Weekly Photo Contest: Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
2013-08-25 19.09.50.jpg

Sounders FC vs. Portland Timbers, taken with the Motorola Droid Maxx

With the major US leagues of baseball, football and soccer all going and both school and little league sports getting into swing, now's the perfect time of year to show off your sports photography. Whether you're going to be at a massive professional sporting event or just watching your child's sports practice, there are plenty of opportunities.

We want to see the best pictures you can take that meet the topic of "sports" this week.

Just like the last contest, we're opening up and offering prizes to two winners this week. And although the contest is only set to run for one week, we've got some big prizes to give away. Two lucky winners this week will get their hands on an NVIDIA Shield prize package consisting of:

• An NVIDIA Shield device
  • Official carrying case
  • 64GB microSD card
  • An extra piano black badge
  • A Parrot AR Drone 2.0

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (September 24) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine ? this is art.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.
  • This week's contest is only open to those in the US ? sorry international folks.

Good luck, everyone!

Holden7

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was inspired by the Seattle Sounders shot, so I thought I'd throw in one of my own. This is the Emerald City Supporters showing their scarves before a Sounders match. Shot with the original Droid Razr, no effects.View attachment 81965

str8sNUTS

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Taken with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

1st Round of the NCAA Tournament last year in Dayton, OH (Indiana vs. James Madison). Great seats, and an awesome experience. Shame I didn't know I was going to use the pic in this contest, might have stood up so I didn't have Mr. Grey Hair in the shot.

IMG_20130322_173437.jpg

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
here is my shot. taken on Galaxy nexus in photosphere mode (cropped to make normal image) edited in the stock gallery app.
Detroit Tigers Pre-season game in Lakeland FL.
IMG_20130918_163225.JPG

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, I didn't have any actual good photos from sporting events, so I decided to go crazy with one that I took the other week at a Nationals game here in DC.

Taken with my Evo4G LTE and edited in Picasa.

Sports1.JPG

jhotmann

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
IMG_20130824_154146.jpg

This photo taken during the USA Pro Challenge Leg 6 as the cyclists raced towards the finish in Fort Collins.

Nexus 4
Stock 4.3 camera in "Action" scene mode.

dmedesha

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Starting grid, FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2013, Monza. Taken with VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus, JB 4.2.2; Wondershare Panorama for Android v1.5.1

Pano_0023.jpg

rub2008

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
2013-08-26 09.06.48.jpg

Evo 4g LTE Stock Camera App

Down at the Florida Keys about to go Kayaking when the weather turned bad. I guess we wait............:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888