Weekly Photo Contest: Dots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Dots.jpg

Terminal 3 metal. Taken with the HTC One M8

Circles, holes, dots, whatever you want to call them — they're all over the place, and they often come in patterns and designs that offer a cool opportunity for photos. This week's prompt is "dots," and we're looking for the best photos you can come up with this week that incorporate that idea.

We're picking out two pictures again this week to win prizes, and each winner will receive an iOttie Easy Flex Wireless Charging Car Mount for their phone.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (July 29) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Al Bowering

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Here we have a macro shot of some LED lighting through a diffusing plate as it dims down. Viewed this close the LED "dots" show an interesting mosaic as the light splits through each of the diffusers facets. Taken with my HTC One S and edited for sharpness and saturation on the computer using FastStone.
IMAG1461a.jpg

ldragon76

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going with spheres!

Taken by my Droid Maxx. Some minor editing through Instagram.

These are my 3 marimo balls from a previous fish tank. I kept them when I had to tear down the tank.

su6a3a7u.jpg

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

paralog

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a close shot of the metal benches found in Target, was playing around with the camera while I waited. The reflected light is from some advertising board near it.

perforations.jpg
- Processed using Snapseed, and shot with a Nexus 4

Aweso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
This is the space-saving rig I just put together a couple of days ago. Two patterns of circles visible from this shot with my Galaxy Note 3.

Clipboard01.jpg

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Chaperoned a field trip to the Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. These are some hand made jars that were part of an exhibit. Taken with a Xperia Z1S and no editing.

y7u9evep.jpg

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Huzefa Shakir

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Dotty Dots

Ok, so this is only my second entry into a Weekly Photo Contest.
I get so excited every time a new contest gets announced and keep thinking about it, but I never participate because I can't come up with something cool enough. But in my defense, I'm a total n00b when it comes to photography.
I do stalk these forums though and am absolutely amazed by the pictures some readers post. Beautiful stuff. Anyway, this time round the topic was dots and I was determined to take part, so I hunted around my dad's shop and found this perforated cardboard sheet on which we hang little accessories. I set it outside with the light coming from behind and took a shot with the background over-exposed to bring out a nice contrast. Shot using the stock camera app on my Gionee Elife E7, un-edited.

IMG_20140724_112156.jpg

Cheers! :D

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
This pic of the floor from one of the cable headends I work at was taken with my HTC One M8 with a negative filter applied simply because I thought it looked cool...

IMAG0117_zpsdral3j5p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2