Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree345Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weekly Photo Contest: Blue

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-weekly-photo-contest-blue.jpg
    City feeling blue on the water. Taken with a OnePlus One.

Following the emphatic response we saw to our previous photo contest, yellow, we're going to go ahead with another color-based theme this week with "blue." Whether it's the water down at your local lake, some colorful fruit at a market or maybe a nice car you see on the street, we're sure there will be more options to take this week's picture than you can shake a stick at

For their entries this week, we'll be giving away a Samsung 3100mAh Portable Battery Pack to two winners of this contest.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (June 17) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
    • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    ILLmatic173 and Kevin Oates like this.

Default Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Blue

I took this photo with my T-Moble LG G2. It is edited on snapseed. The photo shows water droplets on the hood of my friends car (2014 Hyundai Veloster) right after a light rain shower.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-img_20140515_164429_1-1.jpg
    Thanked by 3:

"Tiny Planet, Big Bubble"
    This is a 360 degree panorama, made up of about 50 individual photos stitched in phone. I was surprised by the blue edges at one point during my edits, and liked the effect of having this Tiny Planet inside a bubble. I took this with my Samsung Note 3. Used the Google Camera App, Photosphere Mode, Snapseed, Tiny Planet FX Pro, and G+ editing tools.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-img_20140528_123722_1.jpg
    Last edited by dcstuntman; 06-13-2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: clarify panorama
    Thanked by 2:

Just the first scene i saw when my wife and I got off our cruise ship in the Bahamas. Took the picture with a GS4, with a slight help from Auto Awesome on G+

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-20131115_161723.jpg
    munnarg, dameon_03, UJ95x and 3 others like this.

Updated this image to clean it up a bit. The keyboard, not the picture. The keyboard was pretty dirty before, which showed as yellow specs. After I posted it, the yellow was all I could see. This image was taken with a Nexus 5 with HDR+. I Used photoshop to reduce the size to conform with forum limits, and to darken a fairly bright artifact in the upper right corner. Otherwise, untouched.
    Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-bluecontest_jtiii.jpg
    Last edited by JTIII; 06-11-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-image.jpg

Nexus 4 + vsco cam. Huskvarna, Sweden.
    Madd54 likes this.

Taken in Turkey on a recent vacation. Photo was captured with my LG G2 unedited.

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-20140602_154945.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 and jooles18 like this.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Taken with Nexus 7 2013, no edits, stock camera app

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    troshs and Madd54 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weekly-Photo-Contest-Blue.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	644.6 KB 
ID:	122762
    City feeling blue on the water. Taken with a OnePlus One.

Following the emphatic response we saw to our previous photo contest, yellow, we're going to go ahead with another color-based theme this week with "blue." Whether it's the water down at your local lake, some colorful fruit at a market or maybe a nice car you see on the street, we're sure there will be more options to take this week's picture than you can shake a stick at

For their entries this week, we'll be giving away a Samsung 3100mAh Portable Battery Pack to two winners of this contest.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (June 17) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
    • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-imag0051.jpg

Shot With the Droid DNA at night. Tinkered with in Google+ Photos.

The U.S.S. Constitution making a return into Boston Harbor. Old Ironsides made a voyage on June 6, 2014 in recognition of D Day.
    I took this pic with my Nexus 5, edited using Google+ photo editing.Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-img_20140606_121839.jpg
    jwseris and Madd54 like this.

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-2014-06-06-12.23.01-1.jpg
    Visited the aquarium the other day and had fun. There was a family in front of this fish tank thingy and I had to take a picture. It came out nice.
    Taken with the HTC Evo 4g LTE, edited with VSCOCam.

Nice pic

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-image.jpg

A silhouetted picture, take with my Nexus 4 using the (old) stock camera app. Edited with Google Photos. Apologies for the noisiness (I did try to reduce it a little), but let's just say that the camera on the Nexus 4 is far from the best in the world.
    tDotm and carabina like this.

This was taken at family trip to the Scottish deer centre where they have daily bird shows. This was one of them I managed to capture taking off from the perch. I used my Galaxy Note 3 to do it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Running Stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Madd54 likes this.

I think the noise makes it better in a sense its more majestic and has some originality

Posted via Stock Nexus 4*

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-2014-04-15-15.58.02.jpg

Taken from my galaxy s5.
    Zero filters were used.
    Was out with my family for a walk on a rare warm say and i spotted the opportunity to get a nice picture of the ocean to show other family members nothing special really.
    Madd54 likes this.

Taken at Queen's Bath in Kauai with Galaxy Note 3 in HDR mode. The waves were crashing extremely high that day so you had to be careful not to get swept out to sea. I tested my luck and actually got in the water. It was quite the exciting, yet scary experience, being on the edge of the ocean with waves crashing over your head. If you went out, there was no way you were getting back in. My fiance and I had just gotten engaged the day before on the cliffs at the top of the Awa’awapuhi Trail.

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-20131107_165415_richtone-hdr-.jpg
    Last edited by BizzyB; 06-11-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Taken by my nexus 4, some edits, stock camera app

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    lrn2swim, Bsheedy, ezcats and 4 others like this.

My Blue elePHPant chating (Nexus5, HDR+, Pixlr filter)

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-img_20140611_211359.jpg
    Nexus5
    Andrew Martonik and Madd54 like this.

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-blue.jpg

This picture was taken at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta it is of my daughter looking up at a Whale Shark (Largest sharks in the world) swimming overhead. This picture was taken with my Samsung Galaxy S3.
    tigerpierre and Madd54 like this.

I've taken this foto with a Nexus 4 more then one year ago.
    It was a cold and (on some moments, very very) rainy night. It was full of thunders, and sometimes even lightnings.
    So i took my phone, and started shooting every 10 seconds, about 5 photos in a row.
    Took 3 wonderful pictures similiar to this, that is, in my opinion, the best
    Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-img_20130505_011330.jpg
    Last edited by antonior93; 06-11-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    talhamid and Madd54 like this.

Taken with Galaxy Note 3. No editing. Taken at El Capitan State Beach in Santa Barbara, CA

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Madd54 likes this.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Taken with my G2 stock camera + Snapseed

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    Madd54 likes this.

I plastidipped my White Genesis Coupe, Blue!!
    I think it was with my old Samsung Galaxy S4.

Weekly Photo Contest: Blue-genesis_perfect_parking3_zps9dafb252.jpg
    Last edited by ctk4949; 06-11-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast