Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weekly Photo Contest: Height

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-weekly-photo-contest-height.jpg

Times Square buildings. Taken with the Nexus 5.

We're moving right along with our weekly photo contests, sticking to relatively broad topics to try and get as much participation as possible. The number of entries the past few weeks have been fantastic, and we're hoping that this week's prompt of "height" will bring in the same results. There are an uncountable number of ways to express the idea of height, and we can't wait to see what you have to show us this week.

For your effort this week you'll be put in the running to win an Android Central T-shirt, and we'll be selecting four winners this week to receive one.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 7) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
    • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Ryan31124 likes this.

Default Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Height

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-2014-07-03-02.23.11-1.jpg

This photo was taken in February 2014 in Dubai. It was my first foreign trip and it was so nice to see such tall, amazing buildings!
    Taken on a Nexus 5 with photosphere mode and edited on VSCO Cam.

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-height.jpg

Background structure is an old radio tower south of Nashville, TN in Brentwood. It was the tower used by WSM back in the day. (Foreground: simple flagpole at the Brentwood public library).

Photo taken in mid-May with a Galaxy S4, edited (to look rather ominous) with Snapseed.

Cool Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Height

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-img_20140326_145755.jpg

Location : Bhimashankar is a Jyotirlinga shrine located 50 km northwest of Khed, near Pune, in India.
    Device : Nexus 5 (4.4.3)
    Story : My mummy was came first time to Pune and she want to see places near by Pune, India. So I google out and find Bhimashankar Temple which is located on high hill. The temple is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to 13th century and the sabhamandap developed in 18th century by Nana Phadnavis.
    At there I found this nurture high hill beauty and I capture it in my Google Nexus 5 camera.
    isdaako and Happy_Gilmore_1 like this.

Anyone in AC can explain why we can't upload pics directly through app? I know it's not just me. Nexus 5 4.4.4.

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 5
    Thanked by:

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-097.jpg

top of the hancock building in downtown chicago facing east. taken with a droid X if you believe it. no editing software used- this was straight off the device.

it's funny- we had a dslr with us as well. while the pictures from the purpose-built camera came out well, this one photo that was quickly taken sort of as an afterthought ended up coming out great (imo). the shot was taken in 2010 when the DX was brand new and it still impresses me with the quality. check the shot out full-size, it's a decent testament to moto's 4.3'' behemoth (at the time).

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-2014-07-02-05.21.42-1.jpg
    Shot with HTC ONE M7
    Edited with VSCO Cam

This is a picture taken from the balcony of my lab, overlooking Berkeley, Oakland, and SF in the distance! The tower is UC Berkeley Campanile.Weekly Photo Contest: Height-heights.jpg

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-dsc_0116.jpg
    Taken with my then 3 day old Sony Xperia Z2 (8MP, 16:9, no filter, Superior Auto)
    Taken from a 3rd story office window, I love how you can only just see the other buildings over the tops of the trees

Cool Re: Weekly Photo Contest: Height

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-img_20140629_123549582.jpg
    My wife and I went camping last weekend and climbed up Midnight Mountain (on a fourwheeler, thankfully) in Bear Lake, ID.
    Date: 06/29/14
    Device: Moto G (panorama mode)
    Editing: Google+ Enhancement

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Taken with a Galaxy Note 3
    Weekly Photo Contest: Height-vegas-newyork.jpg

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Device: Moto X
    Object: Seattle Ferris Wheel

Thanked by:
    isdaako, BldyIdt, djeborn and 5 others like this.

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-pano_20140630_172428.jpg

Taken with Nexus 4
    its a 360 Panorama of a roof in central London! near to Hyde Park where the construction is comming to an end

Bunker Hill, Los Angeles skyscrapers, nexus 5, crop in Photoshop, no color corrections. Edit taken with Nexus 5... dur.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly Photo Contest: Height-height.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weekly-Photo-Contest-Height.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	665.8 KB 
ID:	125891

Times Square buildings. Taken with the Nexus 5.

We're moving right along with our weekly photo contests, sticking to relatively broad topics to try and get as much participation as possible. The number of entries the past few weeks have been fantastic, and we're hoping that this week's prompt of "height" will bring in the same results. There are an uncountable number of ways to express the idea of height, and we can't wait to see what you have to show us this week.

For your effort this week you'll be put in the running to win an Android Central T-shirt, and we'll be selecting four winners this week to receive one.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 7) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
    • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
    • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
    • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
    • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
    • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-20130606_100924_hdr.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S3: Yosemite National Park
    No Filter
    dameon_03 and Happy_Gilmore_1 like this.

Took this a few months ago after a Dodger game. Decided to go night exploring through Downtown LA. Taken with a Stock LG G2 tweaked with VSCO Cam.

Posted via Android Central App
    cheshirecat79 and castleruins like this.

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-building-construction.jpg

Taken with the Nexus 4. Edited in Photoshop.
    Happy_Gilmore_1 likes this.

Taken with my LG G2 and auto enhanced through Google. My recent trip to Turkey in a local Colosseum in Marmaris.

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-20140601_092626_pano.jpg
    peacefulberry and Madd54 like this.

Looking up the bell tower at University of Illinois. Taken with either a Galaxy S4 or Nexus 5 then instagrammed.

Taken from the top of Willis Tower in Chicago in 2012 on my S2.
    Madd54 likes this.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-2014-04-29-12.27.46.jpg

Taken with a Nexus 5.
    An apartment complex in Hong Kong covered with scaffolding made of bamboo.
    Madd54 and Happy_Gilmore_1 like this.

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-20140629_152038.jpg Hi, I hope I win the contest! This is a partial view of the sears tower skyline driving in my car. This was taken on my galaxy s5 and it wasn't edited. I was on my way to a baptism with my parents when I saw the skyline so close. I live in Chicago but I can never get enough of how beautiful the city is!!

ROM
    Vicious JB V3/ Franco

These are orange tiger lilly's in my front yard. A few years ago I only had a few small starts from my grandma's farm. They have grown and spread gaining a lot of height. They caught my attention last night when I noticed they matched the sunset.
    Photo taken with my Moto X. Edited with the Photos app on my Nexus 7.
    Thanked by:

Weekly Photo Contest: Height-img_20140608_145236576.jpg

Moto X. Taken at an open house / tour of a local wind farm in June. The nacelle is 263 feet tall. The blades are 164 feet long. Four turbines produce enough power for 4200 households.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast