Weekly Photo Contest: Transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-transportation.jpg
United Express. Taken with the Nexus 4.

Planes, trains and automobiles ? we're always moving around for one reason or another. At least around this time of year, we're more likely to be traveling than not. "Transportation" is the prompt for this week's photo contest, but that doesn't have to mean a big hunk of metal moving at high speeds ? we all get around more modestly sometimes. If you think about it, there are plenty of ways to express the concept of "transportation."

This week we'll have a single winner for the contest, and for their efforts they'll receive a Sony Cyber-shot QX10 lens camera accessory.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (December 10) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine ? this is art.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Taken with an LG G2. Nothing altered. Running is my method of transportation and this is my companion on every run. It has taken me to new heights and places I would never see if I didn't have them. From the hills of Griffith Park, the dust of Cross Country City Finals, and the pain-staking 26.2 miles Dodger Stadium to the Sea (LA marathon) these babies have been there with me. It has logged over 700 miles.
CAM00049.jpg

Last edited:

deltatux

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
614435_3265198682991_90811590_o.jpg

Nexus S - My new ride when it was still brand spanking new last year =). Pretty great camera quality for a Nexus S I must say =P.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Taken with an HTC One, edited in Instagram. The EXIF may be stripped, but I only use Android, so yeah.

Landing home in Salt Lake City this past summer. I travel a lot and have thousands of pics but I've always like this one.

LyU9PYA.jpg

Justs

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Winter landing in Denver coming home from London. HTC EVO 4G. Stock camera app. No Editing, just the natural beauty of the Mile High :)

London (408).jpg

Lil21kev

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
20131204_211509_2.jpg Classic and iconic shoe with an updated twist, everyone uses their feet to get around and what better way to do it than in a Jack Parcell Converse. Taken with my Galaxy tab 10.1 2014 using Snapseed to edit it.

ccontard

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
9680752263_f9cc5453a4.jpg

I got this shot early on a September morning at Denver International Airport as I was preparing to head out on a trip. Not much activity yet, but they were definitely getting ready for the first push of United Express arrivals.

Taken with my Nexus 4 with no editing.

andrewwardell

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
2013-12-05 05.56.24 1.jpg

Way back there at the end of the carpark is my trusty Nissan Stagea. I've had her since 2008 and she's gotten my family and friends everywhere we've needed to go every time with no fuss. Photo taken in Dunedin, NZ on the roof of a local parking building this evening using an HTC One and VSCO Cam. I would have taken a close-up, but the old girl needs a bit of a wash which I haven't had time to do (new parent).

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Season is just about to start so i decided to bring up some memories from last year....I just love skiing
IMG_20121223_155011.jpg
Taken with my retired Alcatel OT-991 without any editing.

Attachments

• 20130823_105952.jpg
    20130823_105952.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 25

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
IMAG0090.jpg

"Top Off"

this was taken with my HTC Incredible and given a little edge glow with Photoshop CS6 Extended. Aircraft involved were a F/A 18 Hornet and a KC-135R Stratotanker.
I snapped this shot back in July of 2010 during a mission where we were taking the Blue Angels from the lower 48 up to Alaska. show offs loved to do formations off the wingtip the whole way there for those of us inside taking pictures haha. point of view is from the #2 observation window in the boom pod of a KC-135R. most of the time on missions, i took a lot of shots with my real camera, but was quite impressed at the quality of the Incredible's camera for the time. i figured i would give it a whirl lol. hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.