Weekly Photo Contest: Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Yellow.jpg

Fire hydrant. Taken with the Samsung Galaxy S5.

We're back to a standard photo contest, building on a single topic that gives you a wide range of subject options that fit your style. This week's prompt is "yellow," so we're looking for pictures that are dominant in that color ? beyond that, the choice of subject and style is up to you. We've done plenty of wide-open contests before with amazing results, so we can't wait to see the pictures that come in this week.

After a huge giveaway last week, we're settling back down to our usual setup of giving smaller prizes to more winners. This week, we're picking out three winning photos to each receive a $50 ShopAndroid gift card!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (April 29) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine ? this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story ? we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

jamie stevens

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 no flash no HDR just point and shoot. Bored at a bar ironically with my two brothers
5u4hfs.jpg

Last edited:

Terminatorbob

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
a9u9asyv.jpg

Just a photo of a house that I snapped while in Dominican Republic a couple months ago.

Taken with a Galaxy Note 3 and edited in Snapseed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Terminatorbob

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
When using Tapatalk is it better to upload the picture as a "IMAGE" or a "attachment"? Is there a difference in quality?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

joshravn

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The bugs were so small I had to improvise with my Nexus 5 and a pocket magnifying lens I had on me from a biology lesson, the lens gives the soft effect and really adds to the picture IMO, it was quite refreshing to have to improvise with what I had at the time and that's why I like this picture so muchIMG_20140402_155430~2.jpg

mrsjag

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
IMAG0873_2_1.jpg

This bench was outside brown, sad and boring....Now it's Yellow, Bight and cheery!
Took the picture with my Red HTC ONE (M7) and used the auto enhance effect.

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
PicsArt_1398297027753.jpg
This is a picture of my son on the summer of 2013 we were walking in Queens new York when we saw a fire hydrant. The picture was taken with a HTC mytouch 4g edited with picsart.

jakeuten

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
yellow.jpg
taken on galaxy s3 (at&t variant) edited with instagram filter, i don't remember which one this was from last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.