this would work well, but I teach in an inner city school where students don't even have internet access at home and funding is scant. If you look to the upper right, you an see the steel bars across the windows to keep out robbers.

I purchased the Nexus tablets so that my students can at least have some experience with technology. I also had to buy them because that is the laptop that I was given after a year of requests.
    AOL, 128mb RAM, 14GB harddrive, Windows 98. Those specs aren't even acceptable for low range smart phones but I have two of these babies ready to go!

I saw tons of pictures where people deserve these just as much as me so best of luck to everyone, but my class and myself would definitely appreciate any one of these prizes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-class.jpg  
    Last edited by seoulbrova; 08-22-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Used a Galaxy S3. No editing done except for obvious crop. Just wanted pictures of the kids before they started on their big school adventure this year.
    What can I say, I'm a working mom who and my youngest started school... ALL MY KIDS ARE NOW IN SCHOOL! At least I was excited! :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-20130818_194202-2.jpg  
    Last edited by 1danieward; 08-22-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Little kids' Arena vs Big kids' Arena =)
    Taken w/ Galaxy S2.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Moving train, perfect setting, mist and slight drizzle; on my way back to college from my home! This just goes with the topic.
    Taken from a HTC One S (Ville C2). Not edited.

Here you go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-imag0536-1-.jpg  

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

MY youngest on her to the bus stop on the first day of school. Used my HTC EVO 4G LTE stock camera, just cropped the picture

Marine wives are like diamonds, they are brilliant and tough

Battle on my bookcase.

Taken with Droid Razr Maxx

Cool Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school

On the way into my Granddaughters first day at PreK-3, we stopped for a brief moment on the steps of the Church near her classroom.

We talked of how tall she was yet how small she was compared to the steeple on the church. That conversation quickly changed, as the mind of a 3 year old does, and we began to talk of her new teacher Ms. Kelly. I take every opportunity to document her first days so she and her mom (who works midnight's) can share those times later in the day.

As I glanced over to the side of where we were standing, I caught a glimpse of her shadow on the white column. I quickly took a photo of her beautiful smile and her holding the sweet little bouquet of purple morning flowers she had picked for her teacher in our yard just before we left for school.

This photo will be a cherished reminder of our morning conversation and precious memories of her first day of Pre-K3.

Photo taken with a Samsung Galaxy S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-eliana-first-day-k3-8-19-13-shadow.jpg  

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

You see, little Lucas here couldn't stand the thought of going back to College after what was otherwise a glorious summer. So little Lucas took matters into his own cold, metallic hands (or lack thereof).

The photo was taken with my Droid DNA, and I used PicSay Pro to add the Vignette and the Grainy, Gritty look that such a picture deserves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-backtoschool.jpg  
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

Summer Handball in Brooklyn, can you find the ball?

Taken with GS4 I9500, used Pixlr to edit it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl0x4l3xk2...2142224653.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-20130617_145723_20130619110658392_20130822142224653.jpg  

This year, going back to school reminds me that this is the last year I get to spent with my beautiful, energetic, and already exceedingly geeky little girl before she starts school - taken with my rooted Verizon Galaxy S3 using Focal.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

This was taken with my HTC One with a filter from the stock camera app. It was during my wife and I's recent trip to Puerto Rico on our Honeymoon . I'm actually starting college in the winter and that amazing chromebook pixel would be perfect. Plus! it would be an amazing wedding gift!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-imag0343.jpg  

This photo was taken in the almost two week old Veteran Center at Mesa Community College in Arizona.
    -Phone used is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    -Minor Editing with Pixlr Express (Rotated pic and adjusted color)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-mcc_veteran_services.jpg  
    Last edited by phrysk; 08-22-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: First time posting, not sure why picture wasn't showing up.
    gregfortune likes this.
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast