Weekly Photo Contest: Focus and Blur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Google-Camera-Lens-Blur-11.jpg

Restroom arrow. Taken with the Nexus 5 in Lens Blur mode.

With today's release of the Google Camera app, more than a few people are thinking about the great things that are possible with camera hardware and software in today's leading smartphones. You have more options than ever to take amazingly crisp and clear pictures, or selectively apply an artistic blur to them if you see fit. For that reason we're making this week's photo contest prompt "Focus and Blur" — and whether it's an amazingly sharp and in-focus shot or a smoothed-out picture with a shallow depth-of-field, we can't wait to see entries this week.

True to the spirit of what this contest is looking to do, we're going to give away a prize that is capable of taking some beautifully sharp and selectively defocused pictures — an HTC One M8 Google Play edition ! We have just one to give away, so make that picture count!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (April 22) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
A photo of my favorite watch, taken with my Xperia Z1s and cropped/edited in PicSay Pro.

watchblur.jpg

Last edited:

kdh0324

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This was taken with an HTC One (M8). Only editing I used was a black/white filter and the unfocus tool in the phones photo editing software.

IMAG0072_1_1.jpg

Hans Pedersen

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Taken with a Galaxy S2 set to macro mode... The rain did most of the blurring job, though... :)
2011-07-24%2013.28.01.jpg

Edit: is it me or is the image function broken?

xdiexsectx

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to upload a picture and it says I don't have permission, I'm a member of the forum and have no idea why it's saying that, help?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
yhu8ygy9.jpg

Taken last year with my brand new s4. The defocus was total luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith