Weekly Photo Contest: Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Height.jpg

Times Square buildings. Taken with the Nexus 5.

We're moving right along with our weekly photo contests, sticking to relatively broad topics to try and get as much participation as possible. The number of entries the past few weeks have been fantastic, and we're hoping that this week's prompt of "height" will bring in the same results. There are an uncountable number of ways to express the idea of height, and we can't wait to see what you have to show us this week.

For your effort this week you'll be put in the running to win an Android Central T-shirt, and we'll be selecting four winners this week to receive one.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 7) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

evolutionx1

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
2014-07-03 02.23.11 1.jpg

This photo was taken in February 2014 in Dubai. It was my first foreign trip and it was so nice to see such tall, amazing buildings!
Taken on a Nexus 5 with photosphere mode and edited on VSCO Cam.

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
height.jpg

Background structure is an old radio tower south of Nashville, TN in Brentwood. It was the tower used by WSM back in the day. (Foreground: simple flagpole at the Brentwood public library).

Photo taken in mid-May with a Galaxy S4, edited (to look rather ominous) with Snapseed.

hemangbhavasar

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
IMG_20140326_145755.jpg

Location : Bhimashankar is a Jyotirlinga shrine located 50 km northwest of Khed, near Pune, in India.
Device : Nexus 5 (4.4.3)
Story : My mummy was came first time to Pune and she want to see places near by Pune, India. So I google out and find Bhimashankar Temple which is located on high hill. The temple is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to 13th century and the sabhamandap developed in 18th century by Nana Phadnavis.
At there I found this nurture high hill beauty and I capture it in my Google Nexus 5 camera. :)

Dissident26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone in AC can explain why we can't upload pics directly through app? I know it's not just me. Nexus 5 4.4.4.

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 5

cheshirecat79

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
097.jpg

top of the hancock building in downtown chicago facing east. taken with a droid X if you believe it. no editing software used- this was straight off the device.

it's funny- we had a dslr with us as well. while the pictures from the purpose-built camera came out well, this one photo that was quickly taken sort of as an afterthought ended up coming out great (imo). the shot was taken in 2010 when the DX was brand new and it still impresses me with the quality. check the shot out full-size, it's a decent testament to moto's 4.3'' behemoth (at the time).

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This is a picture taken from the balcony of my lab, overlooking Berkeley, Oakland, and SF in the distance! The tower is UC Berkeley Campanile.Heights.jpg

redrumsilence

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
DSC_0116.jpg
Taken with my then 3 day old Sony Xperia Z2 (8MP, 16:9, no filter, Superior Auto)
Taken from a 3rd story office window, I love how you can only just see the other buildings over the tops of the trees
:)

djeborn

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20140629_123549582.jpg
My wife and I went camping last weekend and climbed up Midnight Mountain (on a fourwheeler, thankfully) in Bear Lake, ID.
Date: 06/29/14
Device: Moto G (panorama mode)
Editing: Google+ Enhancement

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Device: Moto X
Object: Seattle Ferris Wheel

EYErn42.jpg

Aaron Bateman

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Bunker Hill, Los Angeles skyscrapers, nexus 5, crop in Photoshop, no color corrections. Edit taken with Nexus 5... dur.

Attachments

• height.jpg
    height.jpg
    782.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Hambutty

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 125891

Times Square buildings. Taken with the Nexus 5.

We're moving right along with our weekly photo contests, sticking to relatively broad topics to try and get as much participation as possible. The number of entries the past few weeks have been fantastic, and we're hoping that this week's prompt of "height" will bring in the same results. There are an uncountable number of ways to express the idea of height, and we can't wait to see what you have to show us this week.

For your effort this week you'll be put in the running to win an Android Central T-shirt, and we'll be selecting four winners this week to receive one.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 7) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Happy_Gilmore_1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
288s38l.jpg

Took this a few months ago after a Dodger game. Decided to go night exploring through Downtown LA. Taken with a Stock LG G2 tweaked with VSCO Cam.

Posted via Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke