Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weekly Photo Contest: Parks

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-weekly-photo-contest-parks.jpg

Bryant Park. Taken with the Nexus 5.

Whether it's just your neighborhood dog park or one of the many expansive national parks around the U.S. and the world, there are plenty of opportunities to go and find a great public park and take some beautiful pictures. This week the photo contest prompt is "parks," and we hope it encourages you to get out and get some fresh air at a park this week, taking some photos along the way.

We're expecting more stiff competition this week with plenty of entries, and we'll be giving away Android Mini Collectibles to four winners for their photo entries.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 1) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
    • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!
    lamunyonb and Silverwulfs like this.

Default Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Parks

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-screen-shot-2014-06-25-11.00.14-pm.png

taken with my old Droid Bionic, Edited with Instagram. Feel free to follow me there @mordekhaimov
    central park
    Paleogirl2003 and isdaako like this.

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-img_20140620_171710.jpg

Taken with my Nexus 5 using the Lens Blur mode. This version was "auto-enhanced" by Google+ photos, otherwise untouched. Our neighborhood park (where my daughter has spent many summers playing) is scheduled to be torn down to make way for new (and presumably improved) equipment. In memory of the fine service it has rendered to countless families our neighborhood association through a farewell party last week before construction began, and the depth of field blur seemed to add the right amount of gravitas to the photo.
    tmaze likes this.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Are panoramic pictures allowed?

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-imag0034.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weekly-Photo-Contest-Parks.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	914.1 KB 
ID:	125051

Bryant Park. Taken with the Nexus 5.

Whether it's just your neighborhood dog park or one of the many expansive national parks around the U.S. and the world, there are plenty of opportunities to go and find a great public park and take some beautiful pictures. This week the photo contest prompt is "parks," and we hope it encourages you to get out and get some fresh air at a park this week, taking some photos along the way.

We're expecting more stiff competition this week with plenty of entries, and we'll be giving away Android Mini Collectibles to four winners for their photo entries.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 1) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
    • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Yosemite falls. Taken at Yosemite National park. Stock LG G2. Edited with Snapseed.

Posted via Android Central App

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-image.jpg
    Pickett State Park in Tennessee taken with my Moto X and instagram
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-1403753930788.jpg  

Why does my phone keep saying " Could Not Upload Attachment"

Posted via Android Central App

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-2014-06-03-08.44.47-1.jpg
    Don't even remember the name of the little park I was in, but that skyline of New York City in the distance!
    Taken with the HTC Evo 4g LTE, edited with VSCOCam

Tenaya Lake in Yosemite N.P. Photo taken with Samsung Galaxy S3's panoramic mode, post-processing done with Snapseed.

I took this photo after a long day of day hiking in Yosemite last summer. We were on our feet all day and on our drive back to Mammoth Lakes we decided to stop off to cool our tired feet in Tenaya Lake. The ice cold water was perfect for our tired, dusty feet!

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-20130724_191540_1.jpg

Took this using my gnex on vacation in Boothbay Harbor, ME with my mom. We just stumbled across Barrett Park while on a drive and the lighting was beautiful!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-img_20130531_201120.jpg  
    Greetings, program!

Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts

I was walking around Citygarden in downtown St. Louis on my lunch break, and came across this sculpture by Bernar Venet. Taken with my Nexus 5 in HDR+ mode, with some post-editing using the Google+ Photo Editing tools.
    Happy_Gilmore_1 likes this.

Taken on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in a park in Paris... People were enjoying the sun and drinking wine. Women were sunbathing in bikinis... I love Paris!
    mrcrusha829 likes this.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

A photo of Villa Torlonia's Park of some month ago. Taken with an Xperia Z and edited with Snapseed.
    anon8380037 likes this.

"we hope it encourages you to get out and get some fresh air at a park this week, taking some photos along the way."

Nope This pic was taken from my office with an HTC One M8 (no filters, only cropping). Don't know if it counts as a park though.

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-imag0230_1.jpg

Taken at a local fishing hole a block from my house. Used a Samsung galaxy s4 with the auto fix feature and frame option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-2014-05-24-10.04.26.jpg  

Taken with my Galaxy S5 a few weeks back. This is a picture of Bellahouston park where Eminem played last year, I think the grass has finally started to grow back, all in time for this Summers gigs No editing on the picture.

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-image.jpg

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-20140610_150144.jpg
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Falls Park taken with Samsung Note 3 Panoramic Mode no editing.
    anon8380037 likes this.

My girlfriend and her dog at the dog park in Arlington, VA. I took this with my LG G2. Edited with Snapseed HDR setting. Almost looks like a video game
    Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-colleen-dog-park.jpg
    anon8380037 likes this.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-rainbow-bridge-2-.jpg

Glen Canyon National Park. Taken with a Droid Razr Maxx and edited with the basic windows photo editor.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock LG G2 / CM10 G-Nex

Cherry Creek Reservoir and Park

I took this photo while riding home through the park on a trial for bike to work day.

LG G2
    Snapseed HDR Mode
    anon8380037 and Silverwulfs like this.

Global Posts
    2,867 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock...for now

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-img_7103.jpg
    Taken just a few days ago on my Nexus 7 LTE Unlocked in Santander, Spain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-pano_20140622_155438.jpg  
    anon8380037 likes this.

Carrier
    Marshmallow!

City Park in New Orleans, taken back in May with my Nexus 4. Edited in Google Photos (just auto enhance) and cropped in Photoshop.

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-img_20140516_141053.jpg

Christ Church Meadow walk towards a flooded river Thames in February. Near Oxford city centre.
    Taken at 16/9, 9.6mp on auto with my Note 3.

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-pk-ox-1.jpg

Weekly Photo Contest: Parks-2011-11-12-13.08.53.jpg

Crandon Park, Key Biscayne FL. BBQ, sun and ocean.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast