Weekly Photo Contest: Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Blue.jpg
City feeling blue on the water. Taken with a OnePlus One.

Following the emphatic response we saw to our previous photo contest, yellow, we're going to go ahead with another color-based theme this week with "blue." Whether it's the water down at your local lake, some colorful fruit at a market or maybe a nice car you see on the street, we're sure there will be more options to take this week's picture than you can shake a stick at

For their entries this week, we'll be giving away a Samsung 3100mAh Portable Battery Pack to two winners of this contest.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (June 17) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Philippe Pessotti

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I took this photo with my T-Moble LG G2. It is edited on snapseed. The photo shows water droplets on the hood of my friends car (2014 Hyundai Veloster) right after a light rain shower.
IMG_20140515_164429_1-1.jpg

dcstuntman

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
"Tiny Planet, Big Bubble"
This is a 360 degree panorama, made up of about 50 individual photos stitched in phone. I was surprised by the blue edges at one point during my edits, and liked the effect of having this Tiny Planet inside a bubble. I took this with my Samsung Note 3. Used the Google Camera App, Photosphere Mode, Snapseed, Tiny Planet FX Pro, and G+ editing tools.
IMG_20140528_123722_1.jpg

Last edited:

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Just the first scene i saw when my wife and I got off our cruise ship in the Bahamas. Took the picture with a GS4, with a slight help from Auto Awesome on G+

20131115_161723.jpg

JTIII

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Updated this image to clean it up a bit. The keyboard, not the picture. The keyboard was pretty dirty before, which showed as yellow specs. After I posted it, the yellow was all I could see. This image was taken with a Nexus 5 with HDR+. I Used photoshop to reduce the size to conform with forum limits, and to darken a fairly bright artifact in the upper right corner. Otherwise, untouched.
BlueContest_JTIII.jpg

Last edited:

Rockman501

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
pe4u3ezu.jpg

Taken with Nexus 7 2013, no edits, stock camera app

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

icedog55124

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 122762
City feeling blue on the water. Taken with a OnePlus One.

Following the emphatic response we saw to our previous photo contest, yellow, we're going to go ahead with another color-based theme this week with "blue." Whether it's the water down at your local lake, some colorful fruit at a market or maybe a nice car you see on the street, we're sure there will be more options to take this week's picture than you can shake a stick at

For their entries this week, we'll be giving away a Samsung 3100mAh Portable Battery Pack to two winners of this contest.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (June 17) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

MFR118

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The U.S.S. Constitution making a return into Boston Harbor. Old Ironsides made a voyage on June 6, 2014 in recognition of D Day.
I took this pic with my Nexus 5, edited using Google+ photo editing.IMG_20140606_121839.jpg

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
2014-06-06 12.23.01 1.jpg
Visited the aquarium the other day and had fun. There was a family in front of this fish tank thingy and I had to take a picture. It came out nice.
Taken with the HTC Evo 4g LTE, edited with VSCOCam.

Coollok100

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
image.jpg

A silhouetted picture, take with my Nexus 4 using the (old) stock camera app. Edited with Google Photos. Apologies for the noisiness (I did try to reduce it a little), but let's just say that the camera on the Nexus 4 is far from the best in the world.

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
a4uby2u5.jpg

This was taken at family trip to the Scottish deer centre where they have daily bird shows. This was one of them I managed to capture taking off from the perch. I used my Galaxy Note 3 to do it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

JonnyUK1

May 3, 2014
Visit site
2014-04-15 15.58.02.jpg

Taken from my galaxy s5.
Zero filters were used.
Was out with my family for a walk on a rare warm say and i spotted the opportunity to get a nice picture of the ocean to show other family members nothing special really.

BizzyB

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Taken at Queen's Bath in Kauai with Galaxy Note 3 in HDR mode. The waves were crashing extremely high that day so you had to be careful not to get swept out to sea. I tested my luck and actually got in the water. It was quite the exciting, yet scary experience, being on the edge of the ocean with waves crashing over your head. If you went out, there was no way you were getting back in. My fiance and I had just gotten engaged the day before on the cliffs at the top of the Awa’awapuhi Trail.

20131107_165415_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463