Holiday Photo Contest: Android mini collectible giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Holiday-contest-3.jpg

'Tis the holiday season, and we're ready to give away more prizes with this photo contest than we regularly do. Because it's the holiday time of year, we're going to extend our normal photo contest to a full two weeks, going from today all the way to December 26th.

We'll still be taking photo submissions in the same way as before, via the forums, and the prompt for this contest will of course be "holidays" — whatever that means to you or whatever way you want to express it is fine, you'll be entered into the contest.

We'll be giving away one random Android mini collectible figurine every single day of the contest for those who enter that day — that means 14 mini collectibles will be given away over the course of the contest. We'll "close" entries for the day at 12am ET / 9pm PT each day (the end of tomorrow, Dec. 12th, will be the first giveaway), and announce a winner each night on the blog and show off the picture that won that day's prize.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner each night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per contest per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Only one entry per week? So that's only two chances to win :(

That's actually a typo from our usual contest. There's one entry per person per contest allowed. We need people that take great pictures to not get lost in a flood of people posting over and over again :) . There are photo contests running every week, we want to see as many people as possible win!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Good point hehe So that brings down the chances to one. :p But still, I agree... I rather see a bunch of good pictures than the same pictures posted over and over and the same person posting multiple ones over the weeks.

Here's my entry :) Taken at Tokyo Sky Tree with a Galaxy Note 3, no filters, Auto Night settings (and two or three shots of cold Sake on top).
20131208_174330.jpg

jen.c

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
2013-10-21 01.57.30.jpg

The dinner roll was much too hard to eat, but the wood-like consistency made it an excellent medium for sculpting with a butter knife. Illumination was from a small keychain light, camera was an HTC One, no editing or enhancements.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
2yryqaza.jpg

This holiday season I surprised my girlfriend and asked her to marry me. This photo means so much to me because it really captures what matters most. Captured on my nexus 4!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Panama canal taken with galaxy s4 and run through snapseed using tilt filter
4ytemu6u.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Alena Tarpley

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 96328
I took this photo on my Samsung Sky Rocket, I just edited it with the effects available through Instagram. I just finished college and am visiting my dad for the holidays, we did the lights on the house, something we haven't been able to do in years! Felt great, hot Ft. Lauderdale sun in December!

Rruz07

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I took this photo at one of the holiday parties at my work. It was taken with my Moto X and no filters were used.

Attachments

• HolidayParty.jpg
    HolidayParty.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 45

Adam Vickers

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
2012-07-14 09.25.40.jpg

Unedited photo from my favourite camera phone, HTC One V.

Photo is taken on an island called Phu Quoc, part of Vietnam, though sits below Cambodia. The photo captured the pace of our holiday, taking it easier like the happy beach side cows.

Kyle_Robinson

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
This is me. Santa. I'm sat relaxing before the big rush on the 25th hohoho.
I took this with my Galaxy Note 3 hohoho :D

- - - Updated - - -

No idea why its uploaded it sideways :-/

Attachments

• 20131207_173325.jpg
    20131207_173325.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 38

paparock6969

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Went to do a job, and in the customer's yard I saw this fountain frozen over. Temps in the area were in the 20's and teens for over a week.
Taken with my GS3, no filters.

Attachments

• 20131207_113519.jpg
    20131207_113519.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 38

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Picking up Bike, Harley Fatboy Lo after service. It has was heavy overcast and threatening rain all day.

Moto X - KitKat - no enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech