Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weekly Photo Contest: Time

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-zoom-sample15.jpg

Clock tower, taken with the Galaxy S4 Zoom

With the popularity of the Galaxy Gear and Pebble smartwatch, among others, we wanted to have a very topical contest this week. The prompt for your photo entries for the next week will be "time." Take a picture of a clock, watch, sundial or anything else you think expresses the concept of "time" and we'll hopefully pick you as a winner this week.

This week we'll be picking two winners, and this week's prizes (appropriately) will be two Pebble smartwatches you get your choice of red or black.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (October 8) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine this is art.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by 2:
    Ry, peliner and n1md4 like this.

Default Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Time

I took this picture last summer with my Samsung Skyrocket in Berlin. This is Schloss Charlottenburg. No filters or effects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-20120602_111406.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    tony bag o donuts and DAS like this.

Nexus 7 (Yeah I know a tablet) its the only android device I have. no filters or anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-img_20131002_202908.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    bumpandrun and Thomas Ferris like this.

ROM
    Stock 2.2 on both!!!

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-img_20130731_113935.jpg
    I took this picture of a mini waterfall while at Las Vegas and no filters were added.. It was so hot people made profit from selling water bottles on the street!
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 running Cyanogenmod 10.1
    Camera: Stock Cyanogenmod camera based off of stock camera (not focal)
    Last edited by Stefan Petit-Freres; 10-03-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-gwc.jpg
    Trying to calculate groundwater contaminants movements using Samsung S3 as stop watch and a camera.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

This is awesome!

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-img_20131002_205304.jpg
    Taken with nexus 10
    Used stock camera app with stock camera editing options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-img_20131002_205304.jpg  

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

So as well as being an Android nut, I'm a HUGE watch geek. Here is a picture of my precious Vostok Amphibia, oftentimes lovingly referred to as the "Scuba Dude." It's a 31 Jewel, Russian made Automatic watch. I have it on a NATO strap, and I customized the bezel from the original design by replacing it with a custom machined one. It might not be the prettiest watch in the world, but it's nearly invincible, great for swimming, and has a certain Russian "charm" to it.

The photo was taken on my HTC Droid DNA, and I used PicSay Pro to crop, blur, and colorize the image. This has to be my favorite watch in my collection:

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-scubadudeart.jpg
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoom-sample15.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	84134

Clock tower, taken with the Galaxy S4 Zoom

With the popularity of the Galaxy Gear and Pebble smartwatch, among others, we wanted to have a very topical contest this week. The prompt for your photo entries for the next week will be "time." Take a picture of a clock, watch, sundial or anything else you think expresses the concept of "time" and we'll hopefully pick you as a winner this week.

This week we'll be picking two winners, and this week's prizes (appropriately) will be two Pebble smartwatches you get your choice of red or black.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (October 8) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine this is art.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

One of the clocks in our house that I always thought was really cool. HTC One with some touch ups in Pixlr. Weekly Photo Contest: Time-imag0050_20131002205857113.jpg

Racing against time. Singapore F1 2013, taken with HTC One stock camera, no filters.

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-2013-09-21-21.39.05.jpg

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Taken with my nexus 4 and touched up with native android editing app.

G-Shock is a brand of watches manufactured by Casio, known for its resistance to shocks (e.g. hard knocks and strong vibrations). They are designed primarily for sports, military and outdoor adventure oriented activity; virtually all G-Shocks have some kind of stopwatch feature, countdown timer, light and water resistance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-1380766152575.jpg  

I have taken this photo last year, with my galaxy s2 and without editing it. That's the oldest working astronomical clock in the world; the Prague astronomical clock.
    The upper part is the clock/planetarium, while below we have the calendar. Time and position of our galaxy... taken by a Galaxy :-P
    I suggest everyone to go in that city at least once in your life. Prague is made of pure magic! (and the beer quality/price is quite amazing too ahah)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-20120322_165228.jpg  
    jdot104, mrbanks, Shon123 and 1 others like this.

Taken with my Galaxy Nexus and edited with Snapseed.

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-img_20121212_121335_0.jpg
    mrbanks likes this.

Taken with my HTC DNA. No editing was used.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-1380769243846.jpg  

TIME for the Nexus 5 to come out.. #4:40 p.m. (kitkat) -- by S3 Mini..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-1380769708546.jpg  

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Took this picture with my Moto X. Had to have HDR on. No camera software update yet since I'm on Verizon.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-1380770825410.jpg  
    @workMakin$
    mrbanks likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-nature-pic.jpg

I took this with my Nexus 4 while on my morning walk in Mount Bennell.

Galaxy Nexus:

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-2013-07-23-14.31.25.jpg

I have a soft spot for visible watch movements. My old (broken) watch on bottom, and a watch I picked up recently to replace it. I took this photo with my Nexus 4
    Weekly Photo Contest: Time-img_20131003_000810.jpg
    mrbanks likes this.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Taken on my HTC One
    Tick Tock the clock never stops!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Time-uploadfromtaptalk1380775738433.jpg  
    Last edited by ne0ne; 10-03-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    mrbanks likes this.

Nexus 4 edited with AviaryWeekly Photo Contest: Time-img_20131002_094320-1-.jpg
    mrbanks and n1md4 like this.

Took this with my galaxy S4. Early morning run at the Lincoln memorial

Posted via Android Central App

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-2002-12-08-12.00.00-15-copy.jpg

Omega Speedmaster Professional "Snoopy" - Limited Edition taken with me NEXUS 4.... no filters
    Thanked by:

Weekly Photo Contest: Time-img_20131003_012540.jpg
    Practicing my script writing with my Glass on.

Taken with a 2013 Nexus 7.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast