Weekly Photo Contest: Architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
2014-02-23 16.51.18.jpg

Historic Barcelona. Taken with the Nexus 5.

If you stop for a moment and look around, no matter where you are there's surely some brilliant feats of architecture that you can appreciate. Whether you're looking at a hand-crafted barn made of wood or a 30-story building made of metal and concrete, you can see what keeps our buildings, bridges and infrastructure standing and functional. This week's photo contest is building on that idea with the prompt "architecture," hoping to have you take your best shots of the buildings around you.

Your photo is going to be the cream of the crop this week to win a prize, as we're going to be picking just a single winner to receive a SuperTooth Disco 4 Bluetooth speaker for their entry.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (April 8) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine ? this is art.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

WRodas23

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The Vendome in Dallas. Taken with my HTC EVO 4G LTE, edited with the Pixlr Express app.

The Vendome is a luxury high-rise condo tower that features some European flair.
IMAG0670_1.jpg

lrn2swim

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
2013-11-04 13.44.04edit 2.jpg

EVO LTE, Picture of the "The Black Church" on the Snaefellsnes peninsula in Iceland.

edited in the letterboxing with Picasa

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
IMG_20130522_104116.jpg architecture at its finest, rows n lines n a praying mantis post home. tomato garden of the year. taken with the n4.

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20130815_135854.jpg
Stata Center, MIT, Cambridge, MA, Galaxy S3, edited/cropped in Google+ Photos

Last edited:

Damien_Starr

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
When you reply to the post click on attachment to add the picture looks like a photo being cropped. Do it from a desktop our request desktop site from your phone

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Photo taken with my Google Nexus 5 and lightly edited with Pixlr Express. This is an abandoned house I found on a highway somewhere near Orlando, Florida. My girlfriend and I were driving there for the weekend when I spotted this old beauty and nearly slammed on the breaks to pull over. She was a good sport and hopped a fence with me to grab some pictures!

Attachments

• androidcentral.jpg
    androidcentral.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 34

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The Colosseum in Rome, taken with my old Droid X and edited with Aviary

vade4uva.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.