Weekly Photo Contest: Concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Concrete.jpg

Stonehenge replica. Taken with the Nexus 5.

We recently did a photo contest about bricks, and now we're moving to another commonly-used construction material — concrete. It may not always be the prettiest of materials out there, but we're sure you'll be able to take some pretty fantastic "concrete" photos this week. It doesn't just have to be a shot straight down at the sidewalk you're walking down — get creative with this one.

We'll be picking out two winners again this week to take home prizes, which will be awesome Android Central Swag Bags!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (June 3) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

rpmm70

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
4eru7uge.jpg

Taken with my Galaxy Nexus and I did some minor editing to brighten up the picture and crop it down a bit.

This is from Gas Works Park in Seattle.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Weird how I can upload pictures anywhere but this thread error "could not upload attachment"

I have not long finished uploading on the Z2 forums.

Oh well nevermind lol

Posted via Android Central App

Kraizk

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Banner Photo.jpg

HTC One (M7) I work for a concrete construction company.... This is one of our projects over by the Golden Gate Bridge. While there is Concrete in the background the main focus here is on what it takes to actually build the concrete structures we all see on a regular basis.

housetube

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Device: LG Optimus G (I've moved on to the Nexus 5 now though).
Editing: tilt shift with Snapseed.
CAM00340_0.jpg

wiebs84

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
For AC.jpg

This picture was taken with my Verizon Nexus and was edited with Instagram. This was taken at the Morse Red Line stop in Chicago. I took it shortly after I discovered Instagram and was playing around and learning the features.

crachor

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
image_1.jpg
So I worked at a youth camp last summer, and we had a "staff night" at the go-kart track at night with water balloons/buckets. I was at a corner just monitoring when I got this shot. Taken on a Razr M and edited on snapseed - not much enhancement at all, just bringing out some of the color tones, shadows and brightness.

RammerXMG

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Slug crawling on wet concrete after a morning rain. I happened upon this humongous slug crawling across the wet concrete parking lot at work after a morning downpour. Taken with my Galaxy S3, run through Perfectly Clear to auto correct then cropped with Pixlr Express.

Attachments

• 20140523_075215_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    20140523_075215_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 53

lunodfox

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I recently moved house and can't figure out why they put a concrete path in the garden that leads to a fence... No room for a shed or anything.
Taken on Nexus 5, no editing.

Posted via Android Central Appp
HSeXLyR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.