Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school

An apartment complex was demolished recently near my neighborhood, . You can see the apartments before demolition on Google Maps. It was a great occasion to take a picture after the cleanup. I used Samsung Galaxy S4 on a tripod, shot about 200 pictures, enhanced with Adobe Lightroom and stitched with PTGui Pro. The reason I didn't used the photosphere app, is because it doesn't stitch everything perfectly. Also shooting all single pictures allows me to manipulate the picture before stitching them.

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Friend's phone. I have a Motorola Bravo flashed to CM 7.2)

Software and accessories:
    i.Trek SUPER MOUNT F Metal Smartphone Tablet Tripod Adapter
    Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod

Picture (Photosphere):
    Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-construction.jpg

Last edited by mr_chen; 09-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    cftbl likes this.

Uh oh, it looks like Andy here has picked up my terrible study habits... Judging by his exam papers on the table, he needs to do less snacking and more studying! Back to school for me (and Andy, clearly) involves probably spending more time picking out "study snacks" than actually studying.

This photo was taken on an HTC One X and was then imported into Pixlr Express for some colour-balance touchups. On a side-note, the miniature donuts were handmade out of clay by my girlfriend.

PS: Can someone please tell Andy that donuts cause bloating and are bad for your health? At least he's recovered from his cupcake addiction, I guess?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-stillusingdonut.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    jdot104 and Dittochu like this.

Came home from school on my first day of senior year, I sat down I looked up and realized how nice it was outside so I took this picture.

Taken on Samsung Galaxy S4, edited with SnapseedWeekly Photo Contest: Back to school-contest.jpg
    Last edited by GrantEarls; 09-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Week #1 entry

For me, back to school means back to these two buildings: the glassy one is the new library, the reflection you can spot is the main building of the Faculty of Arts. The picture was taken with a Nexus 4, stock camera application of Android 4.2.2 (yeah, haven't updated yet). Post-editing included Snapseed and the stock editing part of the gallery.

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-library-main.jpg
    Last edited by Pipusz; 09-08-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Cosmetics

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-img_20130831_201253243.jpg

Taken with my new Motorola Droid Maxx. Full size and not edited.

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-f.jpgWeekly Photo Contest: Back to school-farrah.jpg
    Taken with Samsung Galaxy Notell Edited with Paper Artist

Angry Princess! School Starts When?
    Last edited by Monroe Inn; 09-02-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Last getaway before back to school. Taken at the top of Mount Tremblant with HTC One X.
    No editing.

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-imag0336-resized.jpg

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Nexus 7 (2013) and edited with Snapseed.

My wife's grandfather bought this desk in 1937. One of my wife's uncle and my mother-in-law used this desk for their schoolworks. My wife is using this desk since starting school a long time ago. Presently, she's working on a second Master degree.

Fun fact: Back in the old day, this desk was called writing desk. Today, it's possible to find a similar desk like the one pictured but it's sold as laptop desk.

P.s. The cabinet and the terrarium are not part of the desk

P.s. Yes, I refinished the desk a few years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-img_20130902_140400_1.jpg  

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-20130903_072711.jpg
    Overcast morning.
    Note 2, no special software.
    Galaxy Note 2 <~ OG EVO 4G <~ HTC Fuze <~ HTC3125 <~ Motorola Something

HTC One cam with no edits of my Sony headphones.
    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-1378240407993.jpg  

Art History and Android

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-img_20130901_154127.jpg

Taken with a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition, no editing.

My second entry for the last week of the contest
    Last edited by Google_Superuser; 09-03-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    gumbygillyweed likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Post for week 2. As mentioned in my last post, this is a picture of the one room schoolhouse on the Eastern Washington University campus. Shot with a Nexus 4 and processed in Snapseed to give it a dated feel.

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-img_20130823_171011_1-1-.jpg
    RandallMeek likes this.

Week 2 entry,
    Taken with HTC one, polished with snapseed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    RandallMeek likes this.

ROM
    epinter's cm10 (Atrix 4G)

(week two submission)

I saw Doc in the DeLorean a couple weeks back. I think the other passenger is checking out the sports almanac

Taken with Note II, G+ enhanced
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-doc.jpg  

Enjoying another day in my Computer Science class!
    Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-20130830_122220.jpg

Taken with HTC One S with no special software just

Back into this little world - school ain't so bad, on those afternoons.
    Nexus 4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-quadtinyplan.jpg  

Week 2 entry. I miss the summer holidays and the beach!

Full size version:

Taken on stock HTC one S
    Location is Corsica
    Edited via adobe lightroom

This is the new Gateway at Madison College. I took the photo with my LG Optimus S and edited it using Paper Camera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-20130422_175625.jpg

Old thunderbird, taken with my Galaxy Note 2, edited in Lightroom 5 (contrast boost)

Hi, this is a picture of my school (XL LO z oddziałami dwujęzycznymi im. Stefana Żeromskiego w Warszawie) that I have been attending for the last 2 years and will be attending for this 1 last year. This year I am taking my matriculation and a chromebook pixel would certainly help with various school projects and so that I am not distracted. hope that this picture conveys the feeling of this school.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, running Stock Samsung Jelly Bean which is the worst update in history (extremely slow, complaints about it on XDA everywhere)
    Camera: Stock Samsung camera
    Software: I used Photoshop Touch to introduce a light, warm fitting filter and aviary for another, more complex filter. Light was touched-up in Photoshop Touch. I also used PicsArt to introduce a 1 pixel all-side black border around it.

I hope that I win this contest, next year I will be heading off to university (if all goes according to plan) for mathematics. I believe a chromebook pixel would greatly increase my chances of getting in to the ones I want and help me greatly with the degree (mathematics) I want to study. As for the phone, I just can't live with my current one. Worst part is is that I will have to still use it for another 4 years, that is until I have finished uni.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-picsart_1378309619967.jpg  

Taken with galaxy s4, at the Indianapolis international airport as my twins were flying back home to Texas to start school. Loved the stain glass windows.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-uploadfromtaptalk1378316248039.jpg   Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-uploadfromtaptalk1378316287147.jpg  

Attachment 79430

I took this pic last year at a place called Khandala station in India using my Motorola Defy MB525, was gonna post the instagram version of this pic but my Defy has fallen for the deadly random reboot sickness which this model suffers from and I lost all my data.

My friends and I were heading out to start our trek at Dukes Nose near this place. Along the way we had to cross over to the other side by using the foot over bridge. Just as we entered the station, this baby approached us from the opposite side and came to a standstill right in front of me. My friends are pro-photographers but this pic I took lazily turned out to be the best of it all.

I say this because the trip was an unforgettable one. We never did make our destination. We got lost on the way And as you can see from the picture, it was raining cats and dogs. But thats the beauty of hill stations here. They are amazing in the rains! We ended up enjoying and taking tons of photographs along the way (granted after a certain point we told not to take pics of a nearby place as it was the Navy's training ground ...no kidding). It was adventure in itself.

The fun thing that makes it even more endearing to us is that we decided to finally complete it this year. And this time we took a car instead of the bus+train route. Turns out the place from where we called it quits last year turned back to go home was just a 100 metres or so away from the actual base of our trek!!!!! It was so funny. What made it more special was the fact that after completing the trek we realised that the peak was too steep to climb in the rains. Oh and once again we got lost...but not for long.... we just ended up next door at Duchess Peak 8).

Nothing beats a trek where you climb to the peak and in the background you hear the Navy guys firing away at the firing range. For something that should have been one the easiest treks we have undertaken, it took us almost 2 years and twice the fun to complete it.

And this picture just brings back all those memories.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-img_20120811_104628-1-.jpg  

Taken with Nexus 4, enhanced with Snapseed

Taken with a Motorola Atrix HD.
    I'm not in school and don't have any kids in school, but back to school season for me means the end of summer. Colder nights, early sunsets, and one last getaway before fall.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-dusk.jpg
    Last edited by scott983; 09-05-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    gROM 2.1

This was taken on a recent trip to Gatlinburg, TN with my wife and month old daughter! It was taken with my Galaxy Nexus' photo sphere and edited in Snapseed. This is from the Overlook looking over Gatlinburg towards Clingman's Dome, the highest point in the Smokies. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Back to school-pano_20130815_125001_1.jpg