Weekly Photo Contest: Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Lights.jpg

Las Vegas strip. Taken with the Nexus 5 in HDR+ mode.

Between our extensive Holiday Photo Contest and the business around CES, it's been a while since we've had a regular photo contest. We're ready to get back on schedule, and are kicking things off again with a regular week-long photo contest. Considering that we just returned from a week in Las Vegas, we thought it was fitting to have the prompt this week be "lights." There's a whole lot you can do with such a broad topic, and we're looking forward to the entries that come out of it.

This week we're picking three winners, each of which will receive a pair of SOL Republic Jax headphones in your choice of color.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (January 21) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine ? this is art.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ooooooh, I love shooting lights. This shot below I took of a Christmas light on my tree with my Nexus 4. I turned the HDR mode on and the exposure all the way up and was trying to get a good macro shot of the red light bulb barely visible in the picture but ended up capturing something completely unnatural and abstract, but still slightly reminiscent of a christmas bulb on the end of a spruce branch. I edited it in the AOSP gallery app to enhance the colors. Hope you like it.
IMG_20131207_173211.jpg

Last edited:

surebob

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
IMAG0087_ZOE_018_1.jpg
This photo is a frame capture from a Zoe taken on my HTC One. Taken at a music festival in Las Vegas last year. No other edits were made.

Last edited:

hollywould

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
8azeqy8u.jpg

Was their visiting family for the holidays. Taken with my Galaxy Note 3.

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
lights.JPG

A picture of the new Rutgers Business School building that I attend. Shot with a Galaxy Nexus prior to getting my Moto X. Edited with snapseed. Unfortunately I had to crop it from Instagram since I don't have the original so it looks worse than usual. Just figured I'd throw it out here though!

ILLmatic173

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Heres a picture i took with my old samsung galaxy S2 in balboa park in san diego..i like how the lights came out in this picture maybe some of you will too..i fixed it up abit with snapseed

20130916_194435_1.jpg

May 24, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20140115_194137.jpg

Taken with my Galaxy Nexus (yes, the one with the sub-par camera) at World of Color at the Disneyland Resort. Edited with the built in photo editor in Android 4.2.2.

pajamas95

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The Queen Mary taken from the Catalina Express with my Nexus 5. No editing except for Google's Auto Awesome. Not very good, but the best I could find right now.

IMG_20131122_191156.jpg

disney4life2005

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
CAM02451_1.jpg My girls trying to turn off the Osborne Family Spectical of Dancing Lights. This was taken with my LG G2 and a little help with Snapseed

Attachments

• CAM02451_1.jpg
    CAM02451_1.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 23

edevine9

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung s3
Rooted
CyanogenMod 10.2
Android 4.3
Stock camera no effects, no filters and no flash

Thought I'd share the view from a favorite place to chill. On the rooftop looking over Tompkins sq park facing NW. the leaves have all fallen with winters arrival. I don't want to get all GoT on you all but it looks pretty epic out there tonight. The low clouds around midtown and the bare trees in the park. It's a beat up s3 camera but it gets the vibe of my neighborhood just right.

Attachments

• IMG_20140115_230406.jpg
    IMG_20140115_230406.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 22

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
PANO_20131206_183527.jpg this is over 2 million lights layed out around a big Lake. Called Christmas reflections cause they reflect off the lake. I turned it into a small world with the nexus 4. Thx

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not finding the link to upload my snap!!

If you're posting from the desktop, Post as usual, but go to the "Go Advanced" button. It will then expand out to show the Attachment section. Click "Manage Attachments", and it's self-explanatory from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary